It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Planet: Mermaids Hoax or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I've produced (and 'directed' in my younger days!) quite a few 'higher-end' documentaries in my time (budgets ranging from $USD850K up to $USD3.5Million) and I have to admit, before knowing any background or reading any blog comments on this 'production', when I first started watching this I thought it was a legit doco, only with some bad acting/actors for the IV reconstructions and missing hard evidence for the conclusion they were hoping desperately to draw as 'fact'... but couldn't quite 'get there' with what they had to work with).

Someone obviously spent a reasonable amount of cash putting this together though, as some of the scripting subtitles and nuances in the way it's been structured overall are very tight and not something an amateur 'film-maker' or bunch of conspiracy nuts off the street could turn out without a lot of experienced help... and most of it for free!

But a very quick search of the 2 producers on IMDB turned up the inevitable 'giving away' almost immediately... the program synopsis; which by the way is listed under 'TV Series'. Clearly a drama production ('Mocker' at a stretch), is pasted below.
-----------------
Mermaids: The Body Found (2011) (TV) More at IMDbPro »
ad feedback

In 2004, when marine biologist Dr Brian McCormick (Sean C. Michael) stumbled across a recording of mysterious underwater sounds, he launched a scientific investigation to uncover the creature responsible. In search of conclusive proof, he and his research team are called out to an unusual whale stranding in South Africa. Here they find the part digested remains of an animal none of them can identify. As each of its body parts is autopsied, they provide new pieces of the puzzle. As the picture builds, McCormick is drawn to an astonishing conclusion: this new marine creature is related to humans. This two-hour special combines beautiful CGI animation, real natural history, a thrilling contemporary conspiracy theory and a race against time to unveil an ancient secret before it's too late. Written by Film Fan
-----------------

The website 'shut downs' are a particularly nice touch too.

Well done lads... a solid 9/10 from me for the effort... and 8/10 for the execution.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Perhaps the thing to remember in all of this is that the navy has tested, refined and uses sonar weapons that kill our precious marine animals. The discovery of the bloop was purely accidental/coincidental? Everyone should be outraged that they continue to use these weapons and consider the tragic loss of all those beautiful whales and dolphins acceptable.

It is not acceptable, not now nor ever. We destroy our forests, drive our precious native animals to extinction at an ever alarming rate, have hunted whales to the brink of extinction in the past and who knows how many other marine animals.

Having an offshoot of marine hominids is not such a stretch, there are possibly several isolated branches of hominids that are still surviving by avoiding the rest of US. If they exist, I hope they stay hidden too. It will be their only hope. This all reminds me of the
Cree Prophesy.

When all the trees have been cut down,
When all the animals have been hunted
When all the waters are polluted
When all the air is unsafe to breathe
Only then will you discover
That you can't eat money.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The whole "government seized the domain" thing is a HOAX. The following websites were NOT really seized by authorities:

DRPAULROBERTSON.COM
MERMAIDSAREALIVE.COM
BELIEVEINMERMAIDS.COM

When domain names are seized, the authorities redirect the domains to a government owned web host. To do that they change the "name servers" of the domain names to government name servers.

For example, MEGAUPLOAD.COM:

Domain Name: MEGAUPLOAD.COM
Registrar: DOTREGISTRAR, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.dotster.com
Referral URL: www.dotster.com...
Name Server: NS5.CIRFU.NET
Name Server: NS6.CIRFU.NET

Updated Date: 20-jan-2012
Creation Date: 21-mar-2005
Expiration Date: 21-mar-2014

As you can see, MEGAUPLOAD's primary name server is set to NS5.CIRFU.NET. "CIRFU" is the FBI's Cyber Initiative and Resource Fusion Unit. That means the domain name redirects you to the FBI's web host, and the notice image you see is directly from the FBI's servers.

However, here is BELIEVEINMERMAIDS.COM:

Domain Name: BELIEVEINMERMAIDS.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: www.melbourneit.com...
Name Server: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM
Name Server: DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM

Updated Date: 12-oct-2011
Creation Date: 12-oct-2011
Expiration Date: 12-oct-2012

As you can see, BELIEVEINMERMAIDS' primary name server is set to DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM. That name server points to RackSpace Hosting's cloud servers. That is a normal web host company and is not government owned. That means the domain name is NOT seized. It also means the seizure notice is NOT directly from the government.

ALL of the other mermaid websites point to the same host too. That is normal for people who own multiple domain names but one web host.

