It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Basically I'm new to lucid dreaming, and I got a few questions to people who already tried it

I really wanna try lucid dreaming, cause it seems amazing. I've read alot of stories and techniques about it. So I really wanna give it a shot. But I have a few questions:

1: Is it possible to get sleep paralysis instead of a lucid dream?
Because sleep paralysis sounds scary.

2: Some people say lucid dreaming is dangerous, well is it actually?
Like what is the worst thing that can happen?

3: I'm really afraid of demons, If i try lucid dreaming
there's no way I could see a demon right? xD

I've also read everyone can do lucid dreaming no matter what,
as long as you try really hard and you use the right technique.
So if you guys answer my questions and tell me it's really worth doing it.
I will probably give it a go
. I know most of you will be like what a useless thread.
But this means alot to me though.
Anyways thanks for reading guys

-Crash

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

1)Yes you can get sleep paralysis at any time. For me any weird consciousness states including being conscious while dreaming cause sleep paralysis to become quite common.

2)Only as dangerous as dreaming is anyway (Not dangerous)

3) You can see demons any time. I don't link sleep paralysis or Lucid dreaming with Demons, but I would connect seeing demons with experiencing astral travel (Out of body experience)

These things ARE all interrelated to an extent. I don't try to lucid dream I just do sometimes. It was a bi-product of my meditation practice. I can fly now, in my dreams, though Im not great at flying fast anymore, looks more like swimming or something.

I realize im dreaming in the middle of most of my dreams now. Funny thing for me is that My dream characters all turn against me when I notice I am dreaming. It's like Inception sometimes.

edit on 4/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

How do u make sure u have a lucid dream instead of an out of body experience?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

That's pretty easy since it's very hard to have an out of body experience.

If you want to go lucid, just question what is real, all the time.
I use my ability to fly. as soon as flying works to get over a wall or whatever, my brain goes, "oh dang, I can't fly in real life, THIS IS a dream!"

Getting out of body is something that you mainly do while awake. I have only gotten out a few times out of years of trying.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
even with an out of body experince you're still within yourself. you don't really leave your body. everything you're seeing right now is happening within you. the inner dimensions are a reflection of the outer ones. To see something in space 20 billion miles away within yourself would be the same as sending a drone to go out there and look. if you go into a lucid dream consciously you'll probably pass through sleep paralysis stage. lucid dreams have become common on their own for me. any little thing will set it off. like the remote control not being where i left it, anything really

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Of course all is Within. But the grammar gets weird if you talk like that...
I agree with what you are saying though.
It's all different projections of I.
Into different parts of I.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Ive found a way to induce it!

I havent figured out all the details but i like to cook, and my favorite is spagetti witha heavy sauce. I like extra spice and garlic in it so i lay it on pretty heavy. Everytime without fail i make this and the dreams are beyond what words could describe, so vivid. I think its a form of alchemy sort of but it has something to do with garlic,basil, bayleaves, crushed peppercorn, oregano, and parsley. A combination of some or maybe all of those will induce these highly detailed dreams, with me anyways.

Sometimes i think i can see the future as Deja Vu is almost an everyday occurance or sometimes i think its displaying an alternate universe because things are the same but everything is different, like i said words cant do the job describing what its like. All i know is how angry i get when i wake up from them because i wasnt done yet or didnt find out about something important and i spend the rest of the week trying to figure out WTF i saw.

Had to add, An OBE is like walking around in your head with your imagination, anything and everything becomes possible and it makes you think if the real world can be the same way.
edit on 16-4-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy
Basically I'm new to lucid dreaming, and I got a few questions to people who already tried it

I really wanna try lucid dreaming, cause it seems amazing. I've read alot of stories and techniques about it. So I really wanna give it a shot. But I have a few questions:

I've also read everyone can do lucid dreaming no matter what,
as long as you try really hard and you use the right technique.
So if you guys answer my questions and tell me it's really worth doing it.
I will probably give it a go
. I know most of you will be like what a useless thread.
But this means alot to me though.
Anyways thanks for reading guys

-Crash

1-you get sleep paralysis every night when you're asleep
so your body does not act out what you're dreaming. being aware of sleep paralysis is a sign of progress
the body and the ego create the fears associated with sp to prevent you from progressing. overcome your disempowering programing.

