It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname imagine going to a holo lounge and watching mayweather fight pacquiao like you were ring side.

or better yet, in your own home in front of the couch. holo-decks are becoming reality.

That would be something I would love to see. Especially if there is interaction, can you imagine communicating with your favorite actor or actress in your living room?

I would start with Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When i saw this i was utterly amazed , the things we can do with technology are fascinating and scary but my first thought was... I cant wait until they do this with pokemon

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Tupac is alive and Snoop Dogg looks almost dead LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's not a hologram. It's Eyeliner.

Musion calls it a "hologram", at one time they used to admit that they were using the term in an "advertising way", then they started claiming that they could use the word any way they liked even if it obviously wasn't a hologram, as they were being 'creative' and were an entertainment company, and besides everyone else was misusing the term too.

At any rate, their use of the word "hologram" is about as accurate as George Lucas' or Star Trek: TNG, which is to say, not at all. Eyeliner is neither 3D nor is it holographic.

Eyeliner is a sort of saran wrap. If the stage is set up correctly in terms of lighting, it's quite hard to see from the audience. The image is projected onto the saran wrap from behind at an angle using a bone stock DLP projector. The overall term for the effect is "Pepper's Ghost"

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't mean to cross post, but I think it applies here to. A couple members have already nailed it though.

If we put any stock in DoD methods, and the military industrial complex in general since the fifties.... Essentially the military is always playing with tech that's about 30 to 50 years ahead of our time. Hell, it was near suicide, credibility wise, to say that militaries have been testing ray guns in black projects.... Low and behold ray guns exist, and have seemingly as much power as they ever did in science fiction.

I was not expecting to wake up this morning and see Snoop performing with Pac. I was shocked.

It's really made me rethink my whole skepticism towards Project Bluebeam.... If this is the commercial, 'entertainment model' per se, what's the black ops edition capable of? In certain circles theres been an on going discussion about using high frequency electric waves, combined with scalar technology ( way out of my league stuff ) any way it moves nano particles around.... Stuff called smart dust. Exceedingly tiny microchips that interact with each other when hit with the proper waves. I'll see if I can find some links.

Really impressive technology. This is far beyond what I expected when I saw the first video.

Edit - here we go. DARPA and Berkeley are all over it. Smart Dust. Even this is nearly two years old.
edit on 16-4-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I saw the video this morning and I didn't know wether to feel disturbed or what. There is something just morbid about watching that. Its crazy to think what other realistic things they (TPTB) can make us believe we are seeing.

Just imagine.... Artist making holograms instead of actually performing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hey, remember a few years ago during the Obama election coverage, and Wolf Blitzer was interviewing Will. I. Am from the Black Eyed Peas? He was in hologram, and they didn't tell the viewing audience until in the middle of the interview?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Something morbid about watching this video? Something morbid about watching a video of a video essentially? Get over it already.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

Originally posted by randomname imagine going to a holo lounge and watching mayweather fight pacquiao like you were ring side.

or better yet, in your own home in front of the couch. holo-decks are becoming reality.

That would be something I would love to see. Especially if there is interaction, can you imagine communicating with your favorite actor or actress in your living room?

I would start with Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures.

I watched an episode about future technolgy on the Science Channel a while ago about this type of technology. TV's and computers will eventually go monitorless and the holograms will be performing in our homes.

I am still blown away by this.....
edit on 16-4-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
It's not a hologram. It's Eyeliner.

Musion calls it a "hologram", at one time they used to admit that they were using the term in an "advertising way", then they started claiming that they could use the word any way they liked even if it obviously wasn't a hologram, as they were being 'creative' and were an entertainment company, and besides everyone else was misusing the term too.

At any rate, their use of the word "hologram" is about as accurate as George Lucas' or Star Trek: TNG, which is to say, not at all. Eyeliner is neither 3D nor is it holographic.

Eyeliner is a sort of saran wrap. If the stage is set up correctly in terms of lighting, it's quite hard to see from the audience. The image is projected onto the saran wrap from behind at an angle using a bone stock DLP projector. The overall term for the effect is "Pepper's Ghost"

No kidding! Awesome info, thanks....what threw me was the actual production studio referring to it as a hologram...its obvious now that they were lying! Thanks for correcting this info and bringing this to light, it seems substantially different from claiming a hologram. I take back what I said to that other gent on the first page...

EDIT: after learning the above, go back and look at the video...you can see the mirrors in front of the illusion.

edit on 16-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

link   
For all I know the people who are the ones who killed him are the ones making sooooo much profit off of his skills this many years later.

Raping of ghosts.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
For all I know the people who are the ones who killed him are the ones making sooooo much profit off of his skills this many years later.

Raping of ghosts.

Yes I am sure this was hugely profitable for the people owning the copyrights to Tupac. They just made money hand over fist on that presentation....Def. worth more dead than alive and creating new material they could sell. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In tears.. thanks OP..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lets look at some very low cosmic tech, ant hill, and to be released it means its probably half a century old already, because they don't release the current stuff.

Japanese Scientists Create Touchable Holograms

Holographic Universe (Part 1 of 5 ) its all illusion.

Holographic Archetypes 5 - Quantum Bioholography, by Iona Miller, 2012

(I notice this is part 5)

biophysics.50megs.com...
QUANTUM BIOHOLOGRAPHY

Holographic DNA Detector

www.opticsinfobase.org...
Electron holography of individual DNA molecules

Slightly off topic, but look what else they can do

helablog.com...

This is disclosure but no one got it! Growing on the vine.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Project Blue Beam does not sound so 'unrealistic' anymore.....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Creepy isn't it? The Bluebeam endgame thing is a little too over the top, but ultimately this technology could be used to something of that effect. I had no idea it had come this far, but apparently it has.

I want Starwars chess. Some one please design me Starwars chess

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
pretty cool looking..

Nothing more then trying
to make a very boring coachella
interesting..

This was the only good preformance
and the guys dead!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought this was absolutely amazing! In fact I was so excited I had to call my fella to come see it, with me yapping on about Project Bluebeam and a faked alien invasion

He looked at me as if I was a complete idiot - ''but they've been doing this for years now, they done it with Elvis!! You and those people on that ~snip~ website need to get out more''....!!

So anyway I checked YT and sure enough

www.youtube.com...

It's absolutely incredible and makes me wonder how far along technology REALLY is, thanks OP!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I find this disturbing in a way, maybe because i really loved and appreciated his music back in the 90's, dunno but i don't like seeing this projection/hologram/whatever.

We all know real Tupac would say killuminati

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
I find this disturbing in a way, maybe because i really loved and appreciated his music back in the 90's, dunno but i don't like seeing this projection/hologram/whatever.

We all know real Tupac would say killuminati

My fella agrees, he loved Tupac and said it freaked him out watching it....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join