It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Plan Red – America’s Secretive plans for war..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i wonder when the point was that plans changed from war invasions to a different strategy of taking over banks and politics and basically taking control of a country that way. There must have been one key point in history when they changed their style of attack

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

hahaha I just love it when you call someone a troll that you disagree with. I hope for you sake your not a grown man acting like that. As for the question at hand their are plenty of US military bases in the UK. I would name them all but you have google I suggest you use it.

And BTW have you heard about a campaign in the UK called "The Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases." (CAAB) To sum it up for you, your people are mad that these bases are out of control of the UK government.
It amazing me that I know more about your country than you do.

Toodles hahahaha
edit on 16-4-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Blaine91555

He has a point. The U.S does treat Britain quite disgracefully as an ally.

I agree, they are a fair-weather friend. Friends only when it suits them.

How do you think the history of the UK and the British is any different? Do you also think that the people in the UK now are responsible for anything in their history? Are you not really saying simply that you don't like the US and will jump on any opportunity, no matter how disingenuous, to criticize the US?

Like I said, this is about a time very different from now. Those who live in the past and don't look to the future are a huge part of the problem to begin with. Reality is now and what we can do to make things better in the future. But at the same time you can't bury your head in the sand about the dangers of today.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IPEEINTHESHOWER

I shall repeat, there are no US bases in the UK. Having tenant US units in RAF bases is no different than RAF UAV squadrons currently tenant units at US bases.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
War plan Red was one of quite a few color coded war plans the United States has developed:

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the war plans even went into effect during WWII, so they've proven to be useful.

I'm also surprised that the OP never mentioned the fact that both Canada and the UK also had war plans for the US, so it certainly wasn't a one way street:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

In fact, Canada's war plan for the US was written before the US came up with War Plan Red.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Speakeasy1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Speakeasy1981

I'm also surprised that the OP never mentioned the fact that both Canada and the UK also had war plans for the US, so it certainly wasn't a one way street:

As far as I was aware the UK never had any plans for war with the US. In fact, according to your source there:

The Royal Navy never prepared a formal plan for war with America during the first half of the 20th century. The government of David Lloyd George in 1919 restricted the navy from doing so to prevent it from using American naval growth to justify building more ships. Like their American counterparts most Royal Navy officers viewed cooperation with the other nation as the best way to maintain world peace due to the shared culture, language, and goals, although Britons feared that British attempts to regulate trade during a war with another nation might force a war with the United States.

In regards to Canada however, yes, I was aware of a plan by the name of "Defence Scheme No. 1" around 9 years before but it hardly seemed like anything at all from my point of view. Just one person, Lieutenant Colonel James "Buster" Sutherland Brown, trying to spark an invasion. That was hardly worth a mention really. That's how I saw it anyway. Also, if I didn't discuss it at length, there's nothing stopping you from doing so. This is a discussion forum..

Edit: I just did a few google searches on it, as It's hardly an area of expertise for me lt's say, and I found this you may find interesting:

Defence Scheme No. 1 was created on April 12, 1921 and details a surprise invasion of the northern United States as soon as possible after evidence was received of an American invasion of Canada. It assumed that the Americans would first attempt to capture Montreal and Ottawa, then Hamilton, Toronto, the prairie provinces, and Vancouver and southwest British Columbia. Defence Scheme No. 1's American counterpart was War Plan Red, a plan to invade Canada as part of a war with Britain, created in 1930.[1]

The purpose of invading America was to allow time for Canada to prepare its war effort and to receive aid from Britain. According to the plan, Canadian flying columns stationed in Pacific Command in western Canada would immediately be sent to seize Seattle, Spokane, and Portland. Troops stationed in Prairie Command would be sent to attack Fargo and Great Falls, then move to Minneapolis. Troops from Quebec would be sent to seize Albany in a surprise counterattack while Maritime troops would attack Maine. When resistance to the Canadians grew they would retreat to their own borders, destroying bridges and railways to hinder American pursuit.[1][2]
(Source)

So it seems, if anything, it was a plan to counter a potential attack from America. Hardly the same as what America planned really..
edit on 16-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't mention the UK and Canadian plans intentionally.

And yes, while the UK didn't have any 'official' plans, I'm sure they had something. It was just the smart thing to do, just in case. And if you further read from my source, it does detail how the UK government thought a US/UK war would pan out, so it does seem someone was thinking about it.

The Royal Navy officers believed that the United Kingdom was so vulnerable to a blockade that, if a superior American fleet appeared near the British Isles, it would quickly surrender. The officers planned to, instead, attack the American fleet from a Western Hemisphere base, likely Bermuda, while other ships based in Canada and the West Indies would attack American shipping and protect Empire trade. The navy would also bombard coastal bases and make small amphibious assaults. India and Australia would help capture Manila to prevent American attacks on British trade in Asia and perhaps a conquest of Hong Kong. The officers hoped that such acts would result in a stalemate that would make continued war unpopular in the United States, then a negotiated peace

Good thread, though. I've always been interested in "alternative history" and these War Plans are great material to read through for "what if" scenarios.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Speakeasy1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This all just seems like a huge jab at America. Not saying this isn't something to shake a stick at, but if you think your own country didn't/doesn't have a plan for war against America, you're silly. I'm sure the UK has always had a plan to attack America. The idea that they didn't even consider a plan to attack the land they lost to a bunch of rebels just seems like an impossibility to me.

