It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US people (and the world) Suffering from PTSD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Recently I became aware of a less heralded movement by the great man known as Martin Luther King Jr.
It was called the Poor Peoples Movement – encompassing all people who to demand fair treatment and equal wage from Washington. Thousands were planning to descend upon Washington with many already camping out on the lawn (sound familiar?). The central piece was an “Economic Bill of Rights”. Days before he was planning to make his speech – he was assassinated. Being led out on a balcony by a gentlemen who has done quite well for himself since…

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Campaign

Though MLK is essentially a small piece in a larger picture – as someone stated to me on here- anyone who consciously or not worked to empower the people regardless of profession or views has been “thrown off the freedom train” when the stakes were the highest.

Something – perhaps some spiritual awakening – happened in the 60s where the veil was lifted from the public and things were on track to being better. This panicked the…others…and they capitalized on the dashed hopes and confusion that they left in the wake of our collective deflated dreams.

Now – Lets think about the Controversial election in 2000. It’s pretty safe to say that the election was stolen. Wars occurred that we still grasp to make meaning of. Katrina was purposely mishandled and we watched as our human brothers and sisters lay dying , or drowning, in the street.
And the list goes on.

*edit - for the republicans this can also be seen as to how the Rep Nomination Elections were [mis]handled.

We carry these things around in our mind and we have subconsciously decided that our life is not our own and have ACCEPTED that nothing makes sense. We have placed our hands in the sand because we feel that it is the safest place to be.

It’s not.

We are all suffering from trauma and must identify that now the stakes are the highest and get our heads out of the sand, backsides off the couch and and our minds out of the common man's intellectual gutter

edit on 16-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
the problem is your leaders are leading you to hell. take one look at the romney. does he look like he'll give a crap what happens to you if he's elected.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree with the head in the sand thanks to the public fool system and propaganda people have thrown off the law and until we get our heads out of the sand and start waking up to the law and not the hype we will always be in trouble. Like to recommend reading over the following threads and let me know what you think.
Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Treason by Design

www.abovetopsecret.com...
PAC Patriot Miss Beliefs

edit on 16-4-2012 by drmeola because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've been thinking a lot along these lines for a while now. I have researched DID and MPD since I got to know someone who had MPD. I came to understand that it was as if I had a very slight case of DID, and began to notice the signs of it in other people.

One could make a case that online internet personas are as if a form of DID. One could also make the case that our mask we wear in society is yet another persona.

I feel that most people are fractured quite a bit. They have a self they show to their close friends, a self they show to the general public, a self to show for business situations, and a self that they rarely get to know...the source, subconscious, higher self..etc...

It seems that most people are every so slightly aware that things are very off. These are what you would refer to as the SJ's from an Myers-Briggs Jungian take (google: MBTI) . They make up about 45% of the population, and have an innate neural structure so as to defend the social contract and status quo by any means necessary. The other part of the bulk is the SP's, and they are able to think a little on the "what if" side of things, but still feel it best not to buck the system.

Then you come to the NJ's and NP's. The NJ's are tasked with imagining the future, and manipulating people into their vision of the way things must be done. NP's are a little more unsure about their vision, as new possibilities are constantly reshaping the image, and are also more laid back about how to implement their vision, or even if it should be in the first place.

So who is most likely to have PTSD
It's the NF's. The idealists the ones who dream up a best case scenario, and feel that their vision can, and should be implemented, and nothing else will suffice. They will feel incomplete, and even unreal when they are asked to perform in ways that are not in tune with their vision and ideals. The more friction between the social norms, and their vision, the more unreal they become. Eventually they fracture into many pieces.

I think that you are likely an Idealist, OP. I think you project your ideals onto the average individual, and feel that they must be as broken as you, but they just aren't aware of it, and must be suffering from some sort of PTSD as you may be.

PTSD is pretty hardcore, though. I don't think most people are suffering from it, rather they are being pressured to have microfractures in their psyche.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

star both of you.

lol at public FOOl system. Indeed.

I will look over your thoughts and reply shortly.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the problem is your leaders are leading you to hell. take one look at the romney. does he look like he'll give a crap what happens to you if he's elected.

About as much as Obama does, which is to say not at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Whoa. you just blew my mind.

I have logged this information in the mental databank.

Clearly , then, the battle must be between the NJ's - the manipulators to succeed in their vision. and the NFs- the ones who believe that their vision benefits everyone and - unable to manipulate - rather fractures their reality as they can not deal in the world created for them by the NJs.

...We need an NF super hero X-men training school to harness these powers...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
PTSD means "we discovered what we screwed up and our Conscience isn't going to let us forget that we ignored it"? That's not necessarily the same thing as the Soldiers are going through.

It's better to stick our heads in the sand than the pile of crap that they are offering us

edit on 16-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

It's a bit more complicated than that, actually.

NJ's can manipulate for good, and NF's can be NJ's, too!! NF's can also be incredibly evil

The MBTI is a personality assessment.

It has four axis, and each is recorded as a degree of function.

1) Introvered -- Extroverted

2) Sensation -- Intuition

3) Thinking -- Feeling

4) Perception -- Judgment

So you can have an INFJ, who is an idealist, but also highly manipulative when she feels it's best. The thing is, the INFJ can be very unhealthy and have a warped perception of the world, and what is best. Think: Hitler

An Example of a rational (NT) who is highly manipulative, but for the good would be like my mom. She is an executive VP for a company, and has to intuit several steps ahead of everyone she's working. She has to manipulate situations for efficiency, and effectiveness of her vision on what must be done. What is the end result? 100+ employees, and many, many people are satisfied with the work and services performed. The employees get to feed their families, push their selves to meet quotas, and feel a sense of accomplishment from being manipulated so well. The ones who can't hang with the fact that the boss is more intelligent than them get cut.

Sometimes it's best to manipulate. It depends on how much the individual can handle the truth, and how well their psyche can efficiently process it as well. If they're not on the level, lie. We all do it, whether we admit it to ourselves or not.
edit on 16-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

But speaking of what the mouse above mentioned.

PTSD doesn't mean exclusively battle or waking up with sweats. But rather a complete disjoinment as your conscious will not allow you to deal with something you are trying to ignore.

I believe with the way we are constantly being bombarded with bad news and horrors (watch a cable news channel and after 5 minutes you will be apathtic to the reports of loss life) , large scale global meltdown, and finacial chrises - for most people PTSD has not set in yet - much like people in long term truama situations have become accustomed and can function within it.

for the ones have realized... those are the people who go off the deep end.
..but more research is of course needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I already found that I had my head buried in the crap, took it out, washed off, and pretend to hide my head in the sand.
It doesn't bother me that I screwed up, I learned from my mistake of getting caught up in the world, I decided it is time to try to fix things instead of complaining about them. Now I seem to be burying my head in Dung

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

Something – perhaps some spiritual awakening – happened in the 60s where the veil was lifted from the public and things were on track to being better. This panicked the…others…and they capitalized on the dashed hopes and confusion that they left in the wake of our collective deflated dreams.

Pisces ended in 1964. All of the evil crap that has happened since, including 9/11, has been engaged in by a group of people who are aware that they are running out of time, and who are basically terrified as a result.

Twilight of the Psychopaths

new topics

top topics

join