It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is an interesting article about a mystery man that appeared at the Tokyo Airport in 1954, with a passport from a country named Taured, and then later mysteriously disappeared from a hotel room.

It's a rather interesting story that I wanted to share. Considering that it's an older story, many people may know about it, but I thought it was worth sharing. I don't have the time at the moment for further research, but I'll look into it more after work. Maybe some fellow ATS member has some additional information to contribute.

______beforeitsnews/story/2026/509/Strange_Man_From_Alternate_Reality_Arrives_In_Tokyo.html

The man who arrived in Japan that day in 1954 was certainly a stranger in a strange land. A Westerner in the land of the East, he towered above most of the Japanese people milling about the Tokyo airport complex. But soon, amazed customs officials found the man was more than just a stranger in their midst. The impossible man was a stranger from a stranger world—a world that existed in another universe entirely!

While the customs officials were confused, the subject of their bewilderment grew increasingly angry. He claimed he was in Japan on business, the third such trip that year. He'd been traveling to Japan for more than five years and his company was a subsidiary of a growing international conglomerate.

While it was true that the man's passport corroborated his story—the document had many previous custom's and visa stamps—no record of his country existed. And when the company he claimed to have pending meetings with was contacted they stated categorically they never heard of him, nor of the company he said he represented

The man spoke several languages including Japanese. He said his native language was French and when shown a map of the world expressed what seemed to be genuine shock that his country wasn't on it.

He told officials that Taured was located where the Principality of Andorra, part of Spain, and part of France was shown on the map. He was adamant that no such country as Andorra existed and his country had existed for almost 1,000 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That is some twilight zone stuff right there. Interesting story to say the least. It certainly would screw up your business plans

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sounds like an argument for parallel universes some how touching.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wonder if his world was any better than this one. Maybe this world will wake up but it's a drowsy wakeup and is taking forever. There isn't presently enough coffee in the world to wake everyone up. I wonder if the port is going to open so I can go to the other side. I'll probably just wind up in a worse reality
My luck would be to go to the only one that is worse than this place.
Maybe I better forget I ever heard of this

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There is a company named Taured with locations in luxembourg, Germany, and Russia. ?!?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Very interesting. I had to look this up, and this has happened numerous times in the past...

Dark Stories

I really can't much about this, but it could either be plausible to the point where alternate realities do in fact exist, or these are nothing but folklore hoaxes...Good thread though

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wonderful read.

Not buying it as fact though.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Know your facts before posting anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What a day this bloke was having!
What if he did'nt go home when he disappeared and now he's been jumping the multiverses ever since the fifties.
Maybe thats where the idea for the old series Quantum Leap came from

+65 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by psyan

The man was saying that Taured was where Andorra was on the map, and Andorra didn't exist in "his" reality...it exist in ours, as you have shown with your link.

He told officials that Taured was located where the Principality of Andorra, part of Spain, and part of France was shown on the map. He was adamant that no such country as Andorra existed and his country had existed for almost 1,000 years

edit on 16-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
IF our realities are simular to different radio stations, (this being one frequency, and other dimensions in other frequencies) like some lines of thinking propose, and there's a bit of "interference", then maybe it's "possible" to have this happen. Just walk down a foggy lane and come out in another version of the earth. Maybe if that version of reality is true, then you might also be able to gain control and jump from one reality to another for lulz. I dunno, just pondering.

Until this is some how do-able and understandable with our sciences, it's just a nice story. A story to make you ponder a little.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by psyan

The guy didn't indicate he was from Andorra, only that he pointed on a map and his country was supposed to be situated where the Principality of Andorra lies.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

Yeah, some guys will come up with any excuse for not making it home at night. I wonder what his wife said when he came home a day late?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

This reminds me of a short story I read lately in A Science Fiction Argosy - edited by Damon Knight.

The story was named He Walked Around the Horses by H. Beam Piper.

The setting was in Prussia, circa 1809. A Benjamin Bathurst stepped across a dimensional boundary into an alternate timeline where the North American patriots had been defeated. While many of the people and places remained the same, the circumstances that people found themselves in were dramatically changed. The story never reveals the technical nature of crossing timelines.
edit on 16-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
good read thank you.

talk about jet lag.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here are a few additional links for The Man from Taured that I've been able to find.

maliceinsunderland.weebly.com...
kritterbox.com...
www.dark-stories.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am searching for the photo of this person, if anyone can lead me to a link or anything else remotely associated to this article it would be most appreciated.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by daydoesez

Yeah, some guys will come up with any excuse for not making it home at night. I wonder what his wife said when he came home a day late?

Sooooooo boss, I would have made the meeting but I was in a time slip/ different dimension. I am happy to report however that I did attend a meeting with individuals on the other side.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(The_Twilight_Zone)

I was wondering why it was familiar. The only difference in that episode was that they could hear the girl, but could not see her. Creeeeepy when I was young.

+70 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyan
en.wikipedia.org...

Know your facts before posting anything.

Hey maybe next time learn to read the OP properly before jumping to wikipedia, speedy.

He says HIS country suppose to be where Andorra is now.

read fail.

____

To the OP, yeah its a nice read there, who knows what wonderful things are out there!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join