It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I'm starting to believe atomic weapons, or atomic energy, might be the key to opening rifts and such. And if so, im pretty sure our govt's know this already and are actively working on creating portals (or succeeded already, who knows)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Gonna call hoax.

All the links to this story go to the same place form the last 24 hours... the link within the story itself is bogus, as it doesn't reference this at all... and the whole thing is full of ridiculous detail that are obviously untrue (he ate a "small" dinner did he?... hoax and a half...

Before It's News is also a known hoax site.

So yeah, BS.

EDIT: I think the whole thing may have come from this guy: maliceinsunderland.weebly.com... OR someone is spreading his story (and wildly embellishing it)... it's a "concept" for a record...

edit on 17-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
The story goes that the Japanese custms officials let him into the country on strict conditions, had a few guards take him to a hotel, and overnight he vanished.

Was that standard practice? Let someone with a fake passport into the country....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckno1
Guys....

if you read this: www.dark-stories.com...
you can see a LINK at the bottom of the website:

This story reproduced with permission from Tom Slemen
Source: www.slemen.com...
© Copyright 2004 by Tom Slemen. All Rights Reserved.

When you visit the site of Tom Slemen you will see the he is writing TALES

I don't think he is the originator of this tale, however, he did write about it briefly in a book called "strange but true: mysterious & bizarre people"

Link

Mind you, that doesn't lend weight to the story either.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
So where was the rest of the passengers who flew into Tokyo with him? There should have been an entire plain full of passengers arriving from Taured including the pilot.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
cave wall paintings or it didn't happen.

second line.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
This story seems to originate from a book by Colin Wilson and John Grant in 1981.

I'm looking for a copy online to source, but I haven't found one yet.

en.wikipedia.org...

maliceinsunderland.weebly.com...

According to The Directory Of Possibilities [edited by Colin Wilson & John Grant, 1981]

And in 1954 a passport check in Japan is alledged to have produced a man with papers issued by the nation of Taured."

The only other thought to explain this story is there was an error on the passport, the man was from Taure, Romania, and he didn't know geography very well.
www.maplandia.com...
edit on 16-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Surely the key thought of how to explain the story is to acknowledge it's a story? Like all similar ones, the holes in it are huge.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Very fascinating story and if there is one in a million chance that it's real,even better.

One of the main problems is that happened almost half a century ago,so there is no way to find any evidence or witnesses right now.

Sometimes when i walk on a busy street and i see a person looking weird or out of place i imagine that he/she is from a parallel dimension.I have a very creative imagination and those people are propably lost,but it's fun to imagine that something like that might happen in our boring lives.

I wish this story could be proven to be real.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

or that other one called sliders
n/m
edit on 17/4/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
So where was the rest of the passengers who flew into Tokyo with him? There should have been an entire plain full of passengers arriving from Taured including the pilot.

Never heard of a connecting flight? He may have caught a train to somewhere, "switched universes" and then got on a plane.

In any case, I still think it was a miltary exercise, as per my earlier replies. I suspect the reason my posts were ignored is that most people reject the idea of hypnosis being an effective (albeit immoral) form of influencing people, because they don't like the thought they themselves might be influenced against thier will or without their knowledge. People would rather entertain the idea of alternate realities because that's a "nice" possibility, whereas the idea of people messing with your head is frightening.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
......Going back to quantum leap...

Did anyone see the JFK / Lee Harvey Oswald episode? i think it might have been the final show, it was like a 2 hour special or something, deffo the best ever one!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by psyan

Um in the OP what he stated about this country was absolutely correct, your link proves it so whats the problem?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Maybe he was suffering from what I call 'Situational Displacement Anxiety'.

2nd line.
Oh, and 3rd too.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblain
......Going back to quantum leap...

Did anyone see the JFK / Lee Harvey Oswald episode? i think it might have been the final show, it was like a 2 hour special or something, deffo the best ever one!

Yeah, have to agree that it was the best, and could probably have stood alone as a very solid and captivating piece of drama - the punchline at the end was really clever.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
How about we go with Occam's Razor instead, and consider the fact that the guy suffered from a mental illness...perhaps brought on by PTSD after his country was nearly annihilated by the Atom Bomb several years earlier?

LINK

While it makes for interesting conversation, I choose to think that he suffered from delusional mental illness.

I agree that Occam's Razor is something that should be considered whenever hearing of stories such as this. However, I do not think the explanation would be that the man was simply delusional. Given the tangible evidence such as the Drviers Liscense and pre-stamped passport, I would say the most logical explanation would be a purposeful hoax. A hoax that maybe even the hotel room guards could have been in on. Again, Occum's Razor: It's either a multi-demensional man traveling here from a parallel universe, or it's a couple of dudes getting some good laughs out of an awesome hoax. Which of these two explanations are more logical? lol

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
fascinating story. S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Would make a good sci-fi movie...I miss decent sci-fi movies :s

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
from what i gather no-ones mentioned the 'dragons triangle' the easts own bermuda triangle. Would provide links but am on my phone. If another member could do the honours... Should spice up the tale somewhat!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Welshy77

Here's a link for the Devil's Sea or the Dragon's Triangle. I guess the theory is as good as any other for this story.

Dragon's Triangle or the Devil's Sea
edit on 17-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The OPs link goes to 'Before It's News'. Sometimes they have good stuff. Othertimes its sooo far out there that it's impossible to believe. This story could go either way ....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join