It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Ahmed Suspended From Labor Party For Allegedly Offering £10-Million Bounty On Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by dragonsrreal

Guess he dosnt want to be a Lord anymore, and at this rate he wont be for much longer.

I thought being a "life peer" was irrevocable? Is that some sort of royal appointment like being knighted?

Yup, once made a Lord it cannot be undone, although the coalition have submitted draft proposals to change this.

Now, it has to be said that Lord Ahmed denies saying this, but it wouldn't be the first time someone has lied about what they said, so I think it should be interesting what the party investigation into this yields.

He could, in theory at least, be investigated for "inciting acts of terrorism" as proposing a bounty on a serving Head of State is a pretty serious thing to do. He wouldn't be protected by Parliamentary priveledge either, as the alledged comments were made outside the House.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know Lord Haw Haw wasnt a real lord but he was executed for treason

en.wikipedia.org...

Is he still in Pakistan or back in the UK now. Whats the bets if he isnt in the UK he takes a long leave of abscence.

Intersting what, someone said about the first Taliban in the House of Lords !

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake
reply to post by leosnake

I think we will soon see in the British House of Lords members of the Taliban
as stupid as that sounds i could see that too eventually, i hate what my country is becoming our politicians are selling us out

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't think 10 million is really enough. With the amount it would cost you to get past the Secret Service, you'd need more than that, purely in order to break even.

edit on 16-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

That would in effect be a treasonable act and they could then be charged as such and if found guilty, be debased by the Monarch

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Yeah, it wouldn't be a profitable venture!

Pay a $100 Million and we're in business...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Gonna cost a hell of a lot more than than that to be successful. Anyone capable of accomplishing such a task would insist upon the entire British Government as a down payment on the reward.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
He is denying what he has been reported of saying, and that a video tape is available

www.bbc.co.uk...

The video tape has been made available to the Labour Party

wonder when it will be made public

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Obama can announce a bounty on people in the name of "peace" but when someone else does it....

I really hate that you brought this up, because I can't disagree with it. If a government can place a bounty on someone's life, then those government officials can't complain if it's done to them.

Will somebody please offer a logical argument against this!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

....comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

We already had shahid malik saying that the islamic flag will one day be flying over downing street when he was a mp for labour

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

Yep and that Malik guy is quite well known for being a shady individual. In fact, the majority of Labour's Muslim MP's have, at one time or another, let slip their true feelings.

Doesn't actually mean, however, that they are going to get their wish. Whether they like it or not, they are still a tiny minority, even if they are the "majority" in some places like Bradford and they've got another thing coming if they think the English will roll over..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Would be nice if there was a working link?

Something to substantiate this claim?

Tribune article
edit on 16-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

How did this mentally unstable Pakistani become a Baron in the United Kingdom and appointed to the House of Lords?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry.. click happy
edit on 4/16/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well dang it's a shame that it's just a hoax bounty.

For a second I thought that someone was trying to stimulate the US job market.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

How did this mentally unstable Pakistani become a Baron in the United Kingdom and appointed to the House of Lords?

Political cronyism - - he is/was a Labour Party politico & was appointed 1998 - during the LP's term in office.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So he said something so stupid and when he gets called on it it was misquoted or was hacked right? Islam allows muslims to lie to non muslims. the first thing he said is the truth. Its almost funny his mouth spoke before his brain caught it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

By being very cozy in the Labour Party and basically being used as Blairs Muslim poster child by becoming not only the first Muslim peer, but also the youngest ever. Looking at his activities and politics though, it is clear this guy has some questionable beliefs and connections..

Lord Ahmed

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
He states that he never said anything about the bounty on Obama but that he said Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes.
Well he's not wrong on that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join