It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand up and move forward. Tell me what you are doing to turn the tide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Everyday it seems we hear more and more negative things. I wonder at what point the human race says enough is enough. With so much suffering, inequality, and injustice in the world I feel the need to push back, I am sure I am not alone.

I would like to ask my fellow ATSers what they are doing do make a difference in the world. It's so easy to let the current darkness overshadow the fact that the world is beautiful and most people a good people and care about the planet and each other.

It's time to step up and make a difference. The human race has been held back long enough so push forward with all your might. I look forward to seeing you all on the other side of these dark times my friend,. Some times it's a number of small victories that wins the war and turns the tide. I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I would really like to do more for the homeless and hungry. I see so many different people standing at busy intersections holding a sign that reads, "WILL WORK FOR FOOD". Yes, I give what I can to help, but it hurts so much when I get home and notice all the food I have in my house, and to know that so many are hungry. Friends tell me these "sign-holders" are lazy and are only looking for "beer-money". So why do I feel so much pain?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think because your human. I too used to struggle with giving when I could not be sure if my funds were helping or contributing. Then I considered allot of the homeless sleep out in the weather, on the hard ground, some people treat them like they are sub human. I figure it's none of my business what they spend the money on if I can't give it with out expecting something I shouldn't give. If they do buy booze with it and it makes them happy even for a moment who an I to judge that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think in general a balance between working to change myself as an individual and outward activism is the key to changing the world.

I've taken up meditation some years ago, and I feel as an individual I am no longer adding to the fear and strain of the collective consciousness we all share, being open minded, non judgemental, happy and good, those are the fruits of slowly getting over my big fat ego!

Outwardly, the most powerful tool for change can just be listening, I've worked with the homeless off and on when I have the funds to share, and it's not the sandwiches or blankets handed out that help, rather the offering of your ear to a person in trouble, letting them vent if they choose to is a priceless act we can all bring to our fellow man. Environmentally, observing where I shop, avoiding the big box stores and corporate overlords takes a lot of research and it costs more plain and simple, so finding where to make sacrifices in my life in order to afford the organic or local foods and products is a hard tango to keep up.

Some eco tips I follow
:Avoid paper tower, it cant be recycled
ont buy toilet paper that is made of soft wood trees, this means no soft stuff on the brown eye, but it helps ecosystems in our homeland (since they never replant the good trees they take down, they just put pine trees since its cheaper, an eco system needs variety!)
:Avoid ziplock bags, get some tupperware, it will pay off in the long run
:Avoid meat, there are spiritual reasons and environmental reasons, but go get some sprouting seeds and feel the great power of a green diet, you'll be healthier and the world happier.
: Buy a bike, park that car for now

:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I believe that one of the single biggest things that any of us can do is to practice genuine forgiveness for others on a daily basis. Instead of holding on to hurts, rehashing them, plotting revenge or committing other negative acts, simply let it go -- especially when the person doesn't deserve it. This doesn't guarantee automatic warm, fuzzy feelings toward the individual. In fact, it's natural to continue to feel angry or down for a while even after we've made up our minds to forgive. But the magic that it does accomplish is that it sets the forgiver free. The person is no longer shackled with heavy grudges or ill thoughts to carry around.

Every day, I search my heart for any unforgiveness and make a conscious effort to let it go and to wish the offender well. I've also really worked on being not so easily offended in the first place (yes, that's a choice, too!) I have seen dramatic changes in my life and I can just imagine the change in the world if more people practiced the same simple thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Operating in the presented world does nothing. Unless you can feed over the half the population or have a crap ton of money to put towards formidable causes that won't be derailed by government or agencies beneath them then you're doing nothing but paying taxes and buying cheaply made products that only contributes to the war machine all while killing yourself. You want to turn the real tide? You're going to have to rebel, properly. Preferable in a time where internet/power is down so your cause can't be demeaned by media/government or blogs, videos etc (the crap that directs sheep.) You know with the kony bs how fast lies can spread through the internet.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I try to spread as much news as possible. If msm has an article on
anything from strange sounds in the sky to the federal reserve, I text it.
I say msm because laymen think its credible.I wish things were better.
I really believe most people I meet are decent people reacting to different
Situations.I hope things get better in this world.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

What a great question, in answer to such a profound question;

I can say that I am active in directly questioning everything that I once thought to be truth, my whole life is now dedicated to un-covering corruption, greed and injustice, can you imagine how soul destroying that can feel sometimes, letter after letter to local and central government and letter after letter to our supposed queen, it just p*sses you off sometimes, but here I digress.

So apart from caring for my severely disabled wife, I with my very fibre do everything I can to bring about a true change, a evolution of our species that has long been suppressed by a hand full of controlling elites.

Thank you come again have a nice day, LULZ.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sometimes the stories of good people doing good things get's lost in the shuffle. It's good to hear the personal sacrifices people are making. It renews my faith and helps heal my world weary soul.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is a tough issue. One thread recently on how to reunite Korea www.abovetopsecret.com... just goes to show how easy it is to remain in a state of conflict and argument. It does take a lot of objectivity to just step back from the problems, acknowledge them for what they are and try and find a way through them. Some of these problems are also made tougher and more complex with disinformation going around.

As for what I am doing, trying to remain as objective and respectful as I can. Try and learn about the situation and what is really going on. Try and remain focused on the goal no matter how dark and frustrating it can get at times.

top topics

join