It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just want to know if you truly understand this:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
We are nothing and we are everything.

We are everything and we are nothing.

Yup, that is mankind's misconception. We are SOMETHING, but we are far Far FAR from being everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by ImaFungi

everything could change over night if u and ur jesus are kicked out to heaven of course joining ur god

leave universal intelligence to true superiority that u r not concerned at all from

ur god or ur jesus god is in the sky right?? why dont he create smthg for u there ? like he created u as u say

he hates absolutes, get out oust

and take nature with u since u r discovering ur lovely part in her, now that she got somthg to mean u can always call if u need smthg

merde u should stop meaning everything and everyone, u dont have the least caliber for pretending those means

is it worth me talking to you? can you understand me? why do you assume so much? i dont believe in jesus or god in the sky.... all the things you think about me are inside you, i didnt put them there, you did.... how can i trust you to create an accurate interpretation of what i am and stand for, if its coming from yourself?

so im curious with what you think you know? what i think i know is very simple... i live untill i die and then see what happens when i get there,,,,thats all i believe i can do in this life,,, i have personally gathered much more,, but the base of my existence is work, eat, live, ...... now what are you worried about superior, and gods, and evil?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
We have civilization, art , culture, music , philosophy and have come a really long way or just being here one day.

I know you are an aetheist cause I have seen you around the threads, I used to be like you awhile ago then I stopped and turned around. I didn't ever really go to church and lived without god any god, but ask yourself " how" . Evolution is stupid it's based on the same type of bird that was on two islands with different looking beaks because of the food supply. Everything everywhere came from bacteria , that doesn't make a lot of sense. Look at how advanced we are , do you really think we came from monkeys and left the rest behind?

I'm not discussing evolution or god, Blade. What I'm going for is, how big is our role in everything? You mentioned the dinosaurs; well, they lived 65 million years ago - they didn't need us, did they? Even if we were around back then, one of two things would've happened to the dinosaurs: They would've died out from a meteor, or, our own history proves that we would've eaten ALL of them. We've never been big on protecting the wildlife until we've made them an endangered species. And then we only want to save them for ourselves, not because losing a species upsets the balance of nature.

You wrote: "We have civilization, art , culture, music , philosophy and have come a really long way or just being here one day."

Don't you see that these advancements serve only mankind? What 'civilization' means is we cleared away the forests to build cities. 'Art' is actually the art of taking from nature all that is neccessary to make paints, oils, easels, brushes, chisels, stones, clay... Everything we do is simply take take take. We do things "for the good of mankind' and for the good of nothing else.

So, whether we evolved or were created, it doesn't matter. We are still the self-centered destroyers of worlds. And, I'm not being negative. All one has to do is look at all the destruction we've left in our wake. Concrete cities replace verdant jungles. Highways, streets, hospitals, museums, malls, schools...all good stuff for mankind, but if the earth could talk it would say "'NO!"

God didn't give us dominion over all the animals. We TOOK dominion over all the animals, and we ATE them!

edit on 4/18/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

everything could change over night if u and ur jesus are kicked out to heaven of course joining ur god

leave universal intelligence to true superiority that u r not concerned at all from

ur god or ur jesus god is in the sky right?? why dont he create smthg for u there ? like he created u as u say

he hates absolutes, get out oust

and take nature with u since u r discovering ur lovely part in her, now that she got somthg to mean u can always call if u need smthg

merde u should stop meaning everything and everyone, u dont have the least caliber for pretending those means

is it worth me talking to you? can you understand me? why do you assume so much? i dont believe in jesus or god in the sky.... all the things you think about me are inside you, i didnt put them there, you did.... how can i trust you to create an accurate interpretation of what i am and stand for, if its coming from yourself?

so im curious with what you think you know? what i think i know is very simple... i live untill i die and then see what happens when i get there,,,,thats all i believe i can do in this life,,, i have personally gathered much more,, but the base of my existence is work, eat, live, ...... now what are you worried about superior, and gods, and evil?

