It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Version of BOINC is out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A new version of BOINC came out a few days ago, and Just FYI some have been having trouble running it as an update, if you do, just remove the old and install the new as a clean install, though you will have to go back through the setup process for your projects.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I haven't downloaded it yet, what is different?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The interface looks better, and a few bug fixes. But other than that not much.
2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For the convenience of ATS members who might be interested in participating in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, here is a link to the S.E.T.I. site.

Here is the link to the new S.E.T.I. .site. Both sites should access the latest download.

edit on 6/14/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: to amend text

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes the new program does look a little nicer. We really enjoy the certificates. Just in case any of you needed help. When you log in to one of your SETI projects web site, just look for certificate or cross project. It is a pretty nice certificate you can print and put in a frame. It shows the date you started and how much time your computer has donated to the project.

For those of you that already knew this, sorry. I do like the downloads section also. They have some nice computer wallpaper and backgrounds for the SETI@Home screensaver.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow, there's a Seti@home forum?!? Cool. I totally forgot about this - I was heavily into it years back, but after upgrading computers never re-installed. Thanks for the reminder - going to install right now!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Is there an app for iPhone products to do the SETI thing?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I liked the old version of seti. When they changed to boinc I continued to use it for some time. I can understand the main stream attempt to coridinate the science projects available. I joined Team Art Bell and didn't mind using my computer in this effort. I no longer participate, but it is a worth while venturte.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have been running Seti @ home on Team ATS for many many years now.Im happy that I still am not the only one!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

howe do i sign up for team ats??

top topics

join