It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyan
en.wikipedia.org...

Know your facts before posting anything.

If that were par for the course on ATS then nothing would get posted.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting - I'm the guy responsible for the Frankenstein Sound Lab album "The Man From Taured", and I was wondering why it was suddenly attracting so many plays. Now I know.

So what can I add to the topic....

SOURCE: I came across the story in "The Directory Of Possibilities", edited by Colin Wilson & John Grant [Corgi paperback, 1982. ISBN: 0-552-119946]. There was apparently a hardback edition published by Webb & Bower in 1981.

The book might be described as a sort of "Beginners Guide To Weird #" - it introduces various subjects and discusses the pros and cons as known at the time of publication.

Our man turns up in the section on Appearing People - kind of the opposite of People Who Vanish Without Trace, it cites Kaspar Hauser and Spring-heeled Jack as two high profile examples. But the one we're interested in here is mentioned exactly as on the Malice In Sunderland website previously quoted in this thread -

"Other people have claimed to come from lands not known to exist. In 1851 a certain Joseph Vorin came to the attention of the German authorities; he said he was from Laxaria, in a country called Sakria.

"In 1905 a young man was arrested in Paris; he spoke an unknown language but managed to convey that he was a citizen of Lisbian - not, it should be stressed, Lisbon.

"And in 1954 a passport check in Japan is alledged to have produced a man with papers issued by the nation of Taured."

That's it - that one sentence is all there is. None of these extra details now being talked about. No mention even of an airport or, for that matter a passport - just "papers".

A slight additional mystery - The section of "further reading" mentions "Out Of Thin Air: People Who Appear From Nowhere" by Paul Begg, described as "forthcoming". Was this the original source ? Did it have the expanded story now making the rounds ? And was it ever actually published ? I couldn't find any mention on the net - though plenty for Begg's companion volume - "Into Thin Air: People Who Disappear" [David & Charles, 1979]. These are listed next to each other in the reading list, so not a case of mistaken identity.

I might add that when "The Man From Taured" album was released in 2004 I did an internet search for "Taured" and variations thereof, and drew a complete blank - the story didn't seem to be on the net back then, or at least I didn't find it.

Just for the record, the title was chosen simply because I'd recently read the book and it stuck in my mind. Song titles are never my strongpoint, so it was gratefully co-opted for the track, and then it just seemed like a good album title too.

I think that's probably all I can add to the subject. It certainly didn't originate with Frankenstein Sound Lab, as one poster suggested.

For those who want to check out the album -

Malice In Sunderland

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maliceinsunderland

Thanks for your comments. I've pretty much searched ever corner of the web looking for additional information on this topic, and have reached a dead end. There just doesn't seem to be anything else to add to the story. There may something in print, or if there is any truth to the story, there may be records that Japanese authorities have, but nothing yet to be found to add validity to the story.

It's a fascinating tale, but without any real evidence, it's just that...a tale.

Thanks you you contribution to the thread...and welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnprince
Whether this is a myth or urban legend , it's important to remember that all legends/myths have a basis of truth.

That's not strictly correct.

By definition a myth is "an idea or story that is believed by many people but which is not true."

As for urban legends it's often a similar state of affairs, complete inventions of fiction presented as if factual or as if with possible basis in fact.

To by default assume that all myths and urban legends "have a basis of truth" will lead you down all manner of worthless cul-de-sacs. It's best instead to approach them with an open, but purely logical, train of thought.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: isyeye

Interesting, thanks for the post. These stories pop up from time to time. I seem to recall some strange dressed man showed up around the cern facility and was arrested for trespassing. he was looking in the trash. When interviewed at the police station he gave the name aurther dent, said he was from the future, here to stop cern from ripping a whole in our dimension. The plan was to take all mountain dew away because the scientist couldn't work without. It. All out pretty out there, I forget the ending details, but some other strange man was able to walk in, sign him out of jail, and they haven't been seen since. Crazy world we live in. Again thanks for the post

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
intriguing! especially since Tauredunum is in fact a mountain village area in the same region he pointed to on the map, which was devastated by a catastrophic tsunami in our timeline/reality over 1000 years ago. perhaps in his timeline/reality the Mont Taured area was spared that ill fate and instead arose to be a lil sovereign nation! Taured.
edit on 5-9-2015 by Sovan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

What a great thread, how did I miss it in 2012?

Sovan, have you a link to what you just posted

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
to the Taredumum 'event'?

read all about it here for starters..

en.wikipedia.org...

