It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Deception the veil is lifting!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
The predectable debunking is really ruining these forums lately.You see the same pattern,insults and alpha male agression in almost every thread they appear in.Just who do they "work" for?

Regarding the moon cover up mission,its people on forums like this that will continue to expose this barrel of lies,and pull the mask off the manequin of lies.
edit on 16-4-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

Good observation. I honestly think there is a group of people who scan the posts targeting posts just to spew nonsense. They're probably the dorky kids in school who got picked on and they use the blanket of anonymity to act like they have a pair.
Based on the comments I don't believe any of them are "working" unless they're new to the game, the comments are pretty juvenile.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by patmac573
reply to post by JibbyJedi

In your link it says this - "How it works: If you go out on several different nights and look at the Moon, you will always see the same features, at about the same position. It looks as if the Moon doesn't rotate! Ah, but it does"
" AT ABOUT THE SAME POSITION " Which is just what the OP is showing that it does NOT stay in "at about the same position" - it moves a great deal. I too have seen this and pointed it out to friends.

These guys who are determined to prove to you that this isn't happening are relentless every time I try to post anything about this, what does that tell you?
Either they are part of some Moon god cult or just plain stupid.

The moon rotates and appears tilted from time to time. Why it does this is explained in detail many places online. People are also freaking out about the planets Venus and Jupiter, and the star Sirius, calling them UFOs and Nibiru..... are they right too? Or are they paying attention for the 1st time to these objects?

I'm not in a moon cult, if anything I'm very anti-moon. I want it gone asap.

We'd all be better off if it was gone....screw the tides.

First thing in the morning call your doctor and schedule a cat scan.
It might already be too late.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Went outside, and I don't see it. So where did it go?

edit on 17-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by eNumbra

Was I talking to you? No. If I have something to say to someone personally I will say it. Trust me on this. The USMC made this a reality for me.

Apparently the USMC also made you quite delusional and paranoid

Why is it that someone explaining how the moon works to you is "paid disinfo scum"?

I'll tell you what, I NEVER go to the MOD's for clean up or complaint but if this off topic nonsense doesn't stop I'm pushing the foul button.
If you don't have anything constructive to add go to another forum.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

...the comments are pretty juvenile.

Wait, what? The comments that state facts? Or the comments that take random Flickr photos and throw physics out the window?

And seriously? You've resorted to name calling against people who challenge your beliefs? Offer proof instead of empty conjecture, do your own research, and maybe, just maybe, you'll be taken a bit more seriously.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Debunking is what one should expect here on ATS, especially when the claim is simply a set of images and a quote that thousands are reporting it, so it must be true? OP chooses to smear each and everyone who doesn't agree and calls them disinfo-agents or alike.

I'm not saying nothing is wrong, but I have yet to see real evidence supporting OP's claim. For each image an exact location and exact time should be added, only that way the images can be analyzed against what the moon is supposed to do.

For what it's worth, depending on time of month, time of day etc, I've seen the moon in many angles, so I don't think anything is wrong here.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok guys... just as a warning... I am no expert LOL! So calling me names like 'ignorant', 'idiot', or just plane stupid will be useless, for I already accept any criticism that is to follow.

So... The Moon rotates at the same speed as it orbits the earth, so in 27.32 days it takes the moon to go around earth, the moon also completes one full spin around its axis, and this is why we always see the same side of the moon...

Correct, so far?

This would imply that the view of the moon, while it is full, should always be the exact same image unless something has changed... right?

So based on this notion... assuming I'm correct so far, I decided to do a search in regards to images of the full moon. If there is, or has been changes... it should clearly be seen when looking at these images.

2012 Wolfmoon

Supermoon 2010&2011

Fullmoon 1969

Fullmoon 1960

Now... I'm no trained professional... although I do have multiple years experience in the field of printing and photography LOL, still no professional!

But... I don't see any discrepancies as to the face of the moon in regards to its face over the years. I'm kinda at a loss as to what is truly in question here, but I hope that these images 'clear the air' and 'shed some light' so that a 'clear picture' may be made. such as the images I presented... weak attempt at a pun intended

BTW: The 1969 and 1960 images appear to be the same photograph, one was from NASA clearly labeled 1969, and the other was from another source with claims of being 1960, although this appears to most likely not be the case...
edit on 17-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Went outside, and I don't see it. So where did it go?

edit on 17-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

To the bar

Lol your post about the moon looking drunk made my night
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Anyway, that's my answer to those who don't understand the mechanics of the Earth, Sun, Moon interaction. You can find reasonably cheap orreries on ebay; or you can build your own. I guarantee that within 1 minute of spinning the thing up you'll go "Ah! Aha!"

And also, get a planisphere.

This simple device is enough to describe the rotations of things in the sky as they turn 360 degrees during a day, and 360 degrees through the course of a year.
Not bad for a simple bit of cardboard in a cardboard sleeve.

And it also occurred to me that the photos the OP posted only show the moon rotating about a maximum of almost 180 degrees. More rotation occurs, but it is hidden by the earth, as it happens at a time after the moon has set.
If the OP had miraculous x-ray vision and could see through the earth, he would be astounded to see the moon rotate a full 360 degrees in 24 hours. Every 24 hours.

edit on 17-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I hope you are just trying to help here because if you're trying to debunk it by saying "the photos the OP posted only show the Moon rotating...180 degrees" it isn't helping you.
If you lay the photo I posted on a table and place the picture you just posted next to it you will see what is called a "preponderance of evidence".

