It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your earliest memories come from which age? How old were you in the first moments you can remember?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
2 I think, or so family tells me, we were at the airport and I guess Mom was holding me and a well dressed lady stopped to say how darling I was and I stuck my tongue out at her. Mom was purely horrified. Next I wanted candy out of the vending machine but Mom said no and I fussed.
Another memory of about that time was running over to my neighbor friend's house in my diapers(thank goodness neighborhoods were still that safe back then). Also standing at the top of stairs screaming because everyone else got to stay downstairs and watch home movies and I had to stay upstairs. It was so unfair. All at age 2 but not much more.
After that, much later between 4 and 8 it was puppies, climbing the apple tree in the side yard, walking the fence, Halloween parade at school, seeing Swan Lake/Bolshoi Ballet with Rudolf Nureyev at the Muny Opera(at 5 and I remember the pink dress with puffy sleeves and smocked front), we had seats way down at the front and Mom thought I should be walked around but I wanted to see the ballet. Also Sunday school but I wanted to be in the big people's place. Playing under the Dogwood bushes by the fence, wearing my bathrobe to Mom's friends house on Christmas Day and mom making me trade my new Blue Christmas robe for the neighbor's old ratty mustard colored robe because she thought they were less fortunate. (Maybe that's why today I have a terrible dislike for forced redistribution of wealth), Also I have a memory of sitting on Mom's lap in a rocking chair and I was squirmy and wanted down. She told me later she had wanted to remember what it felt like to hold me close, but I was having none of it and was off in my independent spirit.
Oh yes Dad had made up the basement in Hawaiian tikki style and one of my best friends came over to play and we were pretending we were penetrating the Iron Curtain as spies to free the prisoners there(what do you expect from the Man From Uncle generation).

Oh yes at 7 the endless episodes of Kung Fu starring David Carradine

edit on 17-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I remember 1 day when I was 2, my parents playing Rummy with my uncle and aunt. Then a few things at age 6. Before age 6 just that 1 incident.
My son can recall things when he was an infant.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I think my youngest memory was when I was 2-4 still sleeping in a crib. I vaguely remember climbing out of my crib and finding my way to my parents room and climbing into bed with them.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunmetal
My earliest was between 4-6

Setting the closet on fire ...Check
Putting water in my dads brand new car cause he needed gas....Check
First day of school I had no idea how to tie my shoes....

If you're my youngest brother, it was age 6 you set the closet on fire.

We all filled the gas tank with the water hose to be helpful. We loved to play gas station. Aren't kids sweet and thoughtful?

edit on 17/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I remember having trouble riding my trike. So, I must of been 2 or 3. My mother told me that as a child I would talk about how I loved being in her belly and, how it was all warm. Is that even possible, to have memories pre-birth? But now yeah My first mems are probably 2 - 3 years old.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My earliest memory was about 2. I suppose coming from me, some will say the memory figures about right...but I'd say it had more to do with the emotional charge and the fact my Father was recently back from the place. My earliest memory was of the TV images and reports of Saigon falling at the end of the war. Of course...years later I'd learn and understand what all the crazy images and angry people with big red flags on TV meant..but I do recall the images and my parents both in emotional turmoil. It's so odd what we recall and what we don't...? It's never what I'd expect to stick as a memory.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I have intermittent memories from about age 3 on. I got into this conversation with my Mother while in College in the Seventies for a class I was taking.

I remember sticking my finger in a door while it was being closed and having the end of my finger cut off. Then I remember the hospital room and having it sewn back on. I was told I was 3 years old.

I remember hiding under a table at my Sisters Wedding at age 3.

I remember seeing a kid get swarmed by Bee's at age 3. I finally had to let a Bee sting me on purpose at about age ten to get over my fear of Bee's due to that one

I remember having the Chicken Pox at age three and clearly remember looking at my stomach and seeing the little red, and very itchy dots.

There are others, like the first time I stole something and my Mother making me take it back. That one stuck so firmly my head would explode if I ever stole anything. I was 3 and took a magnet the kid next door had. I clearly remember looking up at my Mother with panic while apologizing to the kids mother.
edit on 4/17/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My first memory was around the time I learned to talk, around age 1-2. I vividly remember my mom putting me in a crib and I was desperately trying to tell her how much I loved her but I didn't know how to speak english so she watched me and couldn't understand me but I made a fit about it so she remembered it. About a year or two later I remember talking to her about where she used to take me at my godmothers so she could babysit me and I asked her if she could remember the time I kept trying to tell her something, she did and I told her I was trying to tell her I love her but couldn't voice it. Made her cry. True story.

