It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
reply to post by sputniksteve

If you can't understand it, that's one thing but saying it's stupid??

When we watch a video or see a picture of an artist who is no longer alive - we are still seeing them at a point in time they were alive, sometimes that can even bring back nice memories.

Seeing some fake hologram performing in the name of deceased is not cool. Would you like seeing holograms of your deceased relatives doing stuff they were doing while alive, you know, Grandma Annie making a pie, uncle John riding his Harley, c'mon now?

Watching a hologram of your Grandma making pie is a ton different than seeing an entertainer perform on stage. I just don't see the creepiness some people are mentioning. Is it much different from watching a life size videoof them? Maybe people just have to adjust to the technology, then it may not seem so creepy.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I noticed no one else thought to post this, so I guess I will.

Keep in mind, "government level" and "turning up the gain"....

Yeah, I went there.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
just noticed

the dude sang 'HAIL - MARY"...
cmon.....

everyone sang their greatest hits.....tupacs hogram sang hail mary

project bluebeam .....could be

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

By slapping him every time he walked into a room and taunted a "ghost?"

"Oh my god, dude, did you feel THAT?"

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Oh, my mind went there today too!!

After watching Tupac perform last night, and then the video of Celine Dion performing on American Idol with Elvis, and then remembering the CNN Obama election coverage with Will.I. Am (Black Eye Peas), I went there too.

Maybe those planes were holograms.....

After all, the buildings were obviously bombed. Why crash real planes when you can crash fake ones.......

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Great point!!

They will just learn to adjust to the new technology.

Think about it, a few centuries ago, they might've thought that seeing a picture of their deceased was morbid, until the photograph was developed.

Then seeing a video of their deceased was morbid, until this......

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
am I the only one who wasn't that surprised?
it's cool and all, but it just didn't hit me like it seems to have most of you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Can't wait for his new album "Plug Life"

This was pretty cool but yeah nothing new. It has been done many times before. I have included an example below.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Amazing~!~
Hologram aside,awesome to see the "man" performing in 2012~!~
Technology is amazing!
R>I>P 2Pac!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Actually, a century ago 'they' appreciated memento mori artwork and together with contemporary video techniques they are both a true representation of reality.

Holograms are based on virtual reality, illusion of the mind, meaning fake as a three dollar bill and i guess you're right, 'they' will get used to that kind of illusions real soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You want to check out Nine Inch Nails and see some of the amazing stage effects they INVENTED. None of them are holograms, but then this isn't a hologram either.

You got that right, "Tupac" was projected onto a gauze screen with a DLP projector, a technique pioneered by the Nine Inch Nails. Saw them in their 2008 tour and it was mind blowing, they would drop several of these gauze screens down, each carrying a different projected image, to create a multi-layered effect, especially when the screens were lowered between the live performers on stage, allowing them to "interact" with the projected elements. The screens themselves are virtually invisible, especially in a darkened stage environment with backlighting.

With this Tupac projection, it was not a 3D hologram, if you were standing to the side of the screen you would not have seen the projection. But from center stage it must have looked amazing, and so long as the live performers didn't walk into the screen they would have appeared to be interacting with the image.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

www.torontosun.com

The ghostly apparition drew mixed reactions from those watching the set online, with one fan calling it "wrong on so many levels" and others stunned by the Tupac trick, tweeting, "WTF!"

But most rap fans were thrilled, including the stars in attendance. Katy Perry tweeted, "I think I might have cried when I saw Tupac," while her pal Rihanna boasted: "Tupac back unbelievable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mtv.com
www.youtube.com

Once the technology becomes good enough, this is how they will make money from people. And How some artists will make money from concerts.

People will go to see " Live " performances by their favorite artists and this way you can still see artists after they are gone and also for some who don't want to perform or can't perform live but still want to give their fans the opportunity to see them live.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ok so my post with this question wasnt answered and Im impatieny right now. Would 2pac's full body have been viewed from Snoop's angle? From the side? Or was it just projection visible from the front?

EDIT!!! This was answered by Blackmarketeer above.
edit on 16-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Japan has an entire girl band based on holograms

big deal.

Not news.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Honestly the hologram looks very low res,

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Honestly the hologram looks very low res,

My friend at Coachela said she knew a hologram of Tupac would happen. Somebody lied to that nice crowd, just a projection, not a hologram.

link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

www.torontosun.com

The ghostly apparition drew mixed reactions from those watching the set online, with one fan calling it "wrong on so many levels" and others stunned by the Tupac trick, tweeting, "WTF!"

But most rap fans were thrilled, including the stars in attendance. Katy Perry tweeted, "I think I might have cried when I saw Tupac," while her pal Rihanna boasted: "Tupac back unbelievable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mtv.com
www.youtube.com

Once the technology becomes good enough, this is how they will make money from people. And How some artists will make money from concerts.

People will go to see " Live " performances by their favorite artists and this way you can still see artists after they are gone and also for some who don't want to perform or can't perform live but still want to give their fans the opportunity to see them live.

Soon they will have a seperate tour for their hologram. "H-Tours" will be holograms, and tickets will be much much cheaper, and then they will also have the real tour.
edit on 16-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

link   
Ok, I just watched that for the 1st time, that was f***ing amazing. If I saw Kurt Cobain, John Lennon or Aaliyah like that I don't know if I'd feel weird or have tears in my eyes! That was just so lifelike it was almost unsettling. You look at computer games, etc, but the movement and quality of that was on another level.

edit : just saw a post above saying it wasn't actually a hologram, still amazing either way.
edit on 16-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Still waiting for the whitney/michael jackson tour 2012, bring it on!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Still waiting for the whitney/michael jackson tour 2012, bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Yeah then there is the Amy Whinehouse 1 as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join