It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap music,Thug life and the american culture is whats wrong with this country!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

If you knew anything about the History of Hip Hop you would know that this has nothing to do with cultural Marxism.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

If you knew anything about the History of Hip Hop you would know that this has nothing to do with cultural Marxism.

Think again!

books.google.co.uk... M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=NjqNT93BEIaW0QXfxeiLDQ&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=hip%20hop%2Bcultural%20marxism&f=false

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

So because a book says it, it must be true.

I don't need to think again or read a link. It's about knowledge of how things like culture and music evolve. I agree that the negative Rap is pushed by the largest Record companies, but who do you think owns those companies. It certainly isn't black people. Hip Hop only became about the bling and violence once the Major Record Labels started to exploit the genre.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

What a load of malinformed BS.

Rap is not about selling drugs and being a gangster.

It was abit of a trend in the 90´s. The 90´s were the gangster rap era. It was popular then. But rap is not that by definition.

Todays mainstream rap is about partying, women and money and bling, not about selling drugs and driving around in stolen cars.

It sucks and it is empty, I agree, but get your facts straight.

I don´t know if you realize this, but most mainstream music from all genre is empty crap nowadays.

And rap started as a reflection of the parts of society it came from. You can´t blame people for speaking about their situation and other people listening to it.

Instead of blaming rap for everything you should maybe look at what caused these situations they rap about in the first place.

There is a lot of very intelligent, deep, lyrical poetic rap out there.

I´m sick of people badmouthing rap music when they don´t know a thing about it.

You know what is polluting minds, the fact that people like you just can´t give it a rest with the Zimmerman stuff.

You just had to have him in your avatar to perpetuate that nonsense. It´s easy to see where you stand. you just have to push it in peoples´ faces don´t ya?

look at what has happened to this country since rap music debuted and gave birth to the thug! The American culture today is all about looking like you are cool and having gold teeth and baggie pants.. This is not cool and its only leading to the destruction of this once great nation.

Wow, what a freaking bigot. The living conditions of the minorities that were concentrated in the ghettos is what created the thugs and they happened to develop a music style called rap. The ghettos were setup by design. Blame your government.

Yep, gold teeth and baggy pants are destroying your country. All the clean cut white people can do no wrong. I´m white myself btw.

The white guys in Washington wearing nice suits have nothing to do with the demise of the country, it´s black people on the streets.

Wow, I never seen seen such blatant disguised racism here on ATS. You sir are the worst of the worst.
edit on 17-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Why is that your avatar and why did you open a post like this?

1+1 = 2.

Racists, get out!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Just a correction, the "Gangster Rap" era started Mid 1980s.

Google groups like "Fila Fresh Crew", "Gucci Crew", early NWA and such.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Are you honestly trying to have a discussion with bigots and racists? Their agenda is to tie together everything they deem "anti-white" together with everything their racist parents were against(and their parents' parents and so forth). Communists...Godless...Rap...I think you get the point.

The agenda of this thread is quite clear to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Gangster rap is a weird phenomenon. I always heard rappers of the genre claim they were 'just reiterating what they saw in the hood".

But nearly 100% of the songs and videos glorify the hood. There's really no mistake about it.

If shooting someone for fame or being a gangster is acceptable and you're listening to it daily as a young child, I think a message or lifestyle might be more acceptable to you. When violence or bad behavior is a fashion/trendy, it's just easier to go with I think.

Not blaming rap for it, but I would be interested in a case study.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Correct, but I didn´t claim it didn´t, I just said that the 90´s are known as the gangster rap era, even though the first groups started a few years before it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

Correct, but I didn´t claim it didn´t, I just said that the 90´s are known as the gangster rap era, even though the first groups started a few years before it.

Oh ok

Yeah the whole 90s was a trip because it saw the BOOM of "Mafioso" rap and "Hardcore East Coast" Rap. And a lot of people called that "Gangster Rap".

Wu Tang, Black Moon, GANG STARR, etc.

