It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I woke up in my dream and new I was dreaming!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hey yall,

Had an awesome dream last night, I dont remember what was happening or how I got there but I was on a roof and all of a sudden I thought to myself "This is a dream"
This happens alot and normally just when the dream is getting good and just before I wake up, this time as soon as I realised I was dreaming I expected to wake up but instead the dream haze lifted and things became very clear and lucid.

The first thing I thought to do was fly so I went to the edge of the roof and even though I knew I was dreaming I was still scared, after reminding myself it was a dream I jumped off and flew around for awhile.
I didnt go anywhere I just wanted to fly, I flew for what seemed like 5 min then my GF woke me up.

She said I was shaking and woke her up, she thought I was having a nightmare so she nudged me.
I was so pissed I nearly yelled at her LOL

Anyway I know we get all sorts on here and I was hoping maybe someone knows how its possible to "Wake up" in your dreams all the time.

Im gonna have a look on the interwebs now and Ill come back later to share what I find but if anyone has any tips on how I can do this regularly or has a similar story to share I would be very keen to hear it.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming.

That should make your search easier.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This SAME EXACT THING happened to me last night!
I was walking in a field and realized, hey I'm dreaming? What should I do? FLY
I flew around a while and woke up.
That's insane!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes.. what Enumbra said. Welcome to Lucid dreaming. It's better than drugs, sex and rock n roll all tied up in a train wreck.

Now...can you do it again and at will? When that answer is Yes, you'll find a whole new dimension to life that precious few stop long enough to even notice exists. I'm so happy for you!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams alot in the mornings, only problem with it is if i go back to sleep without moving i will have crazy dreams i wish i never had.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Be aware that it does take some toll. It's come naturally to me since I was a child; once or twice a week, every night if I meditate.

You'll wake up tired if much of the night is spent in lucidity as your brain isn't at complete rest and it is easy to awaken from a lucid dream. Doing it too often may cost you precious rest, but it can be worth the trade off at times.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A waking dream is a wonderful thing. Provides FULL control over your dream and basically means you can do as you please.

I've trained myself over the last 20 years or so to know when I'm in a dream. There are little things you can check. The hardest part is staying asleep once you've realized your dreaming.

Check fossets and light switches. They don't work when you are dreaming. Best way to figure it out.

You can also try turning on various appliances or trying to turn off ones that are already on, that usually doesn't work as well.

All in all, it's a very cool experience if you can train yourself properly. Keep a dream journal and write in it everyday when you wake up (when the dreams are fresh) and eventually you can return to any past dream.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Check fossets and light switches. They don't work when you are dreaming. Best way to figure it out.
~Tenth

I don't know where this comes from, but the faucets in my dreams have typically worked fine, I don't have any light switch interactions that I can recall so I can't speak to them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think Leonardo DiCaprio may have planted an idea inside your subconscious

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If you can look at your hands it is said that provides a link to the real you while you are dreaming. Then hold your hands up in front of you and look past them to other stuff. Makes sense, provides an anchor to you, if it becomes blurry refocus on your hands. Not saying this is something I practice a lot or even know much about. People who can do this make me jealous. Unless I am being led, I self guide my own dreams. If things get to hairy I pull the rip cord.

LUCID

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi IKnowStuff

Thanks for sharing your dream: I certainly enjoyed reading. I am curious as to the extent of your shaking. Shaking as in jerking ? Was your whole body shaking or just certain limbs or parts? Were you shaking because of feeling zapping electrical currents? Could you have had a seizure by chance? And lastly, sorry so long -winded...What actually happens if an epileptic is sleeping and has a seizure during the dream state? Can dreams be even more affected? This thread got me thinking even further and made me curious. Epilepsy run in the fam? Asking this due to the shaking statement that was made.. .

I think it is cool - to have control of your dreams. LOL,I can imagine your wanting to ''get'' your gf for waking you during this special event.

Enjoy your sense of humor also, I might add. BTW, have you noticed after having dreams such as these, that you feel a bit more empowered ? energized or motivated? They seem to affect me somehow lol Anyway, just curious and thought I would mention it.

SnF !
edit on 16-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
lucid dreaming question - can you gain any real life skill while lucid dreaming since it is so real?. For example, if you lucid dreamed and continued to play hockey all night, would it increase your skill and ability for next time you played in the physical world?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Whoa!!!!!

It was my first time being awake in a dream, has it happened to you before?

If it happens to me again and I see someone else flying around Ill fly over and say hi

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Yes.. what Enumbra said. Welcome to Lucid dreaming. It's better than drugs, sex and rock n roll all tied up in a train wreck.

Now...can you do it again and at will? When that answer is Yes, you'll find a whole new dimension to life that precious few stop long enough to even notice exists. I'm so happy for you!

Can you do it at will?

Teach me teach me!!!!!!!!!

It was an awesome feeling and I wanna do it again

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I have lucid dreams alot in the mornings, only problem with it is if i go back to sleep without moving i will have crazy dreams i wish i never had.

Same here but it only ever lasts for barely a second then I wake up

This time it was different, I was even expecting to wake up when I realised and I was a bit stunned when I didnt

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats
lucid dreaming question - can you gain any real life skill while lucid dreaming since it is so real?. For example, if you lucid dreamed and continued to play hockey all night, would it increase your skill and ability for next time you played in the physical world?

thaaat... is a good question

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

So how should I meditate? anything special or just relax?

Do you know your dreaming in every dream or just some?
Can you decide before you sleep your going to do it or does it just happen?

I guess in dream time it was about 10 min, not sure how long real time but I woke up wide awake which is unusual for me as I am not a morning person LOL

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Weird!!!!!
Im not sure how I realised it was a dream, its not like anything strange happened I was just walking on a roof (OK now I say it like that I guess it was a bit weird LOL)

When my brain cleared I knew it was a dream because everything was fuzzy, once I realised that it cleared up.
Is having the dream journal part of the training or is it an added extra?

What are your tips to be able to get back to that state?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've never had any issue with light switches in lucid dreams, well, not if I expect something to happen. It either happens or something else happens, the light switch can be what triggers something like the space shuttle falling back to earth right on top of where I'm standing and in slow motion I see this huge craft plummeting down, no where to run, its too big, can't hide..

Or the room lights up..

Ahh lucid dreams rock tho. even if they're the ones where you know it's all false, but you're packing bricks in your dacks quicker than you can wonder if it's possible as an adult to wet the bed. lol

(read: so far so good, it's not!!! haha)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Hey there,

No history of epilepsy in the fam and I have never had a fit so Im pretty sure Im not epileptic.

This is the first time Ive ever known I was dreaming other than just before I wake up and today I mainly felt annoyed that the GF woke me LOL.
I also thought as I lay there after being woken why I wasted it on flying, why didnt I try go back in time or visit area 51 or something LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

One trick I learned many years ago is to constantly test yourself. Get used to stopping mid whatever you're doing and consider "Am I dreaming?" even if you know fully well you're wide awake. Get used to it, and you'll end up catching yourself in a dream. And then Don't get excited. Try to spin around on the spot for a moment, usually for me, the "HURRAH!" wakes me up completely and I've lost the lucid dream state.

And if you're lucky enough to find yourself lucid dreaming in an old work place or something.... Boy it's fun to break everything and throw monitors at managers... hahaha

Take that you scoundrels!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join