It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
Just did a bit of research, the Tupac show was done using a special effect used often in magic called Pepper's Ghost...

"In 2012, a commercial version of Pepper's ghost was used to project an image of deceased rapper Tupac Shakur onto the stage at Coachella"
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting read, and I just learned something about magic that I was unaware of

I guess that explains the mylar screens used that I read about?

Anyways as others have said, this wasn't a real hologram and in fact the technology used can be traced as far back as the 1860s. Only recently have they started to use projectors to create the effect, but really even at that this is not new. There have been other bands who have used similar effects long before this show.

Thank you. This wasn't some crazy breakthrough everyone. It WASNT a 3D hologram. It was a projection, like what you see at the theatres. I bet the average scientist/effects guy could do the same thing with a few thousand bucks.
edit on 19-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Looks kinda fake and crappy to me. Though I doubt the tech used at this concert is as high def as the stuff the military could have.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Just did a bit of research, the Tupac show was done using a special effect used often in magic called Pepper's Ghost...

"In 2012, a commercial version of Pepper's ghost was used to project an image of deceased rapper Tupac Shakur onto the stage at Coachella"
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting read, and I just learned something about magic that I was unaware of

Anyways as others have said, this wasn't a real hologram and in fact the technology used can be traced as far back as the 1860s. Only recently have they started to use projectors to create the effect, but really even at that this is not new. There have been other bands who have used similar effects long before this show.

Thank you. This wasn't some crazy breakthrough everyone. It WASNT a 3D hologram. It was a projection, like what you see at the theatres. I bet the average scientist/effects guy could do the same thing with a few thousand bucks.

Thats what they want you to believe.

"Its all smoke and mirrors"

When is the last time "smoke and mirrors" cost half a mil?

This was on a grander scale rather than some night club act.

this thing can be seen at all angles.

THIS IS A TEST RUN FOR BLUE BEAM

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
After looking through some statements made by the company, I'm left wondering 2 things:

1. Who the motion capture actor was, as he was bang on with his movements

and

2. Who was the voice actor? Sounded absolutely identical, to me

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jephers0n
2. Who was the voice actor? Sounded absolutely identical, to me

They probably used the vocal track from one of the live shows he did when he was alive.

Originally posted by holywar666

Originally posted by Starchildren

Exactly. Thank you. And they are still controlling him even in his death. It's sick.

After his death?
Boy do they have you fooled. Want to know how they got a dead persons permission to do this? Because he's not dead. Like i said a few pages back, they are having WAY TOO MUCH fun using Pac's image. This led me to believe he was never dead to begin with.

Why would he have faked his own death? What would be the purpose of that?
edit on 19-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is going to be succeeded by a string of deceased stars who will take on this same situation. What comes mind is Michael Jackson. Expect that soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

For the song '2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted' my wife said 2 pacs part sounded exactly like it is on the cd so I am guessing the audio was taken from there. As for when he was talking and said what up Coachella? I'm guessing just a voice actor that sounded like him?
edit on 19-4-2012 by monkeykillingmonkey because: left a word out

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Using the CD tracks would sound too 'polished' for a live show. I imagine they went digging through old audio archives and found some of the tracks from his live shows. It would be a piece of cake if the tracks were still pre-mix masters (the separated tracks before they are mixed). That way they could just take the separated vocal track and use that, which would make it easier if they had to alter the pitch/change the key or change the tempo.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My personal opinion ~ i think it's amazing. Tupac the first holographic rapper. what an honour, he deserves it.
R.I.P TUPAC

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Everyone look at this website. www.musion.co.uk...

This is the company that designed the tech for this performance. I know someone that works for the company. There is no conspiracy here, no Project Bue beam stuff. It is rediculous to think that.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

You really show your ignorance of the subject when you say that.

It's a PROJECTION onto a SCREEN. Seriously, do some research...

I wonder if when anaglyph 3d was first shown, did people think it was real too.. oh I bet they did, to the laughing of the future..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Tupac is part of the reason it is the way it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wonder how many people the money for this project could have fed.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I saw the video this morning and I didn't know wether to feel disturbed or what. There is something just morbid about watching that. Its crazy to think what other realistic things they (TPTB) can make us believe we are seeing.

Yeah, Like a fake alien invasion? That's the plan to usher in the NEW World Order. It's called the Last card. Just Like Von Braun said. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I want to see a muhammed projected up on screen. I wonder how that would go over? Prolly about as well as tiny tim singing tip toe through the tulips I would wager.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
I want to see a muhammed projected up on screen. I wonder how that would go over? Prolly about as well as tiny tim singing tip toe through the tulips I would wager.

Which one?

I still find hologram tupac pretty neat,
all though sitting through 3 days of all
that crap they had to go through just
to see it might not of been worth the wait
Maybe it was..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What is the first confirmed use of a hologram of this nature?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And this has just came out, I can't start a new thread but seen as this is in relation to it - Suge Knight has said he believes Tupac is not dead.
Suge Knight audio/info from hip hop rumour site:

allhiphop.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
ok after quick research i realized this isnt even a hologram it's just a projector on the roof and a see through screen....bla....this is just a mere optical illusion , no hologram here ....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by capone1

en.wikipedia.org...

Thats what they want you to believe.

"Its all smoke and mirrors"

When is the last time "smoke and mirrors" cost half a mil?

This was on a grander scale rather than some night club act.

this thing can be seen at all angles.

How come it's the crazies that always never have any idea on what the hell they're talking about?

It wasn't a hologram, it has absolutely nothing to do with Blue Beam. It's just using the technology that's been in use for many years in Japan. They do the exact same thing with Hatsune Miku.

It got people talking about Coachella, which is why they did it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join