It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True or False: If the slaves never fought, they'd still be slaves? If you don't do anything change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Do people not exhibit free will when they decide to commit suicide?

Yes, committing suicide is free-will.

Is the killing in defense of something that you love, done out of protection of self preservation, and the preservation of procreation?

Yes.

Do people not exhibit free will, when they decide to continue acting in a fashion in which they know that it is putting themselves at risk of being killed?

No, I agree with you here. It is indeed free-will if they know it will lead to them being killed and they keep doing it.

If someone acknowledges that their free will is conducive towards opposing forces that inevitably will be the source of their demise, is that not in accordance with their will... especially when confronted with any notion of martyrdom?

No, it definitely is free-will I agree with you there.

and now rethink your stance. Did it change? If not, why?

No, it didn't change and here's why.

If a person commits suicide, they are doing it by their own free-will to their own body.

If you are killing in self-defense, then it is you versus them, one of you will die and you both KNOW what will happen and what circumstance you are agreeing to.

If a person is choosing to take an action which they KNOW will lead to their demise, then it is still free-will because they chose it.

But, if your WILL is to jump off of a building and fly and you don't know that gravity exists, you don't have the free-WILL to do that. You will fall and die against your will even though your intention was to fly.

Your free will isn't restricted by ignorance. You do have the free-will to pursue anything, it's the PURSUIT PART that requires wisdom in order for actions to be conducive towards a desired outcome.

To fall is just an effect, the cause was still freewill.

So... you agreed with everything, but yet didn't change your stance. In defense of your stance, you presented a false reasoning as to defending your position. Come on over, Jedi's don't bite... well Yoda may... we can never understand that bastard anyway.

'How ignorant may be your will, as you're still free to be you'
wow, that was a joke... but makes perfect sense lol.

edit: ummm... why is my reply inside the quote box, there isn't even a

at the end of it... lol
edit on 16-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The fact still remains. If my will is to fly by waving my arms around. I can't do it.

If my will is to breathe underwater by just breathing with my nose, I can't do it.

If my will is to have all of the money in the world, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Believing that you can do anything will lead to disappointment when things don't go your way in life.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by crankyoldman

"What exactly is "projected"? Other people? The sky? The sun?"

Yes, but your brain does not have the capacity to understand this. Other people react to you based on your inner projection. Ever wonder why one person has a bad experience with Joe and another has a great experience with Joe? The internal projection of energy creates a different interaction, not the other way around. The reality you see is the projection on the movie screen coming from the film in the projector, it is not the film. Ergo, you cannot change the image on the screen, you can change the film that projects to the screen.

"If everything is projected, then how is there freewill? Can't you just change the projection into whatever you want?"

Yes, you can do this, but it does require much more then desire or want. The problem is the brain only projects what he has been programmed to project. The collective human experience projects a "consensus" image which we call earth in 2012, but it is just a projection of the collective will of those beings who choose to play the game of earth - it isn't any more real then your dreams, you just think it is and can be changed in the same way. The difference is the energy you create with is projected through your brain and slowed WAY down, as opposed to the dream you which is projecting quickly and is more fluid and receptive to instant change. Earth is the game of really, really slow projection and a distancing from the free will of self.

"If you are outside and it is about to rain and you have no umbrella, do you have the free-will to not get wet and still be able to travel home?"

Wrong question. You executed your freewill to be out in the rain BEFORE it rained, the rain and you being in it is the result of the free will executed some time before and is a continuation of that choice. Timelines of experience have different "times" to fruition, a life is a long experience which has many, many, mini experiences and some can be changed in the moment - say to take a bite of food or not, and others, like the choice not to eat and stay alive is not subject to change because when you entered the earth plane you chose THEN to die if you don't eat.

"Do you have the free-will for your body to not absorb oxygen and still exist? Free-will for the heart to not beat but still be alive?"

You choose to beat every beat of your heart, the most common way to "die" is to stop the beating and leave the earth. This happens in the background and is not conscious because you'd forget to beat or breath when distracted - but you are choosing (notice your heartbeat and say "I'm choosing to beat this thing in my chest)Each and every single action you take is free will executed, the more self aware you get the more you know this, the more free will you access the more "free" you are to enter other realms of consciousness expression. Not all beings are aware enough to think about the idea of free will, dogs, rocks, and so on, but they may, with enough work, find their way to that point - or not.

"If someone puts a gun to your head and rob you, and say "give me your money or I will kill you" would you consider that free-will even though you had a choice?"

The choice was made BEFORE the gun guy showed up. You choose, sometimes badly, sometimes by being mislead or misguided - it is all part of life, but either way, no matter what happens to you, you are choosing it. There is no chosen, or will choose, only CHOOSING. Spend two weeks saying to yourself "I am choosing xxx" to everything you are doing. I am choosing to drive this car, I am choosing to stop here and park. I am choosing to see myself as fat, or old, or smart. I am choosing to be happy, or be angry - you choose it all, not just some but all. Those choices are projected OUT into reality for you to see, but they all come from within.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

IF we have absolute free-will, can we even do the illogical? Can we do something that doesn't make sense? Do we have the free-will to transform our body into a fish? Or to become do be or have anything we want?

What if two free-wills interfere? What if one is intending something to happen and another is intending the opposite at the exact same time, what happens then?

With absolute free-will there is absolute power, but how can absolute power be stronger than absolute power, What do you think about this?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

"IF we have absolute free-will, can we even do the illogical? Can we do something that doesn't make sense? Do we have the free-will to transform our body into a fish? Or to become do be or have anything we want?"

Logic is simply earth based programming, there is no logic per se, only the way in which someone interprets the paths that have come before. So it is logical to follow the path of the lanes on a highway rather then try and drive on the divider, but the "logic" is only relative to what we do here. You are a fish, you are the stones, you just haven't reached the level of self awareness to know that you, as the creator, are all things, including a fish. One day you will.

"What if two free-wills interfere? What if one is intending something to happen and another is intending the opposite at the exact same time, what happens then?"

It is a good question but one that isn't accurately describing what free will is. If you are interacting with another, both have to agree at some level to have the experience, if both don't agree then nothing happens. You can play a different game where the "opposing" energy is not bound by the rules of a kind of randomness, but those are not as much fun. Would you play a game where you won all the time knowing you'd win? The fun games are games where you play no knowing who will win, with both agreeing to play and try to win. But, sometimes, one will agree to loose to get the feeling of loosing and give the opponent the feeling of winning.

With absolute free-will there is absolute power, but how can absolute power be stronger than absolute power, What do you think about this?

First, one cannot have absolute power over another unless they agree. Second, when one evolves to a certain level, the idea of controlling everyone and everything seems beyond remedial. The desire for control of others or everything is a very, very low evolutionary point not a high one. Those who seek it may appear evolved but I assure you they are not. Say the need to control is kindergarten, by the time you reach a point where you could control a lot of something, say 12th grade, you'd find no interest in it at all. This lack of interest would come as a result of knowing you are the things you seek to control, so why bother, further, the things you seek to control only expand your awareness about yourself; how great is that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join