It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez

Maybe thats where the idea for the old series Quantum Leap came from

Quantum Leap was originally supposed to be like The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. Unfortunately by that period in time such shows were going out of fashion, and losing ratings like crazy, due to a lack of continuity. In order to counter this, the writers included the two main characters to tie all the episodes together.

As for the story at hand, my guess is that the guy was a criminal who slipped whatever country he came from. Taking advantage of the scifi craze of the early 50s, he forged a passport and came up with this story, and headed for the furthest country he could get to.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How about we go with Occam's Razor instead, and consider the fact that the guy suffered from a mental illness...perhaps brought on by PTSD after his country was nearly annihilated by the Atom Bomb several years earlier?

LINK

While it makes for interesting conversation, I choose to think that he suffered from delusional mental illness.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
How about we go with Occam's Razor instead, and consider the fact that the guy suffered from a mental illness...perhaps brought on by PTSD after his country was nearly annihilated by the Atom Bomb several years earlier?

LINK

While it makes for interesting conversation, I choose to think that he suffered from delusional mental illness.

You see the problem with that (and I do love to use the razor ) approach is that it's not the guys story that is the issue here .. I assume a lot of mental people would tell You they are from a different reality .. The main issue here (if the story is true at all) is the passport , drivers license and currency that he had with him ..

I mean it is easy to fake a story about a different reality, but it is a lot harder to fake 2 different ID's (if they really looked authentic as the story claims) and currency .. What is Your take on that issue ?
edit on 16/4/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The story implied he was western, so Japan probably wasn't his native country. I suppose we could switch him to France though and carry it on.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Lol.
yeah, might as well say you went straight from work to the strip club. Save the aggro

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

LINK

The guy was from Europe not Japan. I don't think he would have any PSTD from Japan getting bombed previously.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Some details are not clear to me:

Did this man carry an actual passport from a country actually named "Taured"?

If yes, was this "Tauredian" passport stamped with previous visas from the Japan embassy in "Taured"?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

Aaaahh, I did not know that.
Was one of my faves when I was younger.
Wish i'd seen more of the 2 original programmes now, just got a vague memory of them.
If he did make it all up and get very impressive fake documents together.....well..Why bother?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
gosh someone make a movie about this!

sounds like an awesome plot with a guy from another dimension

his country not on the map - wow!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Yes, he had a passport from Taured, and it was previously stamped.

While it was true that the man's passport corroborated his story—the document had many previous custom's and visa stamps—no record of his country existed.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing about these kinds of Charles Berlitz type stories is that they're intriguing but there's never enough information available to really go back and track down the facts (if there are any).

Maybe he was the same time/dimensional traveler who earlier showed up at that bridge opening in Canada.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
People!
This is from beforeitsnews.com

Need I say more.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
This is an interesting article about a mystery man that appeared at the Tokyo Airport in 1954, with a passport from a country named Taured, and then later mysteriously disappeared from a hotel room.

I have never heard this story before. While I'm a guy that demands 'proof' on a lot of issues, I also have my "Unified Weirdness Theory", which I figure will explain ghosts, UFO's and a lot of other strange stuff for which answers presently elude us. I'm thinking it's going to be tied in to quantum physics and other dimensions.

I once asked an academic, whose work had made the cover of Scientific American, a simple question..."Is it all hooey, or is something really going on?" He allowed as to the latter, though he couldn't explain it.

S&F for providing a great yarn.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just think how many people from "Other planets" and "Dimensions" are now locked up in asylums or were back then?

If you went around telling people you were from some random place, babbling some random language... even if you were FOR REAL... then I would imagine you'd be locked up, without a doubt.

ETA:

Now that is freaky... just googled it and it brought up this....

www.dark-stories.com...

Same story and others from 2007...

But the article also says (like me) that

The great student of the unexplained, Charles Fort once commented on the subject of visitors from other planets: "If there have ever been instances of teleportations of human beings from somewhere else to this Earth, an examination of infirmaries and workhouses an asylums might lead to some marvellous disclosures.

I always said the same about Jesus (I'm not religious BTW) that if he did come back, they'd just lock him up... they'd think he was mental. "I'm the son of god...." "Yeah right buddy, you and these 20 other guys.."
edit on 16/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yes, probably not the most reliable of news sources, but they just passed along the story. It's been reported before in other places such as here:

www.dark-stories.com...

I do wonder if there is any actual records that the Japanese government has. If this really happened, surely they would have it documented. I've done alot of seaching on the internet, but I haven't come up with any additional details.

ETA:

I did find a mention of the story here, but saying that it happened in the 1990's.
www.ghosttheory.com...

A curious incident took place in Tokyo, Japan during the early 1990s: a man arrived on a flight with a passport from a non-existent country.

The man expressed anger and shock when Japanese customs officials detained him. Although the officials checked their records carefully, the passport had been issued by a country that did not exist. No record showed the country had ever existed.

edit on 16-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Some details are not clear to me:

Did this man carry an actual passport from a country actually named "Taured"?

If yes, was this "Tauredian" passport stamped with previous visas from the Japan embassy in "Taured"?

According to the sources, Yes his passport supported his story of being from Taured, as well as making previous trips to Japan with Visa stamps showing the trips.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
People!
This is from beforeitsnews.com

Need I say more.

While I would be willing to discard the story if it was from that site, It was and is presented at other sites that don't have such a negative rep. And most of the other sources predate beforeitwasnews's article, just means they are recycling a known story, which they do on occasion to try to boost their rep.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I guess I should have read the whole thread before posting my responses since they were all ready taken care of, but all well, I guess I get into too much of a hurry some times, but then again, it's always a good idea to backup facts.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that boggles my mind even if it's not real. I personally believe that it is possible that different realities exist all around us, even parallel universes.

Is it not out of the realm of possibilities that each universe vibrates at its own frequency? IF something or someone could vibrate at the exact frequency of another universe, would it in fact show up in that universe? Given that everything is energy, it is quite possible that this could indeed happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

LINK

You see the problem with that (and I do love to use the razor ) approach is that it's not the guys story that is the issue here .. I assume a lot of mental people would tell You they are from a different reality .. The main issue here (if the story is true at all) is the passport , drivers license and currency that he had with him ..

I mean it is easy to fake a story about a different reality, but it is a lot harder to fake 2 different ID's (if they really looked authentic as the story claims) and currency .. What is Your take on that issue ?
edit on 16/4/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

Well, that is certainly interesting. However, if you have a passport, you will note that all that appears is a rubber stamp at the port of entry. It would be very easy to fake this or have a stamp created. The other ID is easily explained as well....as far back as the turn of the century, you could find the ability to make a fake ID at a carnival.

Ok, so I will retract my idea of the mental illness...and instead suggest that the man was merely creating a hoax story. I will apply the razor here as well...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join