It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How might I learn to use psychic abilities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have seen all these claims about clairvoyance, precognition, etc. However, I haven't seen anything written about how to harness any of these abilities. I have no particular goal in mind, but I just want to know if there is some way to learn this stuff. As one who hasn't experienced any of this, how might directly perceive that such is possible. Any tips, or references to howto guides would be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by crontab]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Try the Silva Method course. There are courses given in lots of countries in the world. Search it on google.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Visit a good bookshop with an "esoteric" section. You will find loads of choices. Follow your heart when you decide which books to include in your path.

Always follow your heart. This is part of the answer to your question.

--libertad

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Also take a peek at this.

paranormal.about.com...

Gives you some Exercises that may help you develop and understand ect.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I tried the esoteric section at both the bookstore and I looked at the library. I found a lot of crap. By which I mean, they use undefined or vague terms to the point in such a way so that they are utterly devoid of meaning. I suppose that may be the point, but it just seems like crap to me. On the internet, all the sites seem to say that if you relax and focus, you will gain psychic abilities. While I appreciate doing those things, they seem insufficient by themselves.

All the "spiritual" books seemed to be filled with lots of crap, and oftentimes sectarian dogma. The more scientific investigations seem to care less how one might become psychic, and just say things like: we found that some people are psychic. I'll look at Silva, but I'm not so sure.

Maybe, the problem is that no one truly understands psychic phenomenom in a way that can be explained. Maybe, it can't be explained, but I somehow doubt that.

I suppose I could try on of these courses, but most just sound like a bunch of crap, by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. How in the world can I possibly find a good one?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
When developing your abilities, you just sorta have to let them come to you. Chances are that if you ahve to work on them through exercises that they arn't powerful enough to want to harness, anyway. Just flow with it all.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
. . .for saying that the emperor has no clothes. Most of the New Wage and spuriotuality sections of your bookstore are there to sell you books, not to help you out in any way.

Do I have psychic powers? Yes.

What books did I read? A jillion. Which ones are the "truest"

"The Occult" by Colin Wilson

"Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Neel

Both of those books are over 40 years old, but will help you more than a shelf of "Kelt-heart Silver Bear's book of UFO magic" ever will.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have been invloved with many paranormal experiences for most of my life. My suggestion to you is that you use Meditation as your base.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
www.spiritual-encounters.com...

You could have a look at this site.
They seem to hold meetings online or something like that, so maybe
you can get the help you need there.

Also maybe you could contact somone in your area that is into that
kind of thing, and ask for their advice.
Good Luck

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Get a needle, stick in something like a gum earaser for stability then on that needle place a piece of paper folded so that it forms a kind of equal sided pyramid, the center of the top of it, balance on the needle so that all sides are evenly displaced. If you do it right, you should now be able to turn that piece of paper clockwise or counter clockwise at will. That same power that give youthe ability to turn that piece of paper is the same power you should try projecting on others. I wish I could draw you a diagram of the piece of paper, but it is called a 'mind machine' and you can propbably find something about it on the net. It works, and scientists have yet to explain why.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Twitchy's device was first mentioned in Colin Wilson's work "The Occult," which gives instructions for making one.

Thanks for reminding me, Twitchy. That brings back some memories.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It may have been Uri Geller (sp?) but there was a guy in russia who could turn a great number of them in alternating direction while they were under a glass dome. It's really kind of creepy but once you get used to doing it, learn to change it's direction, etc. you can literally 'feel' the resistance of the paper. It also works well with an aluminum propeller bevice but you have to have them made and the center point where the tip of the needle goes has a smal concave 'punched' area to reduce friction. I actually found a web site once that had some measurements of the force required to turn one, I can't find it now though and wish I had saved it, I can't remeber if it was measured in ergs or newtons or watts, but I remeber being suprised. Also the ability to turn it seemed to have some correlation to being able to control the natural electromagnetic field created by your body.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's more on the Silva Method.

And furthermore, here's another website with products that can improve your psychic ability.

www.xtrememind.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh...I've heard them called Psi Wheels. Gods, I HATE those things! I can't move one for the life of me! I try and I try...and I think I've been trying in vain. Maybe my brother's right. Maybe you DO have to be born with psychic abilities to have them...but then, maybe it's just because I never have the time or the concentration to meditate. I haven't been professionally diagnosed for ADD, but I personally have diagnosed myself with it.

In any case, I never have been, and probably never will be, able to use any psychic abilities (intentionally). As a matter of fact, I'll bet all that stuff about me seeing with my eyes closed was just dreaming.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I too, have been surrounded by Psychic and psionic experiences for a lot of my life, not so much magic based, although I have nothing against it.

I found www.psipog.net to be really helpful for my psionic abilities, whether it's about learning the ability, learning to control it (which is why I went there, I lost control of my empathy.. not a fun experience...) or enhancing it further.

Although the person who said to have meditation as the base of psionics is absolutely right, meditation helps a lot when it comes to this sort of stuff.

And speaking of Psi wheels, can someone point me in the direction to a site where i can make them please

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Also the ability to turn it seemed to have some correlation to being able to control the natural electromagnetic field created by your body.

I have read into witchcraft and magic etc and I beleive alot of it has to do with natural electomagnetic fields that runs through the body constantly as Twitchy stated.
Like when if someone you cant see is staring at you from behind and you can feel it because energy is being focused on you, and if you are sensitive enough then your body is able to pick it up whereby you will turn around tell the surprised creep on the subway to stop staring at you.

Earth is full of energies and it is well documented and used in varied cultures and I beleive being psychic has to do with how able you are to tune in to these Earth energies...Well thats my opinion anyway

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I know that when creating psi-balls, I have to use the earth like a conductor, otherwise there's too much of an overload that the body can't handle all that well... is that what you mean by psychic being able to tune the earth's energies?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
No, i meant to tune in...to Earths energies.

I didnt get much into actual manifestations like what you say about creating psi-balls, but i mean just being able to listen and learn how to use what comes naturally.

Some people are more in tune than others, which would give a natural power. Others, might have to train or focus on being more receptive to the energies.

Like with everything in life, some people just seem naturally good at things than others. Take skateboarding for example...Not everyone can skate. Some people are naturals, others have to learn...

But if you want to learn you can. If you are not born with it then it may take a little longer to get to the same level as everyone else but you can if you try and practice.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hm.. well, I'm a natural Empath, and I've had a few freaky experiences with precognition, or preditcion lately. Whether or not they're real, only time and training will tell. I never really thought of myself in tune with the earth energy, I've only learnt about these energies recently, and I've been an empath for a while.

Sorry, I have a few experiences. and a site that I keep telling people to check out, but I'm not that great with the theory

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ive always been interested in the subject. If you think about it for a second it starts to make sense.

For example, look at chinese cultures (& Japanese, Thai etc. before i get corrected) and see the similarities that exist on different platforms like Feng Sheui, (Spelling) reflexology, fighting styles like Tai Chi or healing energies. Ive seen people on tv who run around the world with two L-Shaped coat hangar type things that follow Earths energies and they have even documented it and drawn energy maps.

I just feel some sort of connection between the two.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Zenem]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join