It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'll ask it again. When was the last time you did something Forte first time? Too easy is it to fall into the mundane routines of life. Not that repitition is bad, indeed it's the only way to get good at things, to practice. And it's how you form good habits But life should never be mundane and if you can't answer the question then go and do something new, experience life because that's what life's for, to experience. Go be spontaneous. When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Stay profound my friends

edit on 16-4-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
3 days ago i killed a moth in my bathroom on purpose, after that i meditated and asked for him to go to a good place, i felt horrible for taking something life for my own foolish desires :"(.......im sorry moth..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This afternoon I had an appointment with a podiatrist, and had cortisone injected into the joint of my big toe, due to arthritis and a huge bone spur.

First time I have ever had this done. Yes, new stuff is exciting.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The following is probably going to be regarded as jargon or meaningless ramblings... but may resonate with some.

Even in doing to the same tasks, as mundane and trivial as they may seem. They are always to be regarded as new.

If Einstein taught us anything of importance, it would have to be the notion of 'Frame of Reference'. The planet is in constant motion, and nothing is done the exact same way. Some would even suggest that all is fractal in nature. repeating in a self-similarity. But is not to be concluded as a linear repetition.

Everything is new:
Lets say... you tied your shoe.
Then you untie and take off your shoes.
When you do this again, the cause for such tying of the shoe may be the same, but the effect is never the same. There is no way to exactly copy the last knot. Down to the location of each individual thread.

Although the cause may be the same, the effect never is. So therefor, even in the most monotonous of tasks, the action in between cause and effect is never the same, for the effect is never to be duplicated.

It may seem to contradict the notion of 'being the first time'.
But since everything is in motion, you are doing everything for the first time in a new frame of reference. Everything is a first time, just not the first cause.

What did I do new today?
Today was the first time that I toasted a chicken sandwich... and yes, it was delicious.
edit on 16-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The first time I ever had a last time, that was the first time for that, but that - the first last time - was along time ago. Then there was the first time I realized I actually had a first time for a last time, but that was way, way, way, last time. I keep hearing it said that there is a first time for everything, but I'm not sure I have enough time to first time everything. Somethings I am absolutely certain about certain times I do not ever want any first time, and then there are first times I thought I wanted until I got them, only to realize that would be the last time I ever did that. The first time I ever did something I never wanted to do again was pretty long ago too. I'm not so sure exactly when or what was that first time I knew would be the last time, but it was a long time ago...I don't know maybe it was broccoli, or spinach! Probably spinach, but it could've been strained carrots, but it was something like that I'm sure.

You know what? This is the first time I've posted in an internet forum a post all about the first time I posted this kind of thing on an internet forum. As I'm doing this, I got to tell you, this ain't nowhere near like broccoli, spinach or strained carrots were, so maybe this won't be the last time, if you know what I mean. God, I can't remember the last time I did what was right off the bat the last time I did that. Of course, that's a first for me...not being able to remember the last time I had a first time that was also the last time, and to tell you the truth I can't even remember the first time I realized I couldn't remember the first time I had both that and a last time, but I guess, it was some time ago.

Well now, that's a first! I just realized that this is the first time I realized that figuring about how I am going to figure out when the last time I had a first time is kind of getting in the way of me just having a first time, except that, as I pointed out, this thought right here was a first. I guess what I'm saying is that while I don't think this will be the last time I venture into this thread, right now maybe it is best I bid adieu, and find a journey, a voyage, a new first time.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I made my own rotisserie chicken last week for the first time.

Last year I tried a popular internet dating site, (I could get better dates by hanging out at 7-11)

My friends and I had little too much vodka one night last summer and played "Ninja" and TP'd the neighbor's house (neighbor was not humored at all
Lots of other crazy times with the friends....

The year before that I went on a 5 day vacation to Vegas with a man I'd only net twice for about 10 minutes. Had the craziest time of my life! (although I could've used a little therapy when I got back
)

I normally have a very mundane life. But I won't be afraid of a bit of fun if opportunity knocks.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Long story short...today.. I reconnected with my youngest brother who I had lost touch with (I had missed him in my life).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I got my wisdom teeth pulled a few weeks ago, that was new. And in 12 days me and my little brother are going to work in Alaska for the summer, and its his first season, so i get to show him some of the wonders of the last frontier. It's going to be a good time.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Right now ... I'm reading this, your latest new thread.

Actually, and more to the point of the topic, last evening ... it was gorgeous outside. Mid-70s with a nice breeze going.

Jeanie and I went out to pull all the weeds that had grown into the strawberry patch we'd put in last year. 20 some plants, staggered along a 3' X 15' strip.

Despite it taking us about an hour and twenty minutes to accomplish the task, we both agreed on how nice it was ... what with the jovial teasing and overall back and forth banter throughout ... that time spent toiling away together.
... and also our surprise over just how well they had spread out and grown since last year.

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream comes to mind in the next few weeks.

Today. I got a roll of nylon mesh to keep the birds away from our soon to be harvest of fresh strawberry goodness.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

you sir, made me laugh out loud!

oh wait.. that's my first time on ATS i had to LOL.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I made my first Solomon Bar from paracord a few weeks back. And later this week, I'm thinking about making my first paracord belt and watch strap. Oh and I also learned how to give someone fluids anally (which allows you to hydrate yourself with dirty water believe it or not) and Subcutaneously.

Do I know how to party or what? lol

Rev

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I'll ask it again. When was the last time you did something Forte first time? Too easy is it to fall into the mundane routines of life. Not that repitition is bad, indeed it's the only way to get good at things, to practice. And it's how you form good habits But life should never be mundane and if you can't answer the question then go and do something new, experience life because that's what life's for, to experience. Go be spontaneous. When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Stay profound my friends

edit on 16-4-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

I see you've been listening to the new Van Halen album

Stay Frosty

CX

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This morning i played my guitar on a busy station platform whilst waiting for a train, i usualy make my excuses when someone sees me with a guitar and asks me to play, but today i put my stage fright aside and played without a worry. That was my first time ever.

Last night i heard a hurdy gurdy for the first time ever, played by a very talented young lad at an open mic night.

Beautifuly hypnotic sound, i won't forget it in a hurry.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join