It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Planet: Mermaids Hoax or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Happeetaz

If you watch the "Mockumentary" It's leads you to think the scientists where silenced, there making a publicity stunt or whatever (DOJ Images) would lend a hand in a conspiracy. I posted this topic to find out if this was in fact a Haox or not?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Definitely a hoax at least the video with Japanese subtitles. The acting was horrible and the further you go along the less "science" there is and the more fantasy takes over.
A couple quick google searches turned up nothing on these supposed scientists.
I hate when they use the names of real organizations and institutions to legitimize nonsense like this. The next generation of kids will believe anything with a steady diet of this garbage.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The FBI logo looked funny so I did some digging and found this.
projectavalon.net...

If you go down the page to the post made by Operator you will find something very interesting. I did not copy and paste his post here as that web site may not like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
The FBI logo looked funny so I did some digging and found this.
projectavalon.net...

If you go down the page to the post made by Operator you will find something very interesting. I did not copy and paste his post here as that web site may not like that.

I wonder if imitating an online authority is against the law?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not that I really want to see the internet be regulated by laws and policing agencies, but I think it is even worse if people are trying to use legal notices to facilitate some scam, hoax or fraud.

I guess people should get a clear picture of what is going on. There are some sites related to the story that some are claiming were seized by the gov.

Problem is, we have megaupload which was just recently seized and the source code is as follows:

< title>NOTICE< /title> "/banner.jpg"/>

Megaupload

Now if we take a look at the source for the mermaid site:

believeinmermaids.com...

It's full of metatagging and a bunch of other crap, in other words, a hoax:

Mermaids, merpeople, water creatures found! Mermaid legends are true! Mermaids, merpeople, and other water creatures have been living in our oceans and lakes for years The Body Found, Mermaid, Mermaids, Real, NOAA, scientist, studies, bodies, Dr. Paul Robertson, real, evidence, mermaid body, conspiracy, Mermaids Evidence

edit on 22-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
I'm not too sure what the basis would be if indeed the sites really have been seized.

Looking into the "seized under the authority of..." references made of the sites mentioned:

18 USC §286:

Conspiring to defraud the United States with respect to claims

18 USC §287 :

False, fictitious, or fraudulent claims upon the United States

18 USC §371:

Conspiracy to commit an offense against or to defraud the United States relating to a violation listed in this section

SOURCE: IRS

I'm assuming the sites had some anti-government claims if they have been seized.
The site owners could have also just grabbed a ""seized under the authority of..." jpeg and replaced the homepage with said image to make us all wonder needlessly.

Seized because of the claims about US Navy Sonar killing whales/dolphins.

You cant accuse them ....

You have to wait 30-40 years before the truth comes out.

mammals in the oceans dying of internal ruptures etc ....
not something that is natural and been happening forever,
just in line with tech deveolpment.
go figure?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It is a hoax video, that much has been said many times..it tells you this on the video itself, at the end.

It has Japanese subtitles because animal planet was not allowed to show this in the United States, we will assume this is because the government did not want a bunch of phone calls from people wanting to "save the mermaids"

edit on 22-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Did someone ask about the U.S.S. Stein?

Starts at around 03:00.

edit on 22-4-2012 by MoonMine because: Time index

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My secret reliable sources tell me:

They are not mermaids.
The Old Ones return from their Cyclopean cities deep beneath the waves.
And yes the US Government have been their slaves since the first world war.
All Hail Cthulhu,your time in the water is ending.

That's why the government took down the websites-and its why they have built all their deep bunkers as well-once the Old Ones return to reclaim their creation upon the land(that's us),the governments of the world will hide away in their bunkers like scardy mice in holes..

While above ground,the horrors from before time take us all to a new eldritch dimension.
Welcome to December 21st,2012.

MwhaMwha hahahahh!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
I'm not too sure what the basis would be if indeed the sites really have been seized.

Looking into the "seized under the authority of..." references made of the sites mentioned:

18 USC §286:

Conspiring to defraud the United States with respect to claims

18 USC §287 :

False, fictitious, or fraudulent claims upon the United States

18 USC §371:

Conspiracy to commit an offense against or to defraud the United States relating to a violation listed in this section

SOURCE: IRS

I'm assuming the sites had some anti-government claims if they have been seized.
The site owners could have also just grabbed a ""seized under the authority of..." jpeg and replaced the homepage with said image to make us all wonder needlessly.

This is exactly what happened here. Take a look at the source code, it even has "conspiracy" in it, to attract google searches. Why would Homeland Security not remove all meta tags as well if they were going to place a logo of them on the site?
Also, the site is hosted via MelbourneIT, an Australian hoster. Quite sure Homeland Security cannot shut a site down that is hosted by Australians.
Haven't seen the documentary yet, will get o it later. However, the websites are probably fake.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The so called seized websites even have google analytics _javascript still in the source. They clearly aren't legitimate. And if the DOJ could take down websites for making accusations against the Government ATS would have been gone a long damn time ago.
edit on 22-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Seems the new way to attract visitors to sites is to pretend to be taken down by the DOJ, FBI, etc.

The way the site works seems bogus since it just loads the image but the page is still basically there, behind the scenes.

Reminds me of the people who have tried to redact stuff on a web page by setting the text and background to the same color value.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Seems the new way to attract visitors to sites is to pretend to be taken down by the DOJ, FBI, etc.

There are no ads on the sites, the only reason they might be pretending the sites are seized is to perpetuate the hoax. There's no profit to be made from a website like that. In fact it will only cost them money for hosting.
edit on 22-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It still get people talking of the site. If the site was for money only, there would be ads or a charge.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well I just watched it, and at the end it says "certain events" in the film are fictional. It would help if they were more specific about the fictional parts. Do those researchers even exist and have they actually testified about any of this? It is a very interesting film though, I mean much of the evolutionary theories presented about early hominids adapting to the water is theoretically logical.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

The way the site works seems bogus since it just loads the image but the page is still basically there, behind the scenes.

Reminds me of the people who have tried to redact stuff on a web page by setting the text and background to the same color value.

So does anyone know how to see what is being hidden behind the fake image? I wonder what the DOJ and FBI think about this? You have to admit it was a good plan to attract visitors they just did not count on people being so quick to see though the fake. In the end the whole thing is going to back fire on them.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I still wonder if there is more to this? Could this be somehow related?

From February to April, a 2-month span, 877 dead dolphins and porpoises have been found on the beaches of northern Peru. The problem? No one knows why. It could be a virus. It could be an infection. It could be seismic oil exploration. It could be air guns. It could be nothing?

877 Dead Dolphins

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Yeah...This page pretty much debunks the whole thing. Here's the link...just scroll down to read the debunking. 2012indyinfo.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join