It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting next year, the Government will no longer send out Social Security checks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Has anyone considered with everything getting paid out electronically, what a "glitch" in the system might do?

Terrorist EMP?

Just a regular blackout from a storm?

Hackers?

Call me old fashioned, or just make me one (
) but I prefer analog over digital sometimes.

An EMP could not take out an entire national or multinational computer database.

True. But it could take out everything in your neighborhood. As well as your account info.

Not unless all my 'account info' is stored on a single server in my neighborhood, which is more than unlikely.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are millions of Americans who can't get a checkings or savings account so what about them?

So people get screwed yet agian.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
There are millions of Americans who can't get a checkings or savings account so what about them?

Why not?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What I would like to know is how is a gubment debit card considered more safe from fraud than a written check?

With the debit card, all you have to do is get the PIN number and you can spend the recipient's money every month without having to steal from their mailbox or present a forged check to a bank teller every month.

If they keep on recharging the debit card every month, it would make stealing people's money or collecting benifits for a dead relative easier than ever. It would be even harder to track who is comitting the fraud because there would be less of a paper trail.

Once someone gets hold of a gubment debit card and the PIN number, they can expect free money until someone figures out they aren't getting their benifits and reports it to the gubment or the gubment figures out the correct recipient has been dead.

edit on 4/16/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

From a variety of reasons from bouncing checks to a low credit score there is a national database that all banks use chex systems and for whatever reason they can't deny anyone a bank account.

Could be anything from bouncing a check to having bad credit to not to "qualify" for overdraft protection then of course there are banking fees associated with their accounts.

The op the Government "saves" money but the banks will be making more money and can hike their rates any given time.

They call that corporate fascism and the of course the Government gets to track what you buy and who from and then there is the patriot act.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Life must be very hard for you.

I'm sorry.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The patriot act dictactes that everyone who opens an accounts gets reported to the Government and have cash daily spending limits

Debit cards are rip offs agian to the banks monthly fees,charge for just opening one and then they have to be renewed every year.

.This disclaimer is on every prepaid card carrier

1 The USA PATRIOT Act is a Federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. You will be asked to provide your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. You may also be asked to provide documentation as proof of identification. Approval of your request for a NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card requires passing our identification verification

that one is from net spend

edit on 16-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Look at all the bank card fraud already. Now you are forced to give even more people/entities your bank card information. The more technological our money becomes, the easier it is to steal and that’s a fact. I think ID theft alone is responsible for over 50 BILLION dollars a year. And it's is all done "electronically".

This is my (partial) response to a similar situation on ATS. It still holds water. More money will be stolen than ever before.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Has anyone considered with everything getting paid out electronically, what a "glitch" in the system might do?

Terrorist EMP?

Just a regular blackout from a storm?

Hackers?

Call me old fashioned, or just make me one (
) but I prefer analog over digital sometimes.

An EMP could not take out an entire national or multinational computer database.

Actually, I think this is their plan... something along the lines of a gigantic electromagnetic hiccup, followed by the Federal Reserve telling the Chinese "oops"...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So people get screwed yet agian.

In those cases what will likely happen is they will be issued a card similar to the SNAP card.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join