This is the official and most up-to-date place to check name server data, and where I got the above info:
www.verisigninc.com...

edit on 23-4-2012 by UnumSecretum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hmm I take it you never even read the whole OP or used OP's links before coming to your conclusion?
Pure example of trying to debunk without even reading the OP.
You're funny!

edit on 23-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
I still wonder if there is more to this? Could this be somehow related?

From February to April, a 2-month span, 877 dead dolphins and porpoises have been found on the beaches of northern Peru. The problem? No one knows why. It could be a virus. It could be an infection. It could be seismic oil exploration. It could be air guns. It could be nothing?

877 Dead Dolphins

sounds like you are trying to beat a dead dolphin mate. I watched it and its the worst fake documentary I have seen. These guys jump to that many conclusions its not funny. And there was NO scientific method employed. It was a joke of the highest order. maybe a practical joke.

Fake

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yeah but the all important question is...

A woman's top half and a fishy bottom half...

or

A woman's bottom half and a Fishy Top half..

Hmmmm

Difficult problem men have to deal with.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
I'm not too sure what the basis would be if indeed the sites really have been seized.

Looking into the "seized under the authority of..." references made of the sites mentioned:

18 USC §286:

Conspiring to defraud the United States with respect to claims

18 USC §287 :

False, fictitious, or fraudulent claims upon the United States

18 USC §371:

Conspiracy to commit an offense against or to defraud the United States relating to a violation listed in this section

SOURCE: IRS

I'm assuming the sites had some anti-government claims if they have been seized.
The site owners could have also just grabbed a ""seized under the authority of..." jpeg and replaced the homepage with said image to make us all wonder needlessly.

What you fail to realize is we're living under a Police State now, the Constitution is no longer worth the paper it is written on, there is no more Freedom of Speech.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Hmm I take it you never even read the whole OP or used OP's links before coming to your conclusion?
You're funny!

Hmmm You apparently missed my point. The original poster must not have scrolled down on that very link...I simply pointed out that if you scroll down and read the whole thing, it's pretty much entirely debunked....Including pointing out that the "Scientists" are nothing more than actors...and that there is no such organization as the “NOAA Fisheries Dept”.

Seriously....how much more debunking do you need?

Oh there's also the simple fact that IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' MERMAIDS!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What really got my attention was that cave in Egypt but my quick search came out empty. Does anyone know if that is true? Does that cave/paintings are even real?

I can't go further into the other evidences showed by the "documentary", only this one. I'm don't buy the story, but the least I can do is investigate a little bit before calling it bogus.
edit on 23-4-2012 by theiceone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You're funny!

Hmmm You apparently missed my point. The original poster must not have scrolled down on that very link...I simply pointed out that if you scroll down and read the whole thing, it's pretty much entirely debunked....Including pointing out that the "Scientists" are nothing more than actors...and that there is no such organization as the “NOAA Fisheries Dept”.

Seriously....how much more debunking do you need?

Oh there's also the simple fact that IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' MERMAIDS!

I did scroll down and read that entire page before I created this OP. I do realized that this all is most likely a hoax. I just wanted more opinions on this by the ATS community if this indeed is a hoax or half truths? Something seems fishy (no pun intended) about this story to me.

I appreciate your input, but feel you did not provide any useful additional info to this thread imho.

BTW there is a NOAA Fisheries Dept only it's called NOAA fisheries service. Same thing I would assume?
NOAA Fisheries Service
edit on 24-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I feel like this video should have been brought up at some point. I can't find anything disproving it or supporting it beyond the camera mans explanation.
Anyone have any information on this?

I would appreciate seriousness, as this whole thing may well be bunk, but there's seems to be a strong possibility it is not.

*Edit
Sorry I hadn't thought of this, thus the edit.
Has anyone found out if it is illegal or not to impersonate, or fake government siesure of a website? I feel the answer to that question will help a lot with this discussion.

edit on 28-5-2012 by SirPaddles because: Had additional thoughts that I wanted to share, didn't want to double post.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theiceone
What really got my attention was that cave in Egypt but my quick search came out empty. Does anyone know if that is true? Does that cave/paintings are even real?

I can't go further into the other evidences showed by the "documentary", only this one. I'm don't buy the story, but the least I can do is investigate a little bit before calling it bogus.
edit on 23-4-2012 by theiceone because: (no reason given)

If you go to the Animal Planet website, you can find the 'cave art' listed with all the rest of the CGI stuff.

