It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by daydoesez

Yeah, some guys will come up with any excuse for not making it home at night. I wonder what his wife said when he came home a day late?

He probably used the same old line as Lazarus used on his Mrs, he probably said I Have Been Dead

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The country is being misspelled, it was spelled Taurted and if returned then he would be considered retaurted....hmmmm kind of like this story....Interesting but in a retaurted sort of way....oh yes before the lamb base on me not being able to spell I know how to spell retard.......lol

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

lamb base

Did you mean lambaste?

Sorry, I just had to do that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've only read comments through page 2, but one question I have is did he have a plane ticket? If so where did it say he boarded? But then again, I don't know if tickets existed back then.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Good read. Thanks for posting this. I am still personally up in the air about believing in time slips or alternate realities bleeding into ours. However I have heard similar stories from my own family members about this topic. Perhaps when I get above the 20 post count I will share those stories. There are still many things out in this universe that we don't know about and This perhaps is one of them.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
gosh someone make a movie about this!

sounds like an awesome plot with a guy from another dimension

his country not on the map - wow!

I think Chevy Chase should be main role for the Westerner.

Nowadays it's all photocopies and close inspection of suspect passports when ppl are travelling and end up making a fuss with some wild goose chase of a story. I guess the Japanese at the time were too trusting, let him entry to the country and let him stay in a hotel.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

What I don't understand is that one version of the story says this happened in the 50's, and then on the same site where the story is referenced again, it takes place in the 90's? Here's the two links. You'll need to scroll down on the second on to where the story is referenced again.

50's

90's?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

ok you caught me lol

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I believe in alternate realities and parallel universes and intertwining dimensions, i have since i was little. I see no reason not to.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Glad you did.
Hope that guy didnt get hurt getting knocked off that high horse of his.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i wonder if they took a copy of his passport, now that would interesting to see

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

My opinion is that this episode is simply a linguistic misunderstanding.

My opinion is that this episode is simply a linguistic misunderstanding. He in his "Andorran" language might be calling his country "Taured", but we and the Japanese call it "Andorra". Similar mix up is as regard to "Portugal". We call it "Portugal", but the "Portugese" call their country "Lusitannia" and they are in their language "Lusitannian". Thus even though this man and his passport showed him to be "Tauredian" nevertheless in all probability he is simply "Andorran". Simple as that. No big mystery. Remember that the English language is actually a minority language in the wider world picture. Japanese is even more so a minority language. "Tauredian" is simply "not on the map" because it is simply so minority that no one even regards it as being there. Even the "extraterrestrials" and "greys" are simply a minority nation living in the "Scottish Isles of Great Scotland" or is it the "United Kingdom of the Scottish Isles". Next time some one tells you that the UFO flying saucers are coming from outer space, now you can tell them that in actuality they are coming from Scotland. The reason why the Scottish speak English language with such a strong accent is because they, when at home, amongst themselves, speak a minority language of their own called "Scottish Gaellic". We in English call it the "Isle of Lewis", but to the citizens who live there, in their native gaellic, call their Island "Na H-Eileanan an Iar".

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 19/4/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
This is an interesting article about a mystery man that appeared at the Tokyo Airport in 1954, with a passport from a country named Taured, and then later mysteriously disappeared from a hotel room.

It's a rather interesting story that I wanted to share. Considering that it's an older story, many people may know about it, but I thought it was worth sharing. I don't have the time at the moment for further research, but I'll look into it more after work. Maybe some fellow ATS member has some additional information to contribute.

______beforeitsnews/story/2026/509/Strange_Man_From_Alternate_Reality_Arrives_In_Tokyo.html

The man who arrived in Japan that day in 1954 was certainly a stranger in a strange land. A Westerner in the land of the East, he towered above most of the Japanese people milling about the Tokyo airport complex. But soon, amazed customs officials found the man was more than just a stranger in their midst. The impossible man was a stranger from a stranger world—a world that existed in another universe entirely!

While the customs officials were confused, the subject of their bewilderment grew increasingly angry. He claimed he was in Japan on business, the third such trip that year. He'd been traveling to Japan for more than five years and his company was a subsidiary of a growing international conglomerate.

