It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice.gov downed by Anonymous-claimed attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The US Department of Justice site was down, reportedly due to a DDoS attack by an Anonymous hacktivist group member. Earlier, the CIA’s site fell victim to a similar assault, but managed to get back on track.

Brazilian hacker group Anonymous member Havittaja has claimed responsibility for the so-called DDoS attacks on the Department of Justice and CIA websites. On his Twitter microblog he posted that the CIA site was offline for an hour and a half. He said it was done for the “lulz”, referring to the popular online abbreviation “for laughs.” More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

endthelie.com...

It doesn't seem like anyone even really cares anymore. lulz

This is my only problem with Anonymous, any jackass with a little computer program can try and shut down websites, claim to be a part of Anonymous, claim the obligatory "I did it for the Lulz", then make everyone look bad.

Other than that I think they've done a lot of good stuff, especially with regards to outing Scientology for what it really is.

edit on 4/16/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Another needle prick at the beast. Death by a thousand cuts, maybe?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof

The US Department of Justice site was down, reportedly due to a DDoS attack by an Anonymous hacktivist group member. Earlier, the CIA’s site fell victim to a similar assault, but managed to get back on track.

Brazilian hacker group Anonymous member Havittaja has claimed responsibility for the so-called DDoS attacks on the Department of Justice and CIA websites. On his Twitter microblog he posted that the CIA site was offline for an hour and a half. He said it was done for the “lulz”, referring to the popular online abbreviation “for laughs.” More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

endthelie.com...

It doesn't seem like anyone even really cares anymore. lulz

This is my only problem with Anonymous, any jackass with a little computer program can try and shut down websites, claim to be a part of Anonymous, claim the obligatory "I did it for the Lulz", then make everyone look bad.

Other than that I think they've done a lot of good stuff, especially with regards to outing Scientology for what it really is.

edit on 4/16/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

1. This is propaganda to push internet censorship.
2. If we have the technology to harness power from the sun, shoot rods from space, and fly missiles at Mach 6 speeds, finding the location of a idiotic hacker shouldn't be a problem.
3. Someone who shuts down something as important as a US Department server and then brags about it on Twitter is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just a bunch of worthless hackers with absolutely nothing to offer society. The one celled losers of the electronic world.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Just a bunch of worthless hackers with absolutely nothing to offer society. The one celled losers of the electronic world.

No it's worse than that

these are agent-provocateurs!

new topics

top topics

join