I'll post a link to the Animal Planet page, just it check out, it begins by saying that the 'documentary' is science fiction. Here is more from the linked site....

MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND makes a strong case for the existence of the mermaid, a creature with a surprisingly human evolutionary history, whose ancestral branch splits off from a shared human root. The film is science fiction, using science as a springboard into imagination and centering the story on the following real-world events: In the early 1990s, the US Navy began a series of covert sonar tests, which were linked to mass die-offs of whales, which washed up on beaches throughout the world. For years, the Navy denied they were responsible for these beachings. In 1997, scientists at the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recorded a mysterious sound (called “The Bloop”) in the deep Pacific, which was thought to be organic in nature. It has never been identified. These are facts.

Animal Planet

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Breaking News: Mermaids are not real, US government declares

Sorry to be the ones to break it to you folks, but mermaids are the Sasquatch of the sea: That is, they just don't exist.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrationhas taken the unusual step of making a public declaration that half-human, half-fish creatures inhabit only our imagination -- not our oceans.

"No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," NOAA's National Ocean Service division said in a recent blog posting.

Typically, the division is tasked with addressing coastal threats such as climate change, population growth, port congestion and contaminants. But it waded into more whimsical water recently after the Animal Planet network aired a show titled "Mermaids: The Body Found."

The cable TV show suggested that mermaids are far more than fanciful sirens. To bolster its case, it cast a spotlight on -- among other things -- an early cave drawing in Egypt believed to hold the most ancient depiction of mermaids.

So what do you think? This is indeed unusual step, and I can just imagine all weird calls/mail they had in past month and half.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I watched this show on Discovery channel last night. It was somewhat entertaining. I have always thought that most myths and legends have some basis in reality.

I was disappointed that they used a re-creation of the boys cell phone video. It would be more believable if they actually had some of the real video or photos of the creature they found.

The best evidence they presented are still only drawings and stories from past civilizations. There's just so many hoax videos of mermaids out there now.

The scientists in the show seem credible. But since they claim all there evidence was confiscated, there story isn't much different from all the other stories from mythology and legend.

This video below shows a creepy, semi-realistic looking mermaid body. But the long hair, scaly skin and small tail size makes it look fake. If real mermaids do exist and evidence has been found. I wonder why it would be kept a secret.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

The best evidence they presented are still only drawings and stories from past civilizations. There's just so many hoax videos of mermaids out there now.
Some of that best evidence was also created for the show. Just like the shark pics, the beach boy video and the fishing net video.
In fact there were only two things that were truthful about the show. The one that i recall was the 'bloop' signal, that was real.
Here, I found it two posts up: Earlier post

edit on 16-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well I really enjoyed the whole thing. I was very disappointed at the end to find out it was fiction. I could tell the "scientists" were actors, but i figured the actual people didn't want to be exposed.

Still...It made me think. Shoot, you never really know, ya know? What if it were true and the only way they would let it air was if it were set up to look like a complete shame? I wish it was for real and we were going to learn something new about life...owell

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
just watched it, the overall idea is intriguing, but like many of you have pointed out, acting and not real people, it really just seems to play out like advertisement for the "Aquatic Ape theory.
Still, a fun watch at least for me

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Putting Science behind Mermaid: The Body Found

First off it would be extremely stupid for the producers of the documentary to purposely put a "Seized" banner leading to their website. The goal is too attract an audience not block them. Only a fundamently flawed individual would think otherwise.

DHS must have seized the website to keep enthusiasts from following the story because of the reality of the Navy using sonar booms that killed the whales and dolphins which was the largest mass beaching known to human history.

Think about it if whales would have beached theirselves like they did in the video on a regular occasion then there would be a build up of their bones along the shores that would be easily discovered. But since such grave yards have not been discovered then the Navy has to be upto something.

After watching the episode on Animal Planet I wrote this article:

Part One

Listening to the voice of the Mermaid.

