It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally get to do a mural for myself, and in our own home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not sure how many here know it or have seen my previous work, but I'm an artist when I'm not working for a living. I mostly do either photorealistic pencil portraits or decorative cakes, but occasionally I get the chance to do wall murals. Those are actually my favorite, but because of the expense, I don't get to do these too often...mostly I've done one for each of my friends' kids, and a few paid gigs. (I'm sure they're on an old thread here somewhere)

Finally, my wife and I have our own (owned) place, so we'll get to do some murals together on our own walls. Mostly, we're doing some faux looks, like making the living room walls look like a stone castle, but the one I'm most excited about is our master bedroom.

We're basically doing it to be like an Egyptian tomb, complete with hieroglyphics and figures on the walls, etc. I'm shooting for it to be completed by end of June, but we'll see.

In the guest bedroom, we're doing kind of an Irish castles by the sea type theme, with cliffs, etc.

As we start/finish some of these, I'll be sure to post some pics. Have any of you done wall murals? Would love to see them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh wow sounds really amazing and im such a fan of your work
its something i would love to get in to aswell and was only thinking the other day of trying to start such a project.

Cant wait to see the progress you make!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That sounds very cool.
The closest thing I have done to a wall mural is this 6' X 3' "Poster"
Me and my girlfriend did it together with no idea in mind what it was supposed to be.
It turned out to be about a girl creating music, which created the girl. A musical loop of creation.
There are two songs in the picture. One is a Lincoln park song "Waiting for the End." and one a
Narallis song:

"This is a Revolution,
A mindscape introducsion,
A swimming pool of species,
of the Cosmos of new lights,

Just don't let up,
Just don't let them,
Push your buttons or you'll,
Never hear that frequency switch.

And Fight Fight Fight!!"

I think it's pretty cool, but we are not very skilled haha.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Looking forward to seeing the progress and final results! Have fun.
brice

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I should get the wooly rollers I ordered, early next week, so hoping I can start on the faux stone wall for the living room then.

I'll take some pics of the stages too, in case anyone wants to do something similar. I've picked up some deceptively easy tricks in the few I've done.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join