It's amazing how the human mind works with age.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

I couldn't remember anything else until I died when I was 16 and came back. While i was in-limbo, all my memories came flooding back to me from when I was in my youth to my past life waiting to be born knowing why I was to be born now and why I wanted to be born then along with my purpose.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yep.. I can remember one or two things from being 3 going on 4 and I know that because we moved to a new house and I remember the old house just barely. But I had to be almost 4

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow! What a cool thread.
Like most parents, mine took a lot of pictures and I can remember that time. One of the earliest is my baptism photos. I remember being hungry and sleepy and crying. In all the photos I am crying or looking very upset. I was about a month old or less. I remember a lot from a very young age.

But I have always had a brief memory of being born. It is hard to explain because it is mostly feelings. I remember not liking how bright it was. It hurt too look and very cold. I wanted to be back where I just was and for these awful things to stop.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Pa had Alzheimer's, it's not so much that your brain runs out of memory as the hardware fails.
The read and write of the brain still works, but the places where the memories are stored become degraded and can't function.

What's interesting is they can't 100% diagnose Alzheimer's until after death with an autopsy.
While you are alive they can give you a battery of tests that give you a likely hood of having it.

Once you are dead though they can actually open your brain and see the damaged portions that occur in Alzheimer's patients.
The fact that it has a physical symptom that you can see as well as everything else I saw taking care of Pa and talking to his doctors make me think it's not that we all have only x number of memories and once they are gone we develop a disease.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Between ages 2 and 3,is from where i remember.My earliest memory is of sitting on the lap of my adoptive mother,she was wearing a pink dress with white flowers.There is one other memory that may have come before that,of sitting on a blanket on our neighbour's lawn,on a sunny day,and tumbling over and bumping against their wooden fence- i had that memory,because everyone laughed,and i was laughing with them,it was fun.That would have to mean i was a baby,though,there is a photo of me that day,and i was not even 1 year old.So,i don't know,if thats possible.I do still recall it vividly,the smell of the grass,the sun on my face,the laughter.We did not go there often,my mother disaproved of our neighbours,and only allowed me to start visiting there on my own when i was about 7 years old.So maybe its a fluke,one such early memory.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I don't remember anything before age 5 or 6, but I have a friend who's earliest memory is of being 2 years old and her father using duct tape to put on her diaper.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

There are more mystery's about us human more than we know about the earth.
I just really hope and believe that this is a simulation so I can wake up one day
to see who I actually am because even though living the now is good and enjoying
one's self, one in which my case will develop a curiosity for the previous self.

On a side note perhaps this thread or a similar one can be used to conduct research
upon this, many have had a similar experience as far as this thread goes.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
I'm interested in check how far people can remember their early childhood.

That's because I really can't remember anything that happened to me before I was 4 years old.

It's like if I didn't exist before that age.

People here can remember something prior to the age of 4 years old?

Anyone remember any experience at the age of 2, or at the age of 3?

I really can't remember anything...

I remember pulling on the power cord of a bar heater in the hallway of my grandmothers house. The heater fell forward and was pointing directly at the floor. The green linoleum started to bubble and smoke and I was pre-verbal and so I had to drag my grandmother away from the conversation she was having with a friend at the front door. I saved us from a house fire (that I also nearly caused).

I was one and a bit at the time (just barely walking) and am now mid-fifties but can still remember bits of things. Perhaps because it was something that was occasionally repeated & therefore reinforced.

edit on 17/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I remember my 2nd Christmas and all the presents I got...and I couldn't tell you what I got last year...lol

I was 16 months old at my 2nd Christmas.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i remember being at the hospital lying on a bed and the doctor holding my arm and trying to stretch it, i remember this very vividly, later i i knew from my mom i was 9 months old when i had that surgery in my hand

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My first "solid" memory was at three. I got a big, shiny, colorful new big-wheel, that my mother's friend promptly ran over and left destroyed in my driveway.

I have images prior to that though, of a different house we lived in. Since I do not remember the house itself, I cannot confirm whether those images were memories or imagination. Thus, the "solid" memory above.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join