To understand how the Mermaid speaks you have to understand their language. Since it has been reported that the Mermaid hunted along side of dolphins the Mermaid species would had to have learned how to communicate with the
dolphins in order to be able to herd the fish into the center of the fishing area in order to capture them. The way dolphins communicate is by sending out electronic impluses that when the pulse comes into contact with other elements that are not elements made of water the pulse is reflected back in the direction of the Mermaid who sang the song the image of object is recreated in their minds. This would allow the Mermaids to travel deep into the ocean where there is no sunlight to hunt live and escape from that which would hunt them. The mermaids song when sang during the hunt would be high pitched and would cause the fish to swim eradicately until dolphins began to take part in the hunt. As both species of mammals sang their songs the songs of both species would reflect off of each others bodies along with the fishes body so that each knew what the other was thinking. In time both species grew to form well planned hunts where upto 50 dolphins and mermaids would select a portion of the school of fish and begin the hunt. Both species would dart in and out of the schools singing their songs in different pitches that would seperate the large schools into more manageable schools Just like a cattle rustler who makes loud calls by hootin and hollerin as they surrounded the herd forcing the herd into a tight grouping as not to be able to escape as the dolphins and mermaids closer into a tighter formation towards each other and continued their song the fish like the cattle became a mass of food waiting to be caught. The hunt since it would have been in water would have needed to have been a three dimensional sphere with both species sing their songs on all planes so that a sphere of confusing noise trapped the fish inside the sphere. Once the song sphere had been created other Mermaids would swim towards the school with a net and at the last second the song would cease as the neet mermaids swam between the mermaid hunters and dolphins causing the confusion process in the fish to be so well done that the fish became entranced or put into a daize while the net mermaids cast their net around the school and closed the net in a similar manner to how humans tie their shoes.

Another piece of evidence that links mermaids to humans, well to the humans that mermaids think are noble and do not wantonly take from the sea all that is takeable is the fishook. If you notice the fish hook is the form of a mermaid, the barb being the tail with the shaft being the elogance of the mermaid twisting while swimming. The eye of the fish hook being the head of the mermaid. The fishing string is a link between mermaid and humans through the mermaid designing the fish hook for humans to catch fish with. The reel itself is an extension of the song of the mermaid and dolphin on all three planes where the hook being pulled in with the fish on it is also a reminder that mermaids will never be taken by the hook of a fisherman because the bait on the hook does not respond to the song of the mermaids. When mermaids encouter such bait and it does not respond to their song they know that there is a human at the other end who would no sooner catch them and eat like fish. The Fish hook is both a gift from the mermaids to humans and as warning to young mermaids that not all in the ocean is food.

After all humans that live on land and detest the water and what lies beneath its waves are the ones who first tried to kill the mermaids off when they were still evolving into mermaids and going back and forth between water and shore. Then there are those who like myself love the water because it is serene and a place to get away from the land dwellers to relfect and enage in deep thoughts of meditation.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Part Two

But if it had not been for the mermaids who servered the fall of the dinosaur teaching humans how to fish then land humans would have most certainly have died off. After all when the disaster struck that killed the dinosaurs the mermaids would have been able to dive to depths and hide in caves to avoid the devastation. Seeing how the mermaids were human as well they felt compassion for land dwelling humans and taught them to survive by fishing.

It was also the mermaids who taught humans how to navigate the ocean. The correlation can be found to how both sides came together to create the tools that humans first used navigate the ocean. Both species live in equally opposite worlds where one world has an extreme element of oxygen with a marginal amount of water needed for the species to survive while the other world has an extreme element of water with a marginal amount of oxygen needed to survive where each species has an equal depth into the others world that one can go before dieing. For the mermaids it is a few inches completely out of the water into the air while for the human it is a few inches out of the air into the water. This creates the zero plane or flat plane. The humans brought the movement of the stars to the mermaids while the mermaids brought the movement of the ocean currents to the humans and through many trials and errors developed tools that helped early sailors navigate through treacherous waters. But you will never hear this only in myth and fable as it was aggreed upon by both sides to hide the mermaids in myth so that the humans who had started the war with the mermaids would not hunt them down and kill their species off. This is another alliance that was formed between humans and mermaids with the gift of the fish hook. That if any humans came looking for the mermaids that they would release on humanity the wrath of the deep.

After all mermaids are friends to many sea creatures and can emplore them through their songs to create great ocean based disasters just by having as many sea creatures gather in one location and begin a gentle motion of their tails that would cause the water to churn into a great wall of water.

Communicating with mermaids is rather simple. You must first learn the song of the hunt and the ways that the dolphins use their song to hunt. Once this song has been learned then humans and mermaids might one day meet again.