Wow, Ima, even I would've left that one alone. lol

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

commenting on a post meaning everything is never about talking to another, obviously it is u that is full of crap, while pretending able to abuse individuality weakness out of others as ur way of living thing

i didnt put anything piece of cheap crap u r, it is obviously u that r meaning urself and only urself, forcing it to b inside another and through to get to ur life as a way of using things to pretend being a human, where did i mention u piece of freaky head, the creation of urself put it in ur # head, the fact that another individual exist doesnt mean that u become existing too and surely never that u can force urself as another to it
individuality is freedom that is why it is individual, there is no self when it is true individual, u r such hypocrit # that all u can mean is about abusing the idea that any human is a tool so that u can use it just to look like making some words from steppin on

when u mean change and creation u obviously mean oness and one reality that is why u talk to another as if it is everything, who cares if u eat or #, u r nothing compared to all others and to everything and even anything
while all ur posts in forum are about god and jesus love, how suddenly now it is nothing but eat n work

so dont b here, go eat n work n live as u say

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Because you lack information and base all you assumptions on the theory of a GOD. What if we all have a soul group of between 10 and 30 people/souls, what if we are born from A source one of many, what if we choose to come to earth with our soul group and experience life and death in a contain environment because we cannot experience such thing at home aka the other side. What if I told you iv seen it? you would not believe it or take any of this information in....an one day will remember you have done this a million times before and maybe even remember this post in your life review, and go doh!

Interesting, Asus. By now this thread has gotten so long that a few topics have melded together (I don't mind this at all). So, in reference to my assumptions on the theory of a god, it's not my point at all.

Let's say there is a god, and he had a hundred pennies. He decided to create the universe and give one penny to everything in existence (just go with it, lol). A penny to mankind, a penny to birds, a penny to the suns, a penny to comets - one penny to everything. Well, somehow mankind convinced itself that we received 99 cents, and this god split that last penny amongst everything else. And that's just wrong.

So, if people want to believe there's a heaven waiting for them, if people want to believe that they have used the power of their minds to travel to other dimensions, hey, fine! But no matter what we do or where we go, we're still just worth a penny like everything else. That's all I'm sayin'.

What if one "thing" dies out like dinosaurs what happened to their penny?. I know for a fact that we are not all equal, the was the scariest part of my experiences. Earth is a very much beginners course in a solid matter existence. You say people might say they have used the power of their minds to travel to other dimension. Not only can I prove this to you I can show you %100 guaranteed way to enter a different dimension. But it is literately beyond comprehension and fries your brain after a while like downloading 1gb into a 1mb hdd.....ahh I must be talking rubbish rite? if you want this info just ask and I will PM you.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I cant believe you are so angry
im simple,, i dont need to be anything,, superior or jesus,,, I have accepted the way things are,,, you can try to insult me with your words but they are evil subjective inferior absolute.... what you say to me doesnt matter,,, whats the difference between you telling me you love me, and telling me everything you said in your last post? its like a dog barking at a monkey,,,, im just eatin a banana, scratching my belly, soakin up the sun.... keep barkin maybe ill throw some poo at ya

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

philosophical thought ive been pondering with a scientific answer im sure;;;;;

how is our day so consistent?

people believe the big bang occured/is occurring, all energy and matter expanding at extreme speeds...

our earth swinging around the sun and rotating each day.... its crazy to me how locked in earth is to the time frame, how it has been the same for thousands and thousands and many more years.. i know a lil about precession and such,, but it is still surprising to me..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Yes but nothing could appear to exist without me!!!!!
(My) being is the prime fact.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

But, without you (whether you were never born or you died) everything else still exists. We are so tiny in this universe that it is (for lack of a better word) insane to think we have any control over anything in this dimension or any other. But, this is exactly what mankind has convinced itself of. And we do it even on a personal level.

For example: John Jones was just promoted to assistant manager. He wears a name tag that also identifies him as Assist. Manager. If any problems arise, John is the go-to guy. The fixer. He worked hard for this promotion. He's proud of himself. He holds his head up, shoulders back, chest out. Well, he did these things until his friends showed up and said, "Dude! You're assistant manager of a freakin' pizza shop, so get over yourself!"
Everything is important to us. We might even be perceived as important to other humans, but we are not important to anything else in whatever state of existence we're in. Especially if that state of existence could still exist without us.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

it is incredible how u insist to live ur fancies in being nothing n clearly meaning using the conception u make of others as less then u for ur life, it doesnt matter what u say u proved how far u never matter

bark urself in ur head piece of #, there is always bigger rats that will eat u in love or free love that will force u to eat their #, while me send u to hell for eternity satan will release all his demons # at ur face while ur jesus will b still there crucified waiting for ur barks to save him

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"Everything is important to us. We might even be perceived as important to other humans, but we are not important to anything else in whatever state of existence we're in"

and what does this matter!?! how are the aliens living their existence in other galaxies effecting us or important to us? how are the insects under your rock outside important to you?