Pointing out every little thing that potentially makes America look like an evil monster in this world is getting lame. Seriously, it's getting really boring and now we're getting a lot of information, that while probably not well known, is rather unexciting. Like this thread. This information, whilst I didn't know it, doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, it makes sense. I really hope we still have plans of war because while they're slinging flak at us and making us out to be bad guys, they're able to prepare for their own evil plans with out notice.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
So it seems, if anything, it was a plan to counter a potential attack from America. Hardly the same as what America planned really..

Sure, but it was written before the US plan, so chronologically, Canada planned an attack on the US before the US planned an attack on Canada. And remember, the US plan itself was potentially a counter attack against the UK, so they are quite similar. Canada planning a counter attack on the US, then the US planning a counter attack on the UK, then the UK not really giving a crap enough to plan anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Speakeasy1981

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't mention the UK and Canadian plans intentionally.

Ah, ok, well thanks.

All I know is I'm here to learn so leaving out information because it may go against something I believe, well, that would be kind of pointless really, wouldn't it? I was aware of that previous Canadian plan but as far as I was aware, and of course I could be mistaken here which I'm open to, it was mainly the work of one person and was not something taken too seriously in the grand scheme of thing's. If that's wrong then please do point it out. Like I said, I'm here to learn and I find history, whether it's my own, America's or Canada's, fascinating.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

HAHAHA, sounds like someone is mad that the UK used to rule the world and now sadly they are nothing more than a sinking Island. Maybe you're mad that the USA kicked your countries arse in Revolutionary war or is it we have military bases on your sinking Island right now and you don't have jack S&%# on our land. If the USA never got involved in WW2 Britain could not have defeated the combined Germany and Italy in Western Europe and Mediterranean/North Africa area. Germany and Italy would have defeated Britain.

Maybe you should be thanking us Yanks for saving your sinking Island instead of wishing it ill will.

This September will mark the 229th anniversary of the end of the American Revolutionary War. I guess some wounds never heal. This weekend, the Britain's National Army Museum voted George Washington the greatest military enemy ever to face Britain.

Historian Stephen Brumwelll said it best "the American Revolutionary War was the worst defeat for the British Empire ever,"

Every time you sip some earl grey you should be thankful that the USA will protect your sinking island.

edit on 16-4-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: (no reason given)

First off, the British Island is not sinking, LOL. Secondly if it had not been for the RAF during those dark days for Britain, yes Britain would not have lasted long, but last I checked RAF stands for Royal Air Force. Germany was hell bent on trying to defeat Britain, using the Luftwaffe, Hitler knew that a land invasion was nearly impossible due to the defenses on the British coastline and a brilliant gadget developed by the the British, known as RADAR. Churchill gave one of his most infamous speeches, were, he said:

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. "

Hitler didnt realize how mighty the British pride to survive and to save its own ass, so Hitler stopped his pursute of Britain and went after Russia. Bad move Hitler

It was only after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, is when the Yanks got off there asses. The only thing the US did before this ws supply Britain with much needed aid, and we thank you!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Ah, I got the feling someone would post something like that. But nope, that's completely 100% wrong. I'm not taking a jab at anyone. I came across what I found to be an interesting story and I shared it. Simple as that.

If you think I'm Anti-American, then I suggest you take the time to actually read my past posts and get to know me a little bit better. I say that because nothing could be further from the truth.

Pointing out every little thing that potentially makes America look like an evil monster in this world is getting lame.

Well, read my past posts, I obviously haven't done this.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Wasn't talking about you, actually. Sorry, didn't clarify on that. A lot of other people are starting to make this in to something so terrible when it's not really that bad.

Thanks for sharing it actually. And you did a good job presenting it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

interesting concept... though your colors are reversed and the war is already over.

America is not a liberal nation... England is lost and defeated by American long ago... 90% of Canada's population lives within 50 miles of the US border.

they're still pissed if people can't already tell?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Ah, well then my mistake, I'm sorry. I assumed, since I was the OP, that your post was in reply to me there.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The US and Great Britain have a history so deep you cannot ever fathom. You will never see a war between the US and the UK. These two lovers along with Israel are the ultimate trio of power. They will always side with each other.

Canada on the other side, I don't think there's any benefit in meddling with them. We've already claimed Alaska for the minerals and natural resources. Unless we run out of those resources which, is mostly oil, there won't be war. The oil industry is doomed to its demise soon anyway. We will be switching to alternative energy before Canada becomes a problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
The military has war games for just about every situation imaginable - probably even have plans for an Alien Invasion.

Just because they have plans and ideas, does not mean they will follow through with them.

Britain, and Canada are some of the U.S.'s closest friends - we need them, and they need us. You will never see a war between these countries unless someone comes into power who tries to wipe us out, invade us, or damage us.

There is no money in it, nor security in it.

edit on 16-4-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

That MIGHT be true -- but I think we should at least look into this.

The AMERICA as we know it is a great ally of Canada and England -- but before FDR and a failed coup from Wall Street robber barons -- a lot of the wealthy and powerful wanted to be on Germany's side in WW II. It was only a lucky twist of fate that got us into the war on the "right side".

If we joined Germany as Prescott Bush, Henry Ford, Chase, and a lot of other -- still powerful families wanted us to do -- we would have been at odds with Britain as a matter of course. Canada would probably have just stayed out of the conflict all together.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

To be factual, they were British colonials in North America.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

yeah this is absolutely true. We almost invaded Canada. WW2 kind of changed the game and we gained the new land and resources we wanted as well as became a power house any ways so it was tossed out.

I don't know if we wanted to invade the UK. We have damn close ties with them and the crown now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join