It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Planet: Mermaids Hoax or not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Came across this. Turns out another website has been taken down. This time it looks real. The scientists who studied partial remains of a mermaid have been harassed again, and now the NOAA scientists website was seized by the department of justice and homeland security. Apparently the navy uses weapons in the ocean which has caused the deaths of whales, sharks, fish, dolphins, and "bodies" to be washed up.

Link to supposidy removed website

I have no idea if this is truly a elaborate hoax or if there is more to it? This is why I am bringing this to ATS to see what others think.

Link to story

The documentary in question:

Let see what you think? At best it's a entertaing video.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I skipped thru it
looked for the part about "the little mermaid"

I think this is what it might be
though I could be wrongMermaid Family

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I've been obsessively thinking the same thing since I saw this a few days ago. However from what I've found,only the "bloop" is real
. I know all the characters are actors on this show and none of the actual names or institutions are used....
I think I REALLY , really wanted it to be true .. fairies , leprechauns and all

Ats has some old forums on the "bloop" , haven't read them all.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-4-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The woman and man being interviewed at the beginning really seem like actors...going to try and watch the rest anyway though.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
believeinmermaids.com "Has been seized by the DOJ - Homeland Security"....

A mermaid site taken down by them, wow, I am speechless. If this is real, I will have to reconsider my disbelief in mermaids I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It says in the last minute that basically the only true events are that the Navy does the sonar testing and it directly affects whale beachings, and that the "bloop" noise is real but the origin is still unknown.

Its just an entertainment show saying "what if" the "bloop" noise was mermaids?

What is kind of funny/ironic is that the guy says dolphins act in ways that someone must have taught them. Well, what does that say for humans? Dolphins are basically a nonhuman intelligent species. Does that mean he thinks humans (human intelligent species) couldn't have learned what they did without help from another advanced species? Kind of ties right back into the ancient astronaut theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Another question I have to you all is. Is this a actual animal planet documentary or is this a mockumentary?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Pretty entertaining. I'd like to think mermaids are real. It's a possibility I guess.

Horrible, Horrible actors though. The woman made me want to strangle her with all those dramatic pauses.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm not too sure what the basis would be if indeed the sites really have been seized.

Looking into the "seized under the authority of..." references made of the sites mentioned:

18 USC §286:

Conspiring to defraud the United States with respect to claims

18 USC §287 :

False, fictitious, or fraudulent claims upon the United States

18 USC §371:

Conspiracy to commit an offense against or to defraud the United States relating to a violation listed in this section

SOURCE: IRS

I'm assuming the sites had some anti-government claims if they have been seized.
The site owners could have also just grabbed a ""seized under the authority of..." jpeg and replaced the homepage with said image to make us all wonder needlessly.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Seriously? Sea monkeys. Please I am looking for serious input here.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

False, fictitious, or fraudulent claims upon the United States

Kind of adds some validity to Infowars and Alex Jones I'd say.
Like he says, if he was making it all up, he'd be sued off the face of Earth.

Kind of a scary concept. I'd prefer he was way off the mark.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I had always heard that mermaids were a myth created by horny sailors having sex with sea cows. No joke, I've heard it a number of times.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
well I imagine I am a mermaid sometimes.. and it stems from my childhood. I would imagine I was swimming in the ocean with the dophins and starfish, sea horses and even my bed was an underwater cave with soft coral that was also illuminus. Even now when I meditate I imagine that I am under the ocean swimming about
and then I worry about Einstien.. ya know: the "I think therefore I am" lol

oh dear... what if our imagination is true and we exist there also?

if so... I am just sitting on the rocks with all the seals at the moment splashing my tail about and relaxing...

ready to dive in again and chat with the whales and dolphins

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Doesn't the sonar blast sound a bit like the sounds that have been heard in the skies worlwide???

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Did the creatures look like this?

All fun aside. There was a post here on ATS.
Made by this guy about the bloop.
navy_vet_stg3

As a Naval Sonar Technician, I would love to comment on this thread (you have no idea how much I want to comment), but I don't want anyone knocking on my door.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quite a coincidence isn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's a mockumentary check out IMDb Mermaids: The Body Found

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
cool find. i def believe in them. im going to go w my gut and say everything we were taught was a lie. everything we are told was myth is more true than what we "know".
why is this not highly possible? ive never been more than 15 ft underwater so i dont know anything about deep sea life. scientists and doctors politicians have all been paid off before. so i could see this knowledge just as dangerous to tptb as ufos.
for the evololutionists. some of us evolved onto land while others could have evolved in the water.
look into hollow earth and you might be suprised.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here or in any other related thread, but the sites that have allegedly been shut down by Homeland Security and the DOJ still contain all the tags for hits in the HTML source.

Mermaids, merpeople, water creatures found! Mermaid legends are true!
Mermaids, merpeople, and other water creatures have been living in our oceans and lakes for years
The Body Found, Mermaid, Mermaids, Real, NOAA, scientist, studies, bodies, Dr. Paul Robertson, real, evidence, mermaid body, conspiracy, Mermaids Evidence

I seriously doubt that would be left in there by the DOJ if the sites had really been seized, just my 2 cents.
edit on 21-4-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: yup

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Also the DOJ images are titled odd. Like mermaid_1.jpg or something like that I have bben told.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Interesting...Was cleverly done...Whats with taking down the site though?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join