It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just want to know if you truly understand this:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've always loved this quote:

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers.
-Carl Sagan

Yes, we are a small group of (mostly) hairless apes on a little dirtball of a planet circling a tiny star, one of billions. And yet we have lifted our heads up from the mud and and gazed at those stars and learned to ask questions about them - and answer those questions to a great extent. We know what makes up an electron and what metals are at the cores of stars trillions of miles away. We know who our ancestors were, we know how to split atoms and perform advanced calculus.

I'd say we're doing pretty good for a bunch of apes. And if our lives have no meaning to begin with, we are doing a pretty good job of giving them meaning. And that makes me smile.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You defined god, not man. What makes US (mankind) so special? Especially considering that we are thee most destructive force on the planet. How can mankind consider itself 'the chosen one' when all we do is destroy? If a list were to be made of the creatures that are most beneficial to this planet - we wouldn't even be on that list. We are destroyers of nature. Polluters of air and water. We drive animals into extinction. We drink up earth's natural resources with no conisideration for the future. We level forests.

Not only are we not the chosen ones, not only are we insignificant, but we are thee most evil creature on the face of the earth.

A child in a china shop is pretty destructive, yet we value the child over the china. We know a child will take his toys apart, yet we love him and replace his toys when they are broken. God has provided a garden for us to grow. In the process, the soil will be used up and renewed continually. Nothing we can do to this Earth will change its function. We were told to subdue the Earth and name its parts. Naming involves describing and classifying. Along the way, we are given four baptisms. Earth (Agriculture and transmutation of matter), Air (Breath / Word / Information), Water (Baptism - immersion into the water of reality / You must be born again) and Fire (Trials). We are told to overcome. The fire leads us to the final baptism of spirit.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We accomplish all three. The only thing we really do in a lifetime is think and move. Everything else is done for us. Have faith and overcome the world through Christ.

John 16:33

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by jiggerj

Ya know, I've always had this question, but never asked: Are we made of light? I don't mean in a metaphysical sense. Our bodies, and the trees and water,,,are they made of light?

Everything is a by-product of fusion/fission;
structure of atom

It was later realized the only thing that can produce gold is a super nova.

I can only represent my thoughts, b/c I don't actually know anything about it really. But yeah, I'd say that we are by-products of light. Or daughters if we use nuclear physics lingo.

Another example of my question is: If energy = mass times the speed of light, wouldn't that also suggest that Mass = energy divided by the speed of light?

I may be mistaking but I think you mean velocity, not speed of light...that would mean that all mass moves at the speed of light? I am only able to answer with vague subjectivity...I don't know.

Thanks for the confusion, I think.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Dimension
is always shaped
by non-dimension

lyricus discourses

may we all recognize the light that guides us home

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It is a terrifying existance to believe you are no more than a tiny speck of insignificance.
But it is not true. Please watch this video to see how important you really are in the grand scheme of things.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

objectively u r nothing, so definitely insignificant and that is obvious

subjectively u can b everything or things reality or a superior point to all reality, or someone that u realize itself alone and enjoy it fully for its relative time possible subjective existence

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Yes but nothing could appear to exist without me!!!!!
(My) being is the prime fact.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
there is no problem at all with that premise as long as it happens in its truth, it would be right true fact

but as long as from up or before there are who act in meaning more the more problems are impossible to deal with

the premise is fine, u cant b objective bc objective exist, then why being objective? if u like objective then like that true objective
if u mean superiority of objective to pretend being alike, so u mean ur superiority then, subjective freedom is all what suit u, u r alone there to suit urself of superiority u need to enjoy urself

if u mean insignificance as negative end, if truth exist then being insignificant is the best constant end
when truth is objective then there cant exist but positive more, no way of meaning the concept even of negative or to get rid of something, when truth exist then any becoming is from more existence facts

the premise is bad only for ur kind bc u mean taking advantages forever and u mean always more then truth
u cant handle to accept truth fact, truth is never more it is simply according and regarding to what absolutely exist, so no more concept

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Yes but nothing could appear to exist without me!!!!!
(My) being is the prime fact.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

then it confirms what i said, u r objectively more insignificant then nothing while subjectively u r superior where there is nothing there but u

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I know i am not insignificant because i know that if i am not seeing then there is nothing seen.
I am the seen and the seer. I am all there is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

stop jumping on ur will by abusing anything, back to the base, what insignificant mean?

insignificant is what cant mean any, cant signify smthg, when u cant signify urself how do u expect that all or else or superiority to u will signify u, when even u to urself is nothing

that is why i mean nothing rights, insignificant is obvious but then it cant become negative, nothing is not negative, doing none is not inferior, when doing all and any is none, in truth conception as being none

why what is insignificant is abused?? bc truth is abused so truth is considered being insignificant

bc there is indivudals monsters that invent how they are more to enjoy themselves

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
young man stop being absurd

u cant claim being significant from being all there is to u, feel ashame of such sentence revealing ur crazy tense will

u cant witness what u r, how much r u?? only one

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I am everything and nothing. What else is there?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You are what you make of yourself. Look back throughout history at those who caused great changes around them. If you want to be insignificant than so be it, it is certainly your right.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

wat changes ??? u r crazy, things are not only always the same but they are worse

u focus on superficial moves to state positive evolution, while any is absolutely only so the positive u see is generating negative freedom to an extreme that cannot stand anymore

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I am everything and nothing. What else is there?

if u r everything and nothing then u r not existing, what else?? absolute superiority and existence freedom and infinite multiple free individual realisations

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

wat changes ??? u r crazy, things are not only always the same but they are worse

u focus on superficial moves to state positive evolution, while any is absolutely only so the positive u see is generating negative freedom to an extreme that cannot stand anymore

So wait, no one has ever made a difference? Even evil ones, the way Hitler operated, changed the world greatly. I didn't know killing millions of people was considered a superficial move.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

so killing make change?? wat is change to u exactly?? do u mean coins?? for who

first, destroying smthg is the opposite to making concept, that is how when u get use to b by using else, u r never
while to make any u should b existing first

second, change is only bc of superiority freedom, at least in concept a free superior stable idea could b the reason of different reality of freedom interactions
killin is the most objective inferior proof, so has nothing to do with superiority at all

i dont say that it is wrong to kill, but it is the last choice and has nothing to do with superiority so never a change

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Will a mortal father who is responsible, claimed he has too many children, and neglect some his children?

Will a mortal leader, given the mandate to rule, make the excuse that he has too many to care for, and reject that mandate?

Ask any doctor if he can ever recreate a human body. As a scientist if he can explain quantuam mechanics and what truly is the Universe.

Never presume that a higher being's power, intellect and might is the same as a mortal. A pet dog may presume itself insignificant, but yet it is fed and treated well daily. And humans are far more valued than pets, with a purpose within the order of the universe.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

so killing make change?? wat is change to u exactly?? do u mean coins?? for who

first, destroying smthg is the opposite to making concept, that is how when u get use to b by using else, u r never
while to make any u should b existing first

second, change is only bc of superiority freedom, at least in concept a free superior stable idea could b the reason of different reality of freedom interactions
killin is the most objective inferior proof, so has nothing to do with superiority at all

i dont say that it is wrong to kill, but it is the last choice and has nothing to do with superiority so never a change

Are you talking about creating something? Yes it is true, you can't create anything that does not already exist in some form. Change is any differentiation from the path already followed. Say today I want to change my hair color, I can do so. Superiority has nothing to do with it. Let's say someone wants to change the planet. A couple nuclear weapons later the world is gone, changed, not how it was a second before the explosion. Life is change, everyday you wake up the world is different than it was while you slept.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join