To me "Gangster Rap" was a West Coast kind of deal, so people have different perspectives.

edit on 17-4-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That is true, but it is glorified in the hoods themselves too amongst the young men.

If they want to survive they have to be though about it, they can´t be rapping last night they shot at me and now I´m in my bed crying in a fetal position.

But jeah, it is a vicious cirkel. The leaders also have an interest in perpetuating the violence, to keep their power over the hoods.

Jeah, I know what you mean, I guess most people consider every black rapper with ghetto swag, gangsterrap.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So lets ban metal music because military plays the song for "moral boost" (yeah right...) "let the bodies hit the floor" by drowning pool while they slaughter and blow sh#t up everywhere?

lets ban korean movies because they inspire young people to go out and kill others

lets ban videogames because some kid died because of call of duty???

what about all those nazi bands? should we ban it too?...heck lets just ban music in general by the way...or maybe the internet because in just a few clicks i get bombarded with violent propaganda.or maybe we just should ban life itself...

edit on 17-4-2012 by baraka because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What's the difference between Gangsta rap and violent movies?

Nothing.

Except gangsta rap is written by black dudes.

Violent movie scripts are written by Tarintino and Spielberg and Kubrick and so on and so on.

Oh it's ok when it comes from respected artist.

Your argument is worth nothing.

You are the one that is brainwashed.

I can feel your hate right through my smart phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

Jeah but that´s not a problem, cause they are white.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Nothing.

Violent movie scripts are written by Tarintino and Spielberg and Kubrick and so on and so on.

Say this to yourself.

"Violent Movie Culture" vs. "Hip Hop Culture"

One of these really exists, the other doesn't.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Nothing.

Say this to yourself.

"Violent Movie Culture" vs. "Hip Hop Culture"

One of these really exists, the other doesn't.

Just throwing it out there.

They are called Horror Fans.

They have conventions every weekend.

Go look it up if you don't believe me.

This is a fact.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

"Hip Hop Culture"

Hip hop is a form of musical expression and artistic subculture that originated in African-American and Hispanic-American communities during the 1970s in New York City, specifically within the Bronx.[1][2][3] DJ Afrika Bambaataa outlined the four pillars of hip hop culture: MCing, DJing, B-boying and graffiti writing.[4][5][6][7][8]

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

They are called Horror Fans.

They have conventions every weekend.

Go look it up if you don't believe me.

This is a fact.

LOL

Okay. I'm gonna go hang out in the hood and see how many horror fan gangs I can find.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

If shooting someone for fame or being a gangster is acceptable and you're listening to it daily as a young child, I think a message or lifestyle might be more acceptable to you.

Here's a little something that sheltered people(read: ignorant folk) never figure out:

They didn't ask for that kind of life. It was all around them. Not everyone is a superhero to break free of the bonds reality puts on them. Most succumb to the life because it's the only real avenue for them. Outside of that life, who will appreciate and respect them? Ever taken a look at the amount of discrimination people from poor neighborhoods face? This is what they call a viscous cycle. You think you are so much different from them? I don't think so.

As bad and harsh the street life is, you can come out of it alive and well, only sheltered people can't even begin to grasp what a struggle it is.

Besides, what about the thousands of movies that glorify violence? Is it okay if the violence in movies is perpetrated by the US army or white folk out for revenge? And what kind of lifestyle does that promote? All those hollywood movies that trick kids into joining the military? Do you have any idea how much $ is pumped into movies just so it has that effect?

And then you criticize rap music and claim it supports a certain lifestyle. But people like you don't understand music! Music describes a reality. A reality a lot of people find themselves in. It so happens that many white suburban kids want to copy what they hear because, simply put, they have crap parents. Then the parents get mad..."why does my little white angel talk and behave like this?" ...then the parents hear the music, and jump to conclusions. And voilá, your argument is born.

Don't forget that it's you who made money your god. You do everything for money to the point of committing genocides. Then when others copy you, you get mad. Well, enjoy living in a society where money is made god. These are the inevitable costs you pay.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

one thing i learned in ATS my friend is... dont try to educate a user that doesnt want to be educated...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join