It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheism is wrong and immoral!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

If it wasn't for all the people who tried to save me when I was an atheist,
I'd probably still be an atheist,
People need to hear the message,
Nobody would know the Gospel if nobody preached the Gospel

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So your saying god would turn his back on good people who have never heard the word if god? This sounds like the actions of a man not a god. If god would would be so petty why would anyone worship him. This mentality is what has destroyed the culture of countless indigenous peoples around the world. That is my opinion is a sin.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Absolutely not,

God is a fair and righteous Judge,

If a person has never heard the Gospel, they will be judged accordingly, based on their deeds,

God doesn't just take personal beliefs into account, he takes the persons entire life and being into judgement

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So maybe ask people to be good and inspire them to do good deeds. Some times it's not the message but the delivery. Life is beautiful I hope that you are wrong my friend. If you really do think these are the last days, enjoy them, savor them. Heaven may be wonderful but this place aint so bad I would miss it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That's not what we're commanded to do and that isn't the point of what I'm trying to do,
the Law is coded into people, people know right from wrong (the majority anyways, I know there's a small percentage of severely handicapped or severely deluded people who don't know right from wrong, as well as children, etc)

By preaching the Gospel and getting people to accept Jesus Christ, the good works and love will come as a natural fruit of the Spirit.

Works without faith is dead, and faith without works is dead, you really need both, but faith is the most important, righteous deeds and love are natural fruits of faith in Jesus Christ and of the Holy Spirit

Though I do agree, that when possible, doing a good deed for a person or giving a person a positive example of love, charity, or any virtues of faith, is the best way to soften hearts and win people to Christ, but sometimes all we have is our words, such as here on ATS

edit on 4/16/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I could tell like 1/4 way in this guy was pulling our leg... I thought ATS was supposed to have above average intelligence amongst its members.

Oh and thank you for this OP, I found it highly amusing.
Flag for you for helping me pass this night shift

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely...
Hmmm, this could be talking about how christians treat atheists. Look at the OP for example.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

lol
nice troll thread
and that's meant as a compliment

i especially liked how one poster got trolled into showing his nastier side

also have begun to notice a pattern to this verbose plague of locusts
recently converted atheists,

BZZZ-ZZZZZ BZZZZ-ZZBZZ-ZZ

hmmm, keep it up lil punks for jesus
you're gonna catch me on a bad day and i'll teach you to respect the Christ
then there'll be tribulation and gnashing of teeth

for he is not the god of your fathers

lol

F&S

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I usually wouldn't post on a troll thread like this...but the OP's ridiculous rant got to me. WOOOW!! As it always turns out, these Jesus freaks will bash atheism and force their beliefs onto others while no one else really gives a crap. Reminds me of vegetarians who get up in your face for eating a fat juicy burger...@#$% OFF!!
edit on 17-4-2012 by goldcrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

Really? I act morally because that's how I would like to be treated in return. I do not require the holy carrot and stick system that is the concept heaven and hell, to comply with rules of a civilised society. I do it out of sheer altruism. Not because of the fear that my invisible sky daddy will give me an eternal fiery time out when I die.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I'll take that as a compliment from someone whose posts consist of:

1. cutting and pasting quotes from one of the prime examples of circular logic of the last few millennia
2. "I'm saved and you're not. Therefore I'm better than you, na-na na-na boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo"

Your warm and fuzzy blanket of arrogance must be such a comfort to you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

You can critique me but when I critique you I'm arrogant?

Oh, and that warm and fuzzy blanket you speak of? Yeah, He's been called The Comforter.

Selah

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Your "critique" of me has nothing to do with why I called you arrogant. Your posts consist of, "I'm saved and you're not. Therefore I'm better than you, na-na na-na boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo." That's arrogance, and it's a sin in your faith.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

If that's how you see it,

Well then,

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

you guys seroisy havent figured out that this is just a troll thread?

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to spot on the internet, especially considering I've seen posts with almost the same content that were in no way meant to be sarcastic.

Well played friend, I caught it pretty early but it appears others didn't.

Not sure how I feel about troll threads for the sake of trolling though, kind of a waste of time and resources

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Took me another read over of the OP to realize you were trolling,

it sounded legit and you actually made some good points,

You sure you're not a Christian?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think this post says more about the OP than it does about Atheists. Maybe he should ruminate on Matthew 7:2 for a little while. Betcha he won't though....more than likely he has never read the bible..only regurgitates what he has heard in "church".

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

You've been successfully trolled by one of your own Atheist brothers,

Maybe you should reevaluate who's team you want to be on.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this noob is looking for attention from all of us I think. Trying to get a rise out of us, don't get baited into this persons ignorance. NINJA=TROLL, but what do I know, I'm wrong, and immoral.......

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Look at his OP. At the end he added, "You guys seriously haven't figured out this is a troll thread...?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join