Mermaids do however take their revenge out on humans when their world is disturbed. Take for instance the number of bull sharks coming deeper into the interior of Florida through rivers that lead to the ocean. There should be any reason why the bull sharks and other predators of the deep are moving in land when there is more than enough food for them in the open ocean. The that sharks are coming deeper into the interior of Florida's inlets and other coastal regions is because of the damage that big oil is doing to their habitat. Oil spill after oil spill has upset the natural equilibrium thus causing the mermaids to take action herding such fish like the bull shark and grouper inland where they can attack humans swimming for fun thinking that they are safe.

The goal is too scare enough humans into humans making big oil either stop polluting the ocean with its drilling and islands of plastic waste through laws so that big oil will be made to be more responsible. If humanity isn't careful the creatures under the direction of the mermaids can cause severe damage to the human world. After all humans need water to survive but cannot survive in water The mermaids on the other hand could cause global warming by breaking apart ice shelves to raise the water level thus slowling allowing the predators of the oceans deep to feed on the land humans thus herding us just like the mermaids and dolphins herd schools of fish into a sphere of confusion. With a water world the only species left would be mermaids who by all rights have the right to defend their world against the aggressions that humans have placed on it.

To better understand the song of the mermaid one has to be in a relaxed state of being to the put of being in a daize. The Bloop Song will need to be listened to over and over again along many tones both sutdle and piercing to the point of causing permanent brain damage over several days and in a room where they are relaxed and without any pressure or any other distractions what so ever to disrupt the song. After several days the human should be taken into a dark room where only the sound of water ebbing gently should be heard. When the human falls asleep they should begin to see the image of the mermaid in their dreams especially at the point when the human knows that they are almost falling asleep yet know that they are still awake. This is when the mermaids song will be revealed. Just like the hunt the learning of the mermaind song will take many times to incorporate into the humans thought process.

But there is one way to locate where the Mermaid species would live. We know that sharks and other predators of the ocean are attracted by the scent of blood and will swarm to a freshly bitten meal. This is how the sharks hunt. They are grouped loosely in packs hunting all the time. Some packs can be upto a hundred sharks spread out over thousands of sqaure miles. When a sizeable prey such as a whale is located that can feed the entire pack one shark will attack it making several bite marks deep into the prey to cause it too bleed profusely. The ocean currents then carry the scent of the blood to each shark. As pack smells the blood they begin to move along the blood trail. Sharks can distance by the amount of blood that is present. The more blood that is present tells them that the prey is very close by. When the shark cannot determine the location of the prey using their noses they then use their limited sight to look for the prey in the cloud of blood. Once located they begin to tear at the prey loosing the meat from the bones so that chunks of meat will float in the ocean and become easier to digest. If there is alot of blood in the kill zone that makes it impossible to see and smell the prey the sharks go into a feeding frenzy snapping at everything that creates a shadow in the water.

With this in mind in we go back to Mermaids habitat. Since Mermaids first learned to hunt and gather food by watching the dolphins they would have also have learned how to watch how the sharks hunted for the main reason that sharks are the master of the deep feeding on everything compared to the Mermaid and dolphins who feed on a limited food supply. The Mermaids would have learned that when they eat their food that every incision made releases blood into the water that could potentially attract a meat eating shark such as the Megalodon or Great White into their territory. For this reason alone the Mermaids in order to keep their species alive would have migrated to ocean areas where their food supply was abundant but the presence of sharks was not. The only shark that has been known to pass between fresh and salt water is the Bull Shark, which remains the Mermaids only true adversary.

When looking for Mermaids their habitats will most likely be in places where there are not any sharks other than the Bull Shark as the Bull Shark would have most likely caught a few Mermaids who wandered to far from the safety of their underwater caves and palaces. The Bull Sharks would remember where they had fed at and passed it onto their offspring thus creating a circle of life event in the area. The Mermaid would choose the deepest caves to live in and raise their young even possibly creating large underwater dwellings using tools that they had created to carve the dwellings with.

Given the aggressive nature of the deep however the Mermaid being the most intelligent species of the ocean next to the dolphin would have learned which objects are a whale, shark or a human crafted boat by learning how the impulse or their Song they sent out was reflected back and how their brains determined the composition of the object. For fish the impulse returned would have a certain amount of elements contained in that would tell the mermaid what type of fish it was. The Mermaid would then use their eyesight to further establish a visual pattern of the scent with the type of fish.

Wooden boats would give off a very distinct singature because their composition not being consistent with anything the Mermaid would have known to have come from their world. At last check trees do not grow in the deep so their molecular composition would be unknown to the Mermaid. Using their vision the Mermaid would then once again visually imagine the foreign object as being associated with humans.