humans are important to themselves, and other humans,,, life is good,,,, you have to accept that the reason humans are not extinct right now is because,,,living as a human is something unique and we can move forward and see what we can see, or everyone can die... but with everyone alive and living we can do infinite things.... you were born without asking, given the gift of individual existence, you could have done whatever you wanted,,, look at how hard nature is,, the natural life to live as an animal, life is a struggle to maintain.... humans have created many realities for themselves, all original and creative and unique,, when you say the few sentences you say about the negative things you are leaving out so much information, i mean i dont know how to explain to you in some sentences human history, and the many impressive accomplishments of man,, you will say; bad bad bad, its all rubbish....... are you impressed at all that a man has built a skyscraper? do you understand the time,effort, skill that went into creating the skyscraper, but its easy to walk past and shrug your shoulders,, eh its nothing....... perhaps this is the same situation with god..... " its just a bunch of rocks and dust,,, i dont see whats so special,, i could have done better" etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

it is incredible how u insist to live ur fancies in being nothing n clearly meaning using the conception u make of others as less then u for ur life, it doesnt matter what u say u proved how far u never matter

bark urself in ur head piece of #, there is always bigger rats that will eat u in love or free love that will force u to eat their #, while me send u to hell for eternity satan will release all his demons # at ur face while ur jesus will b still there crucified waiting for ur barks to save him

i admit,, i dont matter ever.....you dont need to care or think about me.... but to myself i do matter, for i am all i have,, so to me, i matter the most,, the only thing i do is ,matter.... i dont mean to think of others as less, i actually admire most people, i enjoy peoples thoughts and presence and originality and ability to create,, their ability to impress..

why would you send me to hell for eternity? is my crime against you really that bad? i hope there are no big rats in the universe with your temper and tolerance,.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
It's actually....E=MC..Squared

I

LOLOL I was just lazy, and I was sure my meaning would get across. How does one get to know about E=MC without knowing about the squaring. But ya HAD to make me clarify it, didn't ya!

It's your Avatar that made me do it! LOL! I sometimes have to deal with GRUMPY OLD MEN and one look at that Avatar had me laughing! LOL! I am no Spring Chicken but I am not OLD either. When a person like that...who has been doing something a certain way for a LONG TIME...is forced by conditions to have to learn a New Trick...Milk Bones won't even help! LOL!

I don't know you age and I am not directing that at you...BUT...as I said...I once believed EXACTLY as you now do. Then...by condition...in this case observation and outright information...I HAD TO EAT THE MILK BONE!
At that point...I was so amazed that I didn't even mind the taste...but it has changed my perspective on Reality...which was a very Cold Bucket of Water over my head. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

keep creating that u matter for urself piece of freak crap, while u r gonna live it for real eating ur # while bigger rats of ur kind will enjoy #ing on ur universal fanciful face forcing u to eat their # too

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

and then what.... thats it for me? i get to live free, get eaten and then nothing? not so bad....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am sorry I read your original post and then some of page four. I was just trying to say you seemed pessimistic of everything saying how Insignicant we are , and after you start trying to accept there is a god and there is meaning to life you feel better and optimistic. Everything is beaming sunshine and all of a sudden everything makes sense. You can stop and notice a sunset and sit in awe.

I am sorry if I seemed forward, everyday I read about the different aetheists here sometimes fighting with the religious. I tried to see if I could possibly reach you and get you to maybe reconsider your views or look at other peoples I guess. Altered perceptions.

I will agree that humanity is not perfect, but there is also a lot of good people do. Maybe you shouldn't try to be so negative. Nature may work itself out , but it can also be cruel and harsh. People are generally kind and caring to animals and the planet , not vicious and evil.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

soon ur impressed faces about each others # is gonna turn to orgy of eating # while jesus powers over u will be reduced to force u to eat the # on his face thrown personally by satan to lick it, u r really gonna have fun with all universe wait and see god possession of aliens joining u there, im sure u wont b able to hide ur impression of god glorious creations there

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

no yer a stoopid head!

third line
edit on 18-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Each day that gets by i become more confused....Ascencion, Meditation ,Global Conspiracy, Chemtrails, Aliens, Pineal Gland, Hollow Earth, Darpa's AI, Flourite in the water, Parallel Worlds, Vibration Frequencies, Dna Activation and so on. I've read about so much things that i don't know what to believe.I'm shutting down my senses and day to day i seem to be more and more apathic to the world.I think i filled my cup to much, i'm so confused and numb with all this information that really i don't know what to do....Someone care to insight me... Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

As above and so below.

Second.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join