It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I woke up in my dream and new I was dreaming!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I also thought as I lay there after being woken why I wasted it on flying, why didnt I try go back in time or visit area 51 or something LOL

At the risk of misunderstanding, I think you have a different thing in mind there. Lucid Dreaming is like staring in your own cartoon, as your own editor...producer..and illustrator. That is how I look at it anyway. Don't like a canyon? Fly over it. Don't want to fly over that wall? Go under it. Sandbox mode for life.

Astral Projection or Out of Body Experiences are very different things. Those aren't fantasy, if it's what it appears to be. You actually can cross distance and...other barriers to get somewhere and see something that has a correlation to the real world outside your projection. Remote Viewing is another term...but after watching remote viewers do their thing, I can't really compare it. They're sketching vague images and sensing surroundings...where in a projection, well, sketching is useful if you SEE a sketch you want to duplicate later.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats
lucid dreaming question - can you gain any real life skill while lucid dreaming since it is so real?. For example, if you lucid dreamed and continued to play hockey all night, would it increase your skill and ability for next time you played in the physical world?

I believe for things that use as much brain memory as muscle memory, it can.

I've heard of gymnasts who spend a set amount of time practising their sets in their mind only, focusing on technique and timing. They go on to claim that they perform better physically using it.

I've never had any success reading in lucid dreams. Too sporadic and infinite to remain coherent, the words change or are complete gibberish, so I doubt study would work unless it was a known skill being practised.

But sure, the brain doesn't need physical interaction in order to build new learned skills. Now problem solving, thats where I've had most success. sadly, I've most likely got more problems than sleeps left lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
what startles me is when you come to the realization that you're dreaming after having done stuff that felt real.
you just feel its a dream all of a sudden and it just takes you from there, distorts into something you randomly think of in the blink of an eye.
how we were ever able to discern what is reality and not since the dreams we create can be just as real is beyond me lol..
edit on 16-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I remember I thought I was dreaming I was at work and accidentally started a fire. Then I woke up. I heard on the late night shift, a fire had started in the exact area I dreamed I accidentally started one. They were trying to figure out how it started. They believe they figured it out. Their explanation sounded logical so I thought maybe I just had a weird coincidence. I was thinking I will avoid trying to alter anything in this reality while I think I may be dreaming. At least I will avoid accidentally starting any fires.

I've had a gazillion lucid dreams. Supposedly if you are doing something you can't typically do in this reality, then you should know you are dreaming. That makes me wonder why I've had dreams where I didn't seem to realize I was dreaming but I was flying around and doing all sorts of superhuman stuff but was dreaming. Maybe I've had so many lucid dreams, my brain doesn't always realize something is impossible because I've already done it.

Welcome to the lucid dreaming club. You can do anything in your dreams if you dare. Stop time. Walk on water, fly in the air or through space. Maybe it depends on how much control you get. I've travelled through time several times.

If you dream about alien worlds, tell us what you saw.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

OK... I'll share this, and you are gonna laugh. Not joking here either, and I am slightly somewhat embarrassed to tell you about my last flying dream. I knew I was dreaming and was able to fly due to a discovery I made with a paper plate.LOLOL ... Somehow I had sat on one and it got stuck perfectly between umm my cheeks... I sat down on nothing by accident and I floated...then I flew more and experiemented to see if I could still levitate or fly with different weights of books , adding to to test... Anyway , I discovered I could fly... Oh and it wasn't ''gas'' powered either lol...

ummm instead of saying you'd had to have been there, I say, you'd have to have dreamed this to appreciate and feel the humor of it all. This dream was definitely hilarious!

*ducks head lol
edit on 17-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming occures when your are in a deep rem sleep and are stimulated slightly by a external force forcing your brain realise that you are dreaming but not firm enough to wake you from your sleep. If you really thing about you can usually remember a lucid dream very well. I wonder what your imagination had you doing lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Check fossets and light switches. They don't work when you are dreaming. Best way to figure it out.
~Tenth

I don't know where this comes from, but the faucets in my dreams have typically worked fine, I don't have any light switch interactions that I can recall so I can't speak to them.

Im pretty sure the light switch thing comes from a movie called Waking Life. Great movie.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by eNumbra

So how should I meditate? anything special or just relax?
The way I do it to help induce, is to lie in bed before I actually go to sleep and relax by breathing through my nose, deeply and slowly. You don't want to force it, it should feel natural. As you do it just feel your body, allow your mind to wander free of forced thoughts, feel your heart beating, in your chest, in your fingertips, in your toes, feel your lungs fill and drain.

You may feel other sensations during this, it is, I believe the Kundalini, you may want to read up on it before progressing further as it can be overwhelming.

Do you know your dreaming in every dream or just some?
Most dreams. There are nights where I feel as though I didn't dream at all, but may awaken with small senses of an image or two, I believe these are the normal dreams. Whenever I dream vividly I tend to realize I'm dreaming and usually, just go for the ride, nudging it in a particular direction rather than run amok as it were.
Can you decide before you sleep your going to do it or does it just happen?
Sometimes it does just happen, I can increase the odds of it happening but there's never a true guarantee it will happen when I want it to happen.

I guess in dream time it was about 10 min, not sure how long real time but I woke up wide awake which is unusual for me as I am not a morning person LOL
perception of time inside a dream from outside a dream is very skewed. researchers of the brain/dreams have found we have about 2 hours of dreams to 8 hours of sleep with 3-5 separate dreams though they would tend to blend into one from our perspective. I have, particularly when quite tired, dozed off between hitting the sleep button on my alarm and had what I could have sworn was an hour long dream

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have only had that happen to me one time, and it was because I was writing a paper on dreams in college and had read if you can figure out your dreaming you can fly. It took me two weeks of telling myself over and over before I would go to sleep I could do this. I finally did it one night and it really was awesome. Its so strange but I really felt the whole flying affect. Haven't been able to do it again, but I guess I haven't really tried again since.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Isn't lucid dreaming so cool?
I wish I could do it regularly.
Been having trouble remembering my dreams for a while now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join