2- Some people are sheep and content with their lot
they dont want others to empower themselves, so they fearmonger and lie
i'll bet the Some people you reference are religious leaders.

3- "Oh nobly born, whatever terrifying visions thou mayest perceive,
know that they are merely your own thought-forms"
-Bardo Thodol-

books here:

lucid dreaming www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

lucid dreaming can lead to astral projection www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

also practice meditation
this will speed things up

edit on 16-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added video

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest you check out Dreamviews

They are a large community based on Lucid Dreaming with excellent guides that can help
you achieve lucidity. Their forum is also filled with even more guides along with very helpful
members.

This site has helped me achieve lucid dreaming many times.

----

1. - Sleep paralysis is usually needed in order to achieve lucidity depending on technique.
It puts your body to sleep, yet your mind needs to stay awake through this experience. It
isnt too scary of a thing to go through. I've heard loud bangs in sleep paralysis that end up
jolting me up, but that's about in my experience. Just remember that everything you experience
while in SP isn't real or is exaggerated.

2. Lucid dreaming is NOT dangerous in any way, shape or form.

3: That really depends on your mindset. If anything "scary" pops up, just remember
that you are dreaming and have full control over it.

-Lucid Dreaming is not something that can be achieved in one night. It takes much practice
to actually be able to achieve lucidity depending on your technique. How long? It all depends
on the person who practices it. It took me a over a month of practice (with breaks) and a lot
of reading to finally get my first lucid experience. Which was great, but only lasted maybe 10
seconds.
edit on 4/16/2012 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thanks so far for all the help and tips!
I really wanna try it but I've just read about many people who commented
their sleep paralysis was terrifying. When they were paralyzed, they said it sometimes occur with alien encounters, Black shadows, strange things crawling on top of you while you can't move,.. I've read that on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... (Check out some responses)
What are the chances I might be hallucinating when I'm sleep paralysis about stuff like that? Because it sounds really terrifying.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I have actually gotten used to sleep paralysis. If you do not try to hard to break free, but instead just lie there patiently, then you will not have fear. I also think most things people see while paralyzed are created from their own minds. I have only ever had voices/shadows when struggling to move. My EGO didn't like this state, but I don't mind anymore.

It's actually the best way to get over being a control freak, when you can't even control your own body.

I'm always more lucid if I am taking a nap in the day time, or If I stayed up all night before and need to catch up on sleep. Valerian root has helped me become extremely lucid in the past. Setting off alarms and getting up in the middle of the night breaking up your sleep pattern really works quite well too.
edit on 4/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Alright, thanks for all the help man!
Really appreciate it

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm new to this also but I've had 2 of them. I started with a technique I read on a website. It said, throughout the day, ask yourself, "Am I dreaming?" while looking at your surroundings. Then look at your open palm and try to make an apple appear. If the apple appears, you know it's a dream.

It sounds silly but it worked for me when I didn't think it would. I asked the question whenever I thought of it. I'd touch the wall, look around and ask myself if I'm dreaming, then try and make the apple. It was fun for about a week then my mind wandered to other things. A short time after I stopped trying, I had my first lucid dream. I think I wasn't having them at first because I was trying too hard. When I relaxed, it started for me.

