It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ Church Now Owned by the Illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As most of us know, last year there was an earthquake in Christ Church, New Zealand. The earthquake severely damaged the Cathedral there and it will need to be rebuilt. In the meantime, they are going to put up a cardboard church that is meant to last ten years. You want to see a picture of it?

What do you think, looks like pyramids inside pyramids to me. Most cathedrals and many churches were originally designed in the form of a cross if you were looking down from above, this one is a pyramid. I don't know, somehow it just seems wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The design is an AFrame. tri-angles are very strong, structurally speaking.

www.globalnews.ca...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thats a nice church.... y does it have to be owned by the "illuminati"? Im sure if you email the church they can explain what it all means
edit on 16-4-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Illuminati was a joke; but, don't you find the design interesting. There are all these people on ATS constantly pointing out pyramids in architecture such as at the Louvre. This one is being used to substitute for a cathedral.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wait... A cardboard church looks like that??

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by dayve

Illuminati was a joke; but, don't you find the design interesting. There are all these people on ATS constantly pointing out pyramids in architecture such as at the Louvre. This one is being used to substitute for a cathedral.

It is though, now i wanna know why they made it outta cardboard. Either way its pretty eye catching, i would walk into it regardless if i wanted to go to church or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You have never seen an a-frame cathedral???

seriously???

i'm confused, thats a fairly common basic design...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Dear baphomet420,

I didn't ask about the A-rame, I asked about all of the pyramids. I know you could see them in the windows. A geodesic dome would provide the same strength if not more; but, it would look like a dome. I find it more interesting that a site that is pointing out every image of a single eye or a pyramid didn't find it interesting that this is replacing a cathedral in Christ Church, New Zealand.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
for god's sake, just because we found the cheapest and most structually sound design for a temporary replacement catherdral is a series of triangle beams, you think it's controlled by some long dead bavarian society?

get a grip..

oh, and it's Christchurch, one word.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Dear mzungu,

Get a sense of humor. Did you not read the whole thread?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

sorry, i'm just a bit touchy about my poor half destroyed city being used as the butt of some pointless and unnecessary bad joke that isn't even a very good one.
edit on 3/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Dear mzungu,

It was not really about your town and I am sorry for the terrible earthquake that the town did endure. People on this site do make a big deal about every pyramid they see and that is what I was attempting to make fun of. The original cathedral was very beautiful and world famous and it is good to know that they intend to rebuild. I am sorry if you found what I posted to be a sore subject. Peace.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As most of us know, last year there was an earthquake in Christ Church, New Zealand. The earthquake severely damaged the Cathedral there and it will
need to be rebuilt. In the meantime, they are going to put up a cardboard church that is meant to last ten years. You want to see a picture of it?

new topics

top topics

join