It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Just Wow. Rossi vs Lorenzo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I claim no knowledge of gp racing. This is an incredible video of what many claim to be the best race/last lap ever, or so it seems from the video itself. As a person who rarely sees this, I was on the edge of my seat the whole way. Unbelievable skill and cojones.

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey Droog,I saw both of them at Phillip Island a couple times.

Stoner killed em. Its his home track I guess.

Do you ever watch the Superbikes?

Better racing than MotoGP most of the time.

Do you ride a bike?
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I would love to see them live; I love bikes but rarely watch on the tv. There appear to be several "epic" Stoner vs type vids out there - I'll check more out on him - I know little of the sport at that level other than that those guys are insanely good. On a side note, I always wanted to name my kid Germanicus. No one would mess with that kid on the playground.

CJ

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I would love to see them live; I love bikes but rarely watch on the tv. There appear to be several "epic" Stoner vs type vids out there - I'll check more out on him - I know little of the sport at that level other than that those guys are insanely good. On a side note, I always wanted to name my kid Germanicus. No one would mess with that kid on the playground.

CJ

The floated the name Germanicus Sextus Maximus to this chick Im seeing right now as a potentail baby name for our potentail kid (:

And yeah,there is an epic battle between Rossi and Stoner that comes to mind. Also a 300km pass that Stoner pulled on Lorenzo.

Glad to see a bike fan here. Or semi-bike fan

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The greatest race ever: I saw on tv many years ago, over ten, had me jumping up and down, was just so incredible.
At Laguna Seca Raceway a pass was made going down the hill in the cork screw, lead rider on the painted white line was overtaken by rider riding the edge of the exposed pavement, 2" inch lip, on the inside! But just to prove it wasn't a fluke or luck about 5 laps later he did it a second time, I went nuts! Don't remember who it was or the year, but when ever I hear greatest race ever I know I saw it! Imagine one bike on white line being passed by bike on inside on edge of pavement!!! Anyone with more info or video would please me very much. I ride 06 CBR1000.
edit on 16-4-2012 by donlashway because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I have a CBR600. Easier to throw around.

How fast have you taken it?

Go Honda!

Edit-I love that track.The corkscrew is insane.

They say you cant even see where you are going when you hit the corkscrew. Like a rollercoaster. I would love to do a trackday on that track.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

180 mph day I saw my dad for the last time, cancer got him. I was 53 and 265 lbs so it took a bit to get out of the wind, stock bike.
63000 miles now. when asked i say it does whatever you think just have to control what you think. went through 30 pages of yahoo search no luck someday i'll find video... mph... friend at work had busa clocked at 230 mph shop has cbr turbo 250 hp can't even ask how fast drag bike... not my fun i like corners. be safe...

edit on 16-4-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway

180 day I saw my dad for the last time, cancer got him. was 53 and 265 lbs so it took a bit to get out of the wind, stock bike.
63000 miles now. when asked i say it does whatever you think just have to control what you think.

Im sorry to hear that Droog.

My CBR is an 89 Hurricane. I bought it because they are the best bikes to 'streetfighter' if you dont want a GSXR. I removed all the fairing and got some twin headlights on it. Looks a bit like a Speed Triple now. Some mods .

I live in the country. Open roads and not much highway patrol. Most cops have slow wagons and only the Highway Patrol has speed detectors.

I have taken mine to 220km. Its fast up to 180 then you kinda have to wait for it. Need balls to hold there.

I want to buy a Hayabusa so I can break 300km/ph. Imagine that. You can turbo those things too.

Prepare for light speed

I also have a Suzuki Katana. I love Katana's.

top topics

join