It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Debt Clock and the Moneychangers - Jesus Enters the Temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Are the tables of the moneychangers turned over?

Matthew 21

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.

Doves = Peace. Do we see anyone selling peace to the highest bidder these days? They will soon have nowhere to sit and rest.

Is there evidence the Capstone has returned to the temple? The Clock is Ticking

Luke 20:17

Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone'?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Dear EnochWasRight,

What is interesting is that while we were having our "town hall" meetings to discuss the bailouts and the economy, the English were doing something similar. In London, the English had their bankers hold the meetings in the churches.

Bankers and morality: churches turn on the modern moneylenders

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ha! Stealthy

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have a question as the OP mentions and questions Money Changers from the time of Jesus.... What qualifies as a money changer? We have a Church here and ..I'll leave it vague by saying they are a Church with means, to be kind. This church has a big flashy ATM Machine right in the lobby. It isn't in Sanctuary, so they had a little class....but were the Money Changers of Jesus's time actually inside Sanctuary themselves? ..and what is the difference between a Money Changer at a table and an ATM machine when they're both in the Church itself?

Thanks for the patience with my question... It really does strike me as soooo wrong..but I can't articulate in a scriptural way why that would be.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear EnochWasRight,

What is interesting is that while we were having our "town hall" meetings to discuss the bailouts and the economy, the English were doing something similar. In London, the English had their bankers hold the meetings in the churches.

Bankers and morality: churches turn on the modern moneylenders

WOW. That is amazing. I'll need to research that link. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I have a question as the OP mentions and questions Money Changers from the time of Jesus.... What qualifies as a money changer? We have a Church here and ..I'll leave it vague by saying they are a Church with means, to be kind. This church has a big flashy ATM Machine right in the lobby. It isn't in Sanctuary, so they had a little class....but were the Money Changers of Jesus's time actually inside Sanctuary themselves? ..and what is the difference between a Money Changer at a table and an ATM machine when they're both in the Church itself?

Thanks for the patience with my question... It really does strike me as soooo wrong..but I can't articulate in a scriptural way why that would be.

Step back and see the larger issue. Egypt was the place where Pharaoh enslaved the people. What was the progression?

Genesis 47

Joseph and the Famine

13 There was no food, however, in the whole region because the famine was severe; both Egypt and Canaan wasted away because of the famine. 14 Joseph collected all the money that was to be found in Egypt and Canaan in payment for the grain they were buying, and he brought it to Pharaoh’s palace. 15 When the money of the people of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to Joseph and said, “Give us food. Why should we die before your eyes? Our money is all gone.”

16 “Then bring your livestock,” said Joseph. “I will sell you food in exchange for your livestock, since your money is gone.” 17 So they brought their livestock to Joseph, and he gave them food in exchange for their horses, their sheep and goats, their cattle and donkeys. And he brought them through that year with food in exchange for all their livestock.

18 When that year was over, they came to him the following year and said, “We cannot hide from our lord the fact that since our money is gone and our livestock belongs to you, there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies and our land. 19 Why should we perish before your eyes—we and our land as well? Buy us and our land in exchange for food, and we with our land will be in bondage to Pharaoh. Give us seed so that we may live and not die, and that the land may not become desolate.”

20 So Joseph bought all the land in Egypt for Pharaoh. The Egyptians, one and all, sold their fields, because the famine was too severe for them. The land became Pharaoh’s, 21 and Joseph reduced the people to servitude,[c] from one end of Egypt to the other. 22 However, he did not buy the land of the priests, because they received a regular allotment from Pharaoh and had food enough from the allotment Pharaoh gave them. That is why they did not sell their land.

23 Joseph said to the people, “Now that I have bought you and your land today for Pharaoh, here is seed for you so you can plant the ground. 24 But when the crop comes in, give a fifth of it to Pharaoh. The other four-fifths you may keep as seed for the fields and as food for yourselves and your households and your children.”

25 “You have saved our lives,” they said. “May we find favor in the eyes of our lord; we will be in bondage to Pharaoh.”

Be assured, this is coming. First the tax, then the land and possessions and then the slavery. Carbon trading will be the mark of this new system. Carbon units, of course, are people. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons.

The entire story of the Exodus and the bondage in Egypt is a picture of the Earth today. Earth is Egypt. Our Exodus will be the Kingdom of God. Where is the Kingdom?

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the LORD took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Our inheritance is the universe. A new Heaven and a new Earth. Egypt will be the empty tomb. Who is refused baptism into the new land? Remember that baptism is our immersion into the water of reality. Jesus said, You must be born again.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Continued in next post.

edit on 16-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding the point of your post. Are you equating the money changers in the temple with the government, big business, the military, or all?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Pharisees and Sadducees were the "Experts" in the law. The law today is economics and science. The manipulators of the law are easily seen as the leaders and hidden hand behind the world scene. They know who they are. They hate God and stand against Christ. They have been around for a long time. Enoch outlines them as the Watchers who are currently bound. BOOK OF ENOCH I

Read the links in my signature for more.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wjones837

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding the point of your post. Are you equating the money changers in the temple with the government, big business, the military, or all?

If they are "Experts" manipulating law, then yes. There were three groups named by Jesus as "Experts" that he condemned. His message to them was to repent and bear fruit. Bearing fruit is giving rather than taking. Who takes today? The same three groups of "Experts."

Peter (Identified with the Roman Catholic Church and Rome in general). The Moneychangers in the temple. Earth is the temple, as is our body. The symbolism is for the temple of God's kingdom. The third group are the Builders (Masons).

Here is the THREAD on the subject.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Thank you for the lengthy and detailed reply. I wasn't asking a simple question and I appreciate your time in giving more than the obligatory 2 liner reply. Your posts do help put the terms into context of the times and that pretty well covers the sense of confusion I had on it. Funny...how I've asked this a few times and it's on a forum at ATS I finally get a workable, logical answer that doesn't spend 15 minutes trying to sell me theology at the same time.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Thank you for the lengthy and detailed reply. I wasn't asking a simple question and I appreciate your time in giving more than the obligatory 2 liner reply. Your posts do help put the terms into context of the times and that pretty well covers the sense of confusion I had on it. Funny...how I've asked this a few times and it's on a forum at ATS I finally get a workable, logical answer that doesn't spend 15 minutes trying to sell me theology at the same time.

Theology is pride. It's something we hold as property. Pride blinds. Faith reveals itself. That's God's work in us. We only need to believe. The rest is produced for us by Him. Theology is a poor attempt to capture God in a box. Truth is held in symbol and is interconnected by many perspectives and frames of reference. Truth is only seen in proper context with itself.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To make a long story short, I would have to say they are reaping what they have sown (Galatians 6:7-8). The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, and even though I doubt that a large number of government officials/business/military leaders are devoted Christians or Jews, I would say you have made a good point. If they attempt to do good only for profit, then they have not done good at all, and there are consequences to our actions.

new topics

top topics

join