Metal boats would return a very profound impulse response as the impluse generated by the Mermaid would reflect off of and not pass through the molecules of the steel hull like the molecules in fish reflect and allow the impulse or the Song to.

Understanding the physiological change that took place that transformed the human into the Mermaid.

At first when humans began living in their water world they would need to return to the surface quite frequently to replenish their air supply. It wasn't until the first human learned to slow their heart rate and their actions under water did the transformantion begin. Through the mitochondria is where the change actually occured. The mitochondria is the cell within the human body that creates the cells that create the human body and eventually the orgins that are within the body. During conception communication between the sperm and egg takes place where environmental effects upon the humans body are then transferred into the new egg that shapes the mitochondria's cell processing functions.

With each generation the humans who travelled back and forth between land gave birth to a symbiotic species that was adapted to both land and water but as the species continued to seek the water more than land the evolutionary changed effected the fetus even more. Because water places a different amount of pressure on the body the longer that the female with child stayed under water during the process of fetus growing inside of her womb the more that the fetus adapted to the pressure placed upon it which further cause the human fetus to develop the need to survive underwater more so than on land. Another process that transformed the human fetus into an underwater species was the deprivation of oxygen. While in the mothers womb the fetus gets all of it's nourishment from the mother through the umbilical cord including oxygen. But with the deprivation of oxygen came an increased need for the fetus to take in oxygen in order to survive. During the very beginning of when humans were becoming aquatic the mother would sometimes take in little bits of water both on purpose and on accident. The water was absorded by the body where they mitochondria would then process what was found to use as food to create energy for the body. This process made the mitochondria create new cells that formed into origins within the fetus' body that at first allowed the fetus to take small gulps of water where special orgins in the body converted the elements in the water into a form of storable energy that would then fuel the humans body underwater. The small gulps of water eventually created channels in the body where water was constantly passed through where microhairs would catch the tiny elements and microbials and then convert them into energy that the body needed. These amounts were small enough however that the human still needed to rise to the surface for oxygen along with needing to hunt for its food. Eventually the hairs caught tiny bacteria called Cyanobacteria a species of orginisms that create oxygen as a by product from processing various elements in the water. The mitochondria then created cells that would become part of the tiny hairs used to catch other microbials in the water. The biological process that took place in the hairs would have been same process that the microbials used to create oxygen from water and other elements in the water.The converted oxygen would then have been distributed through the human body so that the muscles could perform work based upon the conversion process of oxygen into water. With the mermaid now being adapted to use its surrounding elements to create and store energy especially oxygen which muscles need to work the mermaid could dive to deeper depths of the oceans to hunt and escape that which preyed upon it. This evolutionary process would have come along about the same time that the mermaids develop their flukes or flippers.

When humans first made their way into the water they walked around on the bottom using weights to keep them on the bottom instead of floating to the surface. But not too much weight otherwise they would drown before making it back to the surface for oxygen. Adding weights also helped the human evolve into a mermaid by placing a resistance on the humans body causing it to work thus requiring more oxygen to remain underwater longer. The best way to demonstrate how humans developed a fluke in place of feet can be summed up with the human running with and against the wind. When a human runs agaist a very strong wind current the body consumes more oxygen and energy in order to over the winds force thus causing the body to slow down until it has replaced the oxygen in its body and the muscles has been replenished with oxygen. But if the same human were to run with the same wind current the wind current would actually propel the human faster than it was able to run. This would have allowed the human to conserve energy and oxygen and run a farther distance. Just like the mermaid where the extreme water placed upon it caused physiological changes to the fetus' body so to would the wind upon the fetus of the wind walker. If the human would continue to run with the wind the effects of the wind upon the mother would be transfered through the mothers egg and the fathers sperm to create a new species of human that had developed flaps in areas of the body where the skin would be loose and capture the wind current. With each generation this knowledge would be passed onto the humans where the mitochondria would create flaps of skin along the humans body that would catch the wind to use it as a form of propulsion. Bones would begin to appear to keep the skin rigid and taught to catch the most amount of wind possibly but flexible enough to not cause the bones to break. The same process occured in the mermaid. With the legs and feet being needed less and less each generation of mermaids mitochondria adapted the leg and feet celluar growth to form more and more skin between each digit especially between the hands and feet where there is an excess of skin that would have acted like a natural sail and would have caught the water in the skin flap thus giving the human the ability to in essence push it's self off of the water. The mermaid would be its fastest when traveling with swift moving currents. Slowly the mitochondria created cells in the fetus that fused tail skin over the legs and the newly created fluke. Having independant flukes or rudders would allow the mermaid to not only propel iteslf through the water rather quickley but also gave the mermaid the ability to force water over their flukes in any direction of nearly 360 degrees which gave them and unequalled ability to make quick turns to capture their food or escape a shark or killer whale hunting them.