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

OP, I suddenly saw the point you are making and I believe I have a solution. If you will take the .gif file on page 4 and play it in a media player that allows you to freeze frames you'll see what I'm saying. (I use GOM Player or Media Player Classic.)

The sequence of pictures you have make it look like there isn't enough "rotation" to the moon. The same features seem to stick too close to the terminator (where light meets dark). But your eye is being tricked!

Please run the animation one frame at a time and compare it to the pictures, you'll see that they match up perfectly. Check it out! It's just a trick of the eye....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by Hawking

seriously.

On topic: I am taking astronomy, and the moon was the beginning chapter and it emphasizes perception from Earth.. I have no idea what the point of this OP is. Nothing is 'wrong' with the moon imo.. well, besides the bases and structures on the moon

edit on 16-4-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

When you get to chapter two or three pay attention because they will explain how the same side of the Moon is always visible and how it moves SLIGHTLY during the month because of libration. They might also cover how your location on Earth determines how the Moon looks and how those in the Northern hemisphere should not see the Moon lit from the bottom ten months out of the year. Bring a hi lighter so we don't have to go over this again in two months.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

...the comments are pretty juvenile.

Wait, what? The comments that state facts? Or the comments that take random Flickr photos and throw physics out the window?

And seriously? You've resorted to name calling against people who challenge your beliefs? Offer proof instead of empty conjecture, do your own research, and maybe, just maybe, you'll be taken a bit more seriously.

Clearly you aren't able to understand what is being discussed here so perhaps a different forum might be a better choice for you. The photo set is far from random as was explained already, either you didn't care enough to read it or you are just scanning the thread for points to argue about.
I have tried to avoid rolling around in the mud with some of the members who are clearly trying to push my buttons but turning the other cheek is something I have always had a problem with.
As for offering proof and doing research those bases are already covered. I honestly don't care what you think or if you take my thread "seriously" so you can drop that kind of rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

[q

Your post........WHAT IT MEANS............NOTHING.
As usual we have someone reaching for straws all the while ignoring the overwhelming evidence contained in the image from my opening post. There is something wrong, open your eyes and deal with it.
If you don't agree move on and discuss a topic you are more familiar with.

I'm not sure what reality it is you live in; but I hope it's a good one.

Enjoy your thread, forbid any and all discussion of the topic and may it fill with pats on the back and rosy-comment filled ecstasy. Because it certainly won't be filled with facts.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by eNumbra

Was I talking to you? No. If I have something to say to someone personally I will say it. Trust me on this. The USMC made this a reality for me.

You called those who were "online explaining it away paid disinfo trash"

I gave an explanation so... yes. Unless you were being passive aggressive, which I was unaware the USMC taught.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The "horned" moon you talk about--presumably the same as being "lit from the bottom" is the "winter" moon. It's that way because of the tilt of the Earth in winter. I think many more people would have noticed if it were that way 10 months out of the year. That doesn't seem right by any stretch.

It would be very helpful if we had captions--at least the dates of the photos. It would allow us to back through Stellarium from the point of view of Dublin for those dates and see if there actually IS anything funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I hope you are just trying to help here because if you're trying to debunk it by saying "the photos the OP posted only show the Moon rotating...180 degrees" it isn't helping you.

No, it isnt helping you because you still arent understanding the fundamental issue.
In 12 hours the earth rotates 180 degrees.
In those 12 hours, your head is now pointing 180 degrees in space in a different direction.
In those 12 hours, your view of ANYTHING in space is rotated 180 degrees.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
The "horned" moon you talk about--presumably the same as being "lit from the bottom" is the "winter" moon. It's that way because of the tilt of the Earth in winter.

The "horned moon", lit from the bottom, will occur any time there is a crescent moon
- and the sun has just set and the moon is still above the horizon (few days after new moon)
- the moon has just risen and the sun has not risen yet (few days before new moon)
Every month.

The only difference is the degree to which the "horns" are vertical and the lit part is directly below.
As you say, some times of the year are better than others, but it does occur all year round.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think the moon is probably doing OK. I haven't flown off the surface of the earth or had a tidal wave hit my home in the midwest anytime lately.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecpic
On this page you can view most of the photo-set in chronological order from October 7 2011 to January 27 2012. The photos are sequential (at least according to how they are labelled) with weekly gaps throughout.

Some photos are clearly taken with the camera rotated at different angles and at different times of day. If you were to adjust for the camera rotation, there would really be nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can tell...with the exception of the alien moon base on the 5th photo in the 2nd to last row.

edit on 16-4-2012 by ecpic because: (no reason given)

"Some photos are clearly taken with the camera rotated at different angles and at different times of day"
What in the world makes you think you're qualified to make that statement? Just go to another thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

First thing in the morning call your doctor and schedule a cat scan. It might already be too late.

It's way too late for me friend. Go through my post archive, I may need Judge Rotenberg treatments.

Going by my post vs star/flag counts, I'd say there's quite a few ATS'ers that are in need of the same electro shock therapy. What is wrong with all of us that isn't affecting you at all?

edit on 17-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join