It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End to Unemployment, Floods, Droughts and Thirst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The North American Water and Power Alliance is a proposal from the 1960's that seeks a continental approach to water management for the American Continent. It would take the fresh water run-off from Alaska and Canada, redirect the flow down the Rocky Mountain Trench, through the Great American Desert all the way down to Mexico.

It would also allow for increased navigable water transportation throughout North America, expand our food production capabilities massively, and create millions of jobs.

While I'm a libertarian and don't usually believe in government doing things, this particular project has caught my eye. As a resident of Tennessee, I've seen how much truly amazing good the TVA has done for our area and the entire nation - NAWAPA would be 100x the effect.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If the government has there hands in it, it cant be that good.
I wonder if they might be up to something else. cool find none the less.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why should us Canadians give our water to USA and Mexico?

US and Mexican water management is TERRIBLE. Canada has some of the highest amounts of fresh water in the world locked up in the ice caps, and it is an incredibly valuable resource.

We're not about to let US and Mexican farmers pipe our water south so that they can water their crops in the desert.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

And what are you gonna do when your ptb say ok lets do it? i'm not sure how your government is up there, just curious. Do the people in canada really have a say in it,unlike us in the US?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This will have disastrous effects in the long term all you have to do is look at other areas of the world where they diverted water only for another region to have less water. Short term fixes for a short sighted people.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well one of my buddies believes that all the booms that everyone has been hearing is the Underground Tunnels America is making to steal water from the great lakes

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

What do you mean STEAL from the great lakes aren't the lakes part of the US too?

top topics

join