It is almost with certainity that the aquatic military forces of Earth, the Navy, Marines and non military sailors whose heritage comes from being seafarers would have been the first humans to encounter mermaids as they crossed the oceans into the unknown. It is for this reason that true sea farers and not actors who come far from inland waterless sources would be the ones who know of the history of the mermaid and protect their locations which was created when mermaids first gave the humans the fishook as a gesture of good faith between the two species.

It might be impossible to ever find a Mermaid because of their keen ability to avoid contact but everytime that you see a dolphin, whale or killer whale pod there is a mermaid pod close by watching both pod and humans alike.

A tribute the mermaids and their gift. One way to pay tribute to the mermaids and the gift of the fishook is too create a cyclinder that is propelled into the air by its own heat. The cyclinder can have words written on it tribute to the Mermaids or any type of good though. The length of rope should be placed around the candle in such a way that the rope attached to tribute would slowly burn and eventually cause the candle to drop the tribute into the ocean but where the eventuality would take place so the person paying tribute can see the tribute released into the ocean. Attached to the candle would have four weights attached to a string or rope with the string or rope measuring no thicker than a wooden pencile. The bottom weight would have the longest string being any length between four and six feet in length.The weight should be in the shape of a sphere just like Earth is spherical in shape and should weigh between 1/8" and one times the total weight of the tribute itself. This weight would be the heaviest weight that would pull the tribute into the depths of the ocean. A third of the length from the opposite end of the weighted end the string or rope would have a piece of wood being light and boyant placed through the intertwined pieces of rope that make up the rope itself. The length of the wood piece would be half of the overall length of the tribute rope and a 1/4" in diameter. On the ends of the wood piece placed a an 1/8" from the end of the wood piece would be another length of rope of string measuring two inches in length. Attached to the rope or string would be a sphere measuring three inches in diameter. The cross member spheres would be made of the same wood that the cross member is made of. The wooden spheres would halved and made whole with a adhesive that would dissolve in water over time but not right away. In each sphere would be placed a fishook handcrafted crafted to resemble the elogant form of the Mermaid while swimming. The top sphere would measure four inches in diameter and be tied to the 1/3 shorter length of rope or string. The top sphere would be made of the same wood as the other spheres and would also be halved and made whole with the same adhesive. Inside the top sphere would be placed soil with a any choice of seed that the person giving tribute to the Mermaids wishes to place into the sphere. The process of placing the soil and seed should be as follows. After placing the adhesive on the two halves the spheres should be connected at their bottom halves being placed at a forty five degree angle.As the spheres are slowly being closed up the soil will be added so that it fills both halves. When soil has fallen in between the center of the two halves place the seed into the center of the soil and slowly continue to fill the sphere with soil placing it over the seed while continuing to close the two sphere halves. Once closed press the two sphere halves tightly together. When the lower realm of the tribute has been completedand the adhesive has thouroughly dried attach it too cyclinder with a three foot piece of string or rope. Release the tribute at any time of the year. Once the cylinder has dropped the tribute because of its design it will sink slowly to the bottom of the ocean where the oceans currents will cause the tribute to produce an elogant dance in tribute to the Mermaids and their gifts.

Don't underestimate the unknown...yet embrace it with joy and excitement and remember to not be greedy about what you find as she will find you. When her hair has wrapped around you and you can move no more and sink into the murky depths it will be then and then only that you will have realized that you forget the laws of the ocean and its depth.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

i recently saw this documentary and after doing some research it turns out that the whole things was dramatized.

however they did mention that the "bloop" phenomenon is very much real and to this day it has yet to be identified, also all the art work,drawings and sculptures were real.

it would make sense for there to be aquatic humanoid beings living in our oceans. after all we did evolve from sea animals maybe a certain group never left the water and evolved into what we know as mermaids.

remember that old saying, that we know more about the surface of our moon than we do of our oceans

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join