Marius of Avenches also described the event in his Chronicle:

[T]he great mountain of Tauretunum, in the territory of the Valais, fell so suddenly that it covered a castle in its neighbourhood, and some villages with their inhabitants; it so agitated the lake for 60 miles in length and 20 in breadth that it overflowed both its banks; it destroyed very ancient villages, with men and cattle; it entombed several holy places, with the religious belonging to them. It swept away with fury the Bridge of Geneva, the mills and the men; and, flowing into the city of Geneva, caused the loss of several lives.[2]

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovan
intriguing! especially since Tauredunum is in fact a mountain village area in the same region he pointed to on the map, which was devastated by a catastrophic tsunami in our timeline/reality over 1000 years ago. perhaps in his timeline/reality the Mont Taured area was spared that ill fate and instead arose to be a lil sovereign nation! Taured.

That would be some #!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
all people from or in japan come from alternate realities. i thought everyone knew this.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
then why interrogate the newbies just cuz the passport is from a non-existent country, huh?

keke.. how come these visitors from out of nowhere seem to vanish without a trace? is the fringe glitch usually self-correcting? (in which case, i'll be hoping to find that berenstains change back to berensteins, too!)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: isyeye
This is an interesting article about a mystery man that appeared at the Tokyo Airport in 1954, with a passport from a country named Taured, and then later mysteriously disappeared from a hotel room.

It's a rather interesting story that I wanted to share. Considering that it's an older story, many people may know about it, but I thought it was worth sharing. I don't have the time at the moment for further research, but I'll look into it more after work. Maybe some fellow ATS member has some additional information to contribute.

______beforeitsnews/story/2026/509/Strange_Man_From_Alternate_Reality_Arrives_In_Tokyo.html

The man who arrived in Japan that day in 1954 was certainly a stranger in a strange land. A Westerner in the land of the East, he towered above most of the Japanese people milling about the Tokyo airport complex. But soon, amazed customs officials found the man was more than just a stranger in their midst. The impossible man was a stranger from a stranger world—a world that existed in another universe entirely!

While the customs officials were confused, the subject of their bewilderment grew increasingly angry. He claimed he was in Japan on business, the third such trip that year. He'd been traveling to Japan for more than five years and his company was a subsidiary of a growing international conglomerate.

While it was true that the man's passport corroborated his story—the document had many previous custom's and visa stamps—no record of his country existed. And when the company he claimed to have pending meetings with was contacted they stated categorically they never heard of him, nor of the company he said he represented

The man spoke several languages including Japanese. He said his native language was French and when shown a map of the world expressed what seemed to be genuine shock that his country wasn't on it.

He told officials that Taured was located where the Principality of Andorra, part of Spain, and part of France was shown on the map. He was adamant that no such country as Andorra existed and his country had existed for almost 1,000 years.

I dont suppose there are any eyewitness quotes or official documents to back up any of this.

No Police reports?
No Guard statements?
No immigration statements?

Just a story?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
the records likely sealed and classified indefinitely?

good thing he didnt land in america! i mean TPTB would have dissected him up before he had a chance to disappear.

really hope he found his way back to his own timeline.. unless of course it was a disaster in Taured(unum) that somehow spared him a mortal fate plunging him instead into our own wacky alternate reality

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovan
the records likely sealed and classified indefinitely?

For what reason? I don't imagine that every dodgy/hoax passport scenario ends up in a classified file.

Even so, there does not appear to be one tangible piece of evidence to suggest that this event even happened.
Dozens of people would of been exposed to it and yet there is not even a newspaper article covering this event, which leads me to believe that it is just another urban legend.

And before anyone gets upset; I am not a skeptic who just comes on here to shoot down stories, but I am skeptical until there is some sort of evidence support at least the event existence.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It would be interesting if there were living witnesses in Japan to corroborate this story. With all the people involved, there should be many living witnesses.

It would also be interesting to know the origins of this story.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This thread just shows how much ATS changed since then. If you repost this now it will be flooded with ridicule and negativity, derailment etc.

As soon as you mention multiverses and parallel realities KABOOM

edit on 7-8-2016 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Very true.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
This thread just shows how much ATS changed since then. If you repost this now it will be flooded with ridicule and negativity, derailment etc.
As soon as you mention multiverses and parallel realities KABOOM

While there are those who debunk just for their own jollies, don't forget that the mantra of this site is 'Deny Ignorance'. Lay it out there as fact and it's easy to knock down if it is weak. Present it as a mystery, and the invitations are out to chime in and help to solve it.

And there's a whole lot of that successfully happening on this site.

edit on 7-8-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yes!

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join