It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holograms at Coachella

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
American Idol Elvis & Celine Dion Duet "If I Can Dream"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
American Idol Elvis & Celine Dion Duet "If I Can Dream"

If this is a hologram of elvis it is very very good. I really canĀ“t say if it is a actor/double or a hologram.
This could mean that after the big leap in video editing software that you cant even believe what you see live with your own eyes!

"I see dead people"
(The sixth sense)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Its done by an overhead projector which then bounces the projection off a mirror
onto a see through mylar screen...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
Its done by an overhead projector which then bounces the projection off a mirror
onto a see through mylar screen...

Yes.

The Tupac "Hologram" wasn't really a true hologram at all, but rather an updated version of old special effects technology, dating back to the 19th century.

This film of Tupac at Coachella was something called a "Pepper's Ghost", named after John Henry Pepper, who devised this effect back in the late 1800's using mirrors, angled glass screens, and lights.

Explanation and demonstration video

For people up close to the "projected image", such as Snoop Dog was when he was on stage, the projection would have not been visible. For example, Snoop Dog would not have been able to see the projection of Tupac, but Snoop instead would have seen the 45-degree slanted glass projection screen.

That's not to say that this was not a very well executed effect -- it was fantastic-looking. However, it isn't really a hologram, but rather a 2-D image projected on a highly specialized screen. The company who makes this markets it as a "hologram", but its own brochures explain that it is a 2-D projection.

edit on 4/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Great explanation, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join