While it was true that the man's passport corroborated his story—the document had many previous custom's and visa stamps—no record of his country existed. And when the company he claimed to have pending meetings with was contacted they stated categorically they never heard of him, nor of the company he said he represented

The man spoke several languages including Japanese. He said his native language was French and when shown a map of the world expressed what seemed to be genuine shock that his country wasn't on it.

He told officials that Taured was located where the Principality of Andorra, part of Spain, and part of France was shown on the map. He was adamant that no such country as Andorra existed and his country had existed for almost 1,000 years.

Yeah, well, but... where is the evidences?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
if you have ever visited Andorra you probably wont think this story is unusual.
its a very interesting place.

I've the action figure of your avatar.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
CAELENIUM,

Andorrans speak catalan and they call Andorra, Andorra

Portugal is Portugal in portuguese. Lusitania was the name of the roman province.

Customs know how to deal with this stuff, they do it all day long. It's kind of vital for the job.
Surprising mindset that makes people in the 50s, complete idiots. They were probably more cultured and knowledgable than the average man today. Explaining this story by the idiocy of the airport officials is almost offensive and certainly not believable.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
CAELENIUM,

Andorrans speak catalan and they call Andorra, Andorra

Portugal is Portugal in portuguese. Lusitania was the name of the roman province.

Customs know how to deal with this stuff, they do it all day long. It's kind of vital for the job.
Surprising mindset that makes people in the 50s, complete idiots. They were probably more cultured and knowledgable than the average man today. Explaining this story by the idiocy of the airport officials is almost offensive and certainly not believable.

Thankyou for responding. I suggest to you that "Catalan" is a provence inside of Spain, not Portugal as you are trying to make out. Catalanese is a minority language within Spain. Not the same as the language of the Portugese at all. Spain and Portugal are completely different countries having very little in common with each other. The capital of Spain is Madrid. The capital of Portugal [lusitannia] is Lisbon. As regard to the idiotic mind set of border staff, well be intelligent. Every one knows what a bunch of wankers they are. The name for it is "Zenophobia".
edit on 19/4/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I suppose it's a little interesting that he should come from an alternate reality country named after Taurus, or The Bull. Andorra is geographically very close to Barcelona in northern Spain, which among other things was a big center for bullfighting (until they were banned in 2011). So in whatever alternate reality the guy came from, it's not completely ridiculous that his country would be named after bulls.

"Taurus" Etymology

Now, where this bull worship came from is hard to say. The Cretans and Minoans were big on bulls. And it would naturally be worth mentioning that bull worship was a component of that other lost land, Atlantis. The concentric circles of Atlantis's capital city gave rise to the darts term "bull's eye." And there is speculation that the original settlers of Andorra were Basque, who are sometimes said to be the remaining survivors of an Atlantean outpost.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

it has been my experience , since the early 70s that all passports have the official name of the nation , in its own language [ and alphabet , if approrirate ] and the standard english name of the nation

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
seems an interesting prospect, to slip into another reality which is closer in sync with ours with enough difference to have evolved different country names but not different language.

that said there are other examples to be found

"Other people have claimed to come from lands not known to exist. In 1851 a certain Joseph Vorin came to the attention of the German authorities; he said he was from Laxaria, in a country called Sakria.

In 1905 a young man was arrested in Paris; he spoke an unknown language but managed to convey that he was a citizen of Lisbian - not, it should be stressed, Lisbon.

I'd like to think alternate realities exist on different timelines, not sure how one could traverse such dimensional boundaries and it's certainly outside the stretch of modern day reality as we know it.
edit on 19-4-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by psyan
en.wikipedia.org...

Know your facts before posting anything.

Hey maybe next time learn to read the OP properly before jumping to wikipedia, speedy.

He says HIS country suppose to be where Andorra is now.

read fail.

____

To the OP, yeah its a nice read there, who knows what wonderful things are out there!
. You're assuming he read the article? More credit than I gave him.
edit on 19-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join