It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anders Breivik trial: LIVE UPDATES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Anders Breivik trial: LIVE UPDATES

endthelie.com

09:50 GMT: After the 12-minute video the court will break for lunch.

09:48 GMT: Breivik was crying as his manifesto video was shown in court.

09.45 GMT: Breivik’s propaganda video is being shown in court right now. The video was uploaded to YouTube before the bombing. Holden warned the media to turn off the cameras if they want to.

09:32 GMT: Pictures of Breivik’s farm are shown. This is the place where he manufactured the bomb that was detonated in Oslo.

Police made a bomb following instructions given from Breivik and tested it. Instructions drawn by Breivik himself are demo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is happening right now, with live updates on Endthelie.com.

Will be very interesting to see how this turns out, especially with his "self Defense" plea.

I think the only problem most people will have with the outcome is Norway's prison system is nothing like ours in the US, and some may feel the punishment does not fit the crime.

What are your thoughts?

endthelie.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/16/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I was watching the trial live on BBC news this morning. Breivik was smiling to himself at times when his deeds were getting read out. He looked cold and calculating to say the least.

I was definitly looking at a twisted human being.

He deserves everything he gets IMO. 76 innocent lives gone. As you say though he may have an easy time in jail.

His self defence plea is a joke. I think they need to decide whether he is sane or not, apparently they have two conflicting reports from two different psychologists. One thinks he's sane, the other thinks he's a schizophrenic.
edit on 16/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The trial finished for 2 hours ago, so no, it's not live..

But OT; This guy is pretty sick, smiling to the victims and victims families, crying during his own video.

What is kinda weird with all this is that they claimed he had paranoid-schizofreni cause he kept claiming he was a commander in the Knights Templar, but yet he remains so calm and is not showing any kind of symptoms on the claims, so now they claim he's normal, but still he holds on to the same explanation he's given :p

It's like he's insane but not
Meh, humans never ceases to surprise me!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spire

I thought it was live this morning. They kept cutting the broadcast due to some evidence having a broadcats ban on it. Perhaps it was a delayed transmission. I was watching it at around 11:30 GMT.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by spire

I thought it was live this morning. They kept cutting the broadcast due to some evidence having a broadcats ban on it. Perhaps it was a delayed transmission. I was watching it at around 11:30 GMT.

Yeah, It'll be live again tomorrow morning and you'll hear Breivik speak tomorrow aswell, which he didn't do today.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

I'll be catching what I can but I'm on the early shift tomorrow morning so wont be back home until 2pm. It will be mostly over for the day by then.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by spire

I'll be catching what I can but I'm on the early shift tomorrow morning so wont be back home until 2pm. It will be mostly over for the day by then.

Nah I think you'll still have 2 hours to go by then ^^ So you'll catch something when you get back!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i saw the news on that day Brevik did those attacks, now i see him in court, and read about the background here and there, and i must admit:
THIS is where you are at, if your shizo-mind is totally consumed with conspiracy, and you live in total denial of anything which might explain you a few things here and there.
That guy created his own world, his own plan and decides to proceed.

my bet is, that he learns a few lessons in court and realizes what he made wrong.
Once figuring at which point and at what time he got the wrong impression of things around him he'll turn into a suicidal wreck.
thats what i think and what i expect to happen, cause at some point his self-created illusion he lives in will collaps.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire
Yeah, It'll be live again tomorrow morning and you'll hear Breivik speak tomorrow aswell, which he didn't do today.

i doubt you'll hear a complete speech from Brevik, cause from his motives he tried drawing attention with his attacks and giving him a free speech with that much public attention would influence his behaviour knowing that a broad audience would have heard what he said.
This is a trial, and just people sitting in the courtroom will hear it.
And these people sit there to judge him, and will judge about what he said.
The public has a chance to gather his full speech by sitting in the audience, but recording it will not be allowed for above reasons.
The same rules are in place about details what he did up to a specific point.
Some details are too intense for the broad public, and would violate the vicitms privacy, so there will be a ban on specific things regarding the trial.

And before anyone starts whining about they might hide something..
In most of europe there are higher standards regarding the privacy of people than in the US.
Where we have court-tv and give a F-word on privacy, they do the big picture on things and decide what might violate these privacy laws.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire
The trial finished for 2 hours ago, so no, it's not live..

But OT; This guy is pretty sick, smiling to the victims and victims families, crying during his own video.

What is kinda weird with all this is that they claimed he had paranoid-schizofreni cause he kept claiming he was a commander in the Knights Templar, but yet he remains so calm and is not showing any kind of symptoms on the claims, so now they claim he's normal, but still he holds on to the same explanation he's given :p

It's like he's insane but not
Meh, humans never ceases to surprise me!

I think the whole trial is about figuring wether he is mentally ill, or not, cause the evidence that it was HIM doing these attacks is so overwhelming that they are considered undisputable.. we'll see that later in the trial.
i think the defense has not that many options in trying to weaken much of this evidence brought forward by the state attorneys.

Wether or not he is mentally ill is a VERY tough question which can basically just be answered by a professional expert, which will appear later in the trial too.
Yesterday there was an expert on the subject on TV giving a brief preview into the matter and he stated that a specific measure of intelligence can actually rule out a mental illness.

This means .. if they figure that you are for example a totally narcistic entity, totally in love with you, yourself and nothing much else than yourself, and act out of it, you are not mentally ill if you are smart enough to know about that.

So where is the point someone can be sure wether to be mentally ill or not ?

There will be testifying experts on behalf of the state attorney, and possibly testifying experts on behalf of the defense and its a decision for the court whom to believe in this.

All whats going on in the courtroom will draw a picture about Breivik.
and i say: Lets just see at which point his reality pops like a soap bubble and he figures the real dimension of what he did.
this is what i expect and wait for.
..maybe as an evidence he is smart enough to question his own actions ?
But i bet his long opening speech will open him the door to a padded cell where he can hop around and develop a whole new world for his twisted mind for a good portion of his life

top topics

join