I was watching a good movie, in the middle of the day, on the couch. Next thing I know, I'm standing talking with a group of people talking my arse off (I'm usually shy and quiet so this is unusual). I knew that I knew them and felt comfortable. Then the thought occurred to me "Wait a minute, wasn't I watching a movie?" I stepped away from the group and they continued talking. I was confused, excited and very scared. I looked at my hand and said "Am I dreaming" and the apple appeared. I started freaking out then and almost woke myself up but I started looking around and wanted to see more. Everything, even the people I was talking to were in shades of pastel colors. I saw a city up ahead (looked like a few miles away cause I could only see the shapes of pastel colored buildings) and took a step towards it. The steps felt like I was in slow motion at first. The more steps I took the more calm I felt and I was walking toward the city. I didn't wake up after that but that's all I can remember. The next time it happened, I didn't have to do the apple thing to know I was dreaming.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Flip the light switch when you walk in a room. You can't control the light in your dreams for some reason. If you flip the switch and nothing happens...your dreaming. Or you can place post it notes around the house that say "Are you dreaming", "are you awake", etc...Both of these techniques will help you induce lucid dreaming when your asleep. I listened to my Brother talk about this stuff and lucid dreaming for a week. Before you knew it I was lucid dreaming. The sub conscious is a powerful thing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I might have had a lucid dream last night. I did loads of reality checks during the past few days. When I was laying in my bed I started saying in myself: I will have a lucid dream tonight, without having SP and I will remember that dream in the morning. After I said that a couple of times, I started imagining a dream i had a few days ago. I imagined the dream signs that should've forced me to do a reality check in my dream. I was doing the MILD Technique. I was really confident to have my first lucid dream. The next morning I woke up, I didn't move at all, I had my eyes closed and I tried to remember my dream. So I could write it down in my dream journal. But I couldn't remember anything at all, which really got me mad ;o. I remember atleast one dream per night over the last 2 weeks. How come I didn't remember this one? Is it because I ate something right before I went to sleep, can it affect your dream recall? So now I'm gonna try to improve my dream recall. I'm gonna stop doing reality checks until i have a great dream recall, good idea?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming always fascinated me, but I've never tried to force it. It just happens sometimes. I've read about many techniques like the ones mentioned here, but never really tried them. I spend much of my time writing, reading and play video games. I'm often up late so I don't really think about dreams when it comes time to sleep. My mind is always occupied with something up to moment I fall asleep. When I do dream I hardly remember them, but the ones I do remember are the ones where I had control.

As a gamer I often find myself getting immersed in the many worlds that populate gaming. This how my Lucid Dreams start; I'm playing a game. As I continue to play I seem to zone out and the television screen gets closer and closer until I can sense the world around me in crystal clear detail. I become the avatar within the game. I now have control over all my actions, yet I'm bound by the rules set forth in the game. For instance, if there is no jump feature, I'm fully grounded, but can still leap over gaps and chasms when the need arises. As bizarre as this sounds, it feels completely natural to me and I don't question it. I'm fully aware that I'm dreaming, but I know that it is my other self (the me that is playing the game) that is controlling what I do. It's weird, but it is also an amazing experience.

Do you guys think this could be turned into a viable technique to induce lucidity?

edit on 17-5-2012 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

Yes, I really think you can use that technique to induce lucidity

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I remember 3 different dreams last night! I'm so happy, because this is the first time I remember more then one dream per night. I wrote those 3 down in my dream journal. Really weird dreams to be honest
. I did a reality check every 15 minutes throughout the entire day before I went to sleep last night. And yet I didn't have my first lucid dream
. I'm gonna keep on trying, I'm using the MILD Technique, not the WILD Technique. Is it possible to lucid dream every night once you get the hang of it?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Cool. I'll have to work on that then.

Remembering multiple dreams would be awesome. I'm lucky if I can remember one.

Have any of you been in Lucid Dream where you could talk to your Id or your Ego? If so, what was it like?

I've fancied meeting my Id, but I'm also leery of it. To become the person I am today I feel I may have had to suppress certain parts of my personality. My friends and family look at me as balanced, but I wonder if that is an apt observation? I was a very violent youth; the type with a very short fuse. If I didn't get my way or something just made me angry someone usually got hurt. I hated who I was so went into myself and forced myself to change. I did this over night which freaked my family out, but they certainly liked who I'd become. Do you think meeting the Id would be dangerous in this case. Would it some how harbor resentment towards me?

I always get this feeling like I've imprisoned that part of me and if it was ever let out it would try to destroy me. My own personal demon if you will. I've heard there is no danger when in a dream yet our minds will wake up if it's perceived to be in danger. I've heard you can die in your dreams. So would it in fact be dangerous to release your inner demon? How would you maintain control?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

Goodluck with remembering more dreams :p.
And if you die in a lucid dream, you won't die in real life, you probably just wake up.
About releasing your inner demon, I have no idea about that to be honest. It might be possible
to control it, but I'm not sure though. Always remember, it's just a dream

edit on 19-5-2012 by Crashyy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join