It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You're not free until you've lost everything. When you have absolutely nothing to your name, you're free. Free to roam the land like some sort of nightmarish apparition in the eyes of others. Few will respect you, most will hate you – but you will be free. They will ask how you live. You tell them you don't just live, you are ALIVE and surviving by being the beast you are. THEY are the ones who are asleep at the wheel of life. YOU are the one who has awoken from the terrible dream of “free” and voluntary enslavement.
They will ask where you live. You tell them you live on planet Earth under the sun, moon and stars – just as they do. You tell them that your home is wherever you wish it to be. That your home is not just a fancy piece of land used for aesthetic gratification. Your home is wherever your heart feels warm. They will ask you what you live for. You tell them you live for love. You live for truth. You live for the countless beautiful souls who never received the opportunity to live. They may not understand at first – but the seeds have been planted. At one point in their lives they will come to realize that what you are doing is shattering the broken system around you in order to pave the way for a new one. They will ask you when you decided to live like this. You will tell them that it was not a drug-induced vision – but a vision from higher powers. Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Many do not know how to love – and therefore cannot see what those who do love see. Love is submitting yourself to a greater power. Once you open your heart (and mind) to love then living like this is easy. Just love. Finally, they will ask why you live. You will tell them you live because you love. Because there is no other way to truly live. You live the way you do because you love living. You love the trees, the grasses, the birds, the insects, the wind, the moon, the stars. You love others – even those you have never met. You love life. You love loving. Your heart is open and your mind is clear and when you achieve this state of nirvana you do not need drugs or alcohol or fear. You have achieved enlightenment. You have become more connected to God than you ever thought possible and life becomes wonderful. There is no need to work for another. You work for yourself. Money means nothing when you have reached this pinnacle. Life keeps moving forward and you move with it. You utilize the Earth in the manner it was meant to be utilized in.

Henry David Thoreau once spoke - “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth”.

I alter this to say, “Rather than fear, than money, than fame – give me love and truth”.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have done this....though originally it wasn't by choice. But given the right frame of mind it can as your OP states be truly freeing to the soul. What it does is prove to the mind that material possesions are simply unnecessary. During that time I would often watch everyone one else scurrying to work like rats working franticallly to fulfil imaginary obligations while I would simply sit back with my packback (containing nothing but an ultralite sleeoing bag, a journal and a spare set of clothes) and ponder what I should do today.

Now I am scurrying along like everyone else, but i often slip back into that mind frame and wonder how everyone can live there live so distracted by things which will not even matter in a moon or so's time.

Tell me TurboLover, have you ever been there? What are your experiences.....?

edit on 16/4/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

I totally agree.

I try to go out to camp out in nature and do some fishing and primitive hunting as often as I can.

As I sit there in the sun and watch out over a lake, or sleep under the stars in my hammock I get this feeling of inner peace I normally just don´t get.

A feeling of belonging, not needing anything, besides my survival gear. I maybe romanticising the idea cause if you get in trouble you are screwed but I feel we have complicated things too much for ourselves.

Give me a clean, non polluted water source, some hunting grounds and some gear and I will be a very happy camper, on my own, for long periods of time.

The problem is that my country doesn´t allow it nor has the resources to really do so.
edit on 16-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Obviously natural surroundings would be far more ideal. But few of us know how to completely live off the land these days. But you can get the same feeling, the same realization that there is more to life than that which you have been made to believe you need just by being......for want of a better word.....homeless.

I travelled around Australia for more than 6 months like this living both in areas of natural beauty and in random squats in cities and towns. Even just a park can be beautiful. Does wonders for your back btw

edit on 16/4/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nice post OP. S&F.

I only have one little disagreement. And it's just a matter of perspective.

Love is submitting yourself to a greater power.

Speaking for myself only. This is has nothing to do with love. It has to do with bondage. True love is self love and self acceptance. Because only then are you free to truly love another. And only then are you able to see that in loving(verb) someone else, you are indeed loving yourself as well.

A little philosophical, but you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Unless that higher power is your higher self...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Love is the greater power that you submit to. That was the idea for me at least. Everyone will obviously take it differently - and that is beautiful.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Unless that higher power is your higher self...

Love is the greater power that you submit to. That was the idea for me at least. Everyone will obviously take it differently - and that is beautiful.

Well said. I stand happily corrected.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
According to Christianity (and I'm not Christian, but the book does have some truth):

One of the first things that happened in the Bible was man emerged. Shortly after, they "ate" from the "tree" of knowledge of good and evil. Before that, there was paradise. It was all good. After that, there was differentiation. Differentiation, according to the bible, is a Satanic agenda. It is Satan that wants us to say, "that is evil". That is a slap in the face to the creator (natural or supernatural). That is a disrespectful mindset to the emergent causation that brought you about and is detrimental to your being.

We are the ones who get to say what is bad and what is good.

If you have opinions that some things are bad and others good, not only are you supporting the Satanic agenda, you are also making it impossible for yourself to love unconditionally. Unconditional love starts with your choice to see everything as good. It is like a metaphorical pat on the back to the creator saying, "Good job". Perhaps then the creator might say in return, "Oh you like this? What about THIS!" And then boom, you find yourself in a divine state of existence.

Differentiation between what is good and what is bad is judgement. Don't judge. Instead, accept. What is in this moment is here and can't be anything else and in the next moment, what is will be what it is and can't be anything else. So accept it because it is and can't be anything else. Why fight it? Why disagree? Why judge? If you accept what is, you'll find that everything that is is much more acceptable than you previously imagined.

We already exist in a divine heavenly world. All that is missing is our ability to see it as such.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Man is born free but everywhere there are shackles

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
According to Christianity (and I'm not Christian, but the book does have some truth):

One of the first things that happened in the Bible was man emerged. Shortly after, they "ate" from the "tree" of knowledge of good and evil. Before that, there was paradise. It was all good. After that, there was differentiation. Differentiation, according to the bible, is a Satanic agenda. It is Satan that wants us to say, "that is evil". That is a slap in the face to the creator (natural or supernatural). That is a disrespectful mindset to the emergent causation that brought you about and is detrimental to your being.

We are the ones who get to say what is bad and what is good.

If you have opinions that some things are bad and others good, not only are you supporting the Satanic agenda, you are also making it impossible for yourself to love unconditionally. Unconditional love starts with your choice to see everything as good. It is like a metaphorical pat on the back to the creator saying, "Good job". Perhaps then the creator might say in return, "Oh you like this? What about THIS!" And then boom, you find yourself in a divine state of existence.

Differentiation between what is good and what is bad is judgement. Don't judge. Instead, accept. What is in this moment is here and can't be anything else and in the next moment, what is will be what it is and can't be anything else. So accept it because it is and can't be anything else. Why fight it? Why disagree? Why judge? If you accept what is, you'll find that everything that is is much more acceptable than you previously imagined.

We already exist in a divine heavenly world. All that is missing is our ability to see it as such.
I'm glad you brought this up because I've been thinking about "differentiation" in the bible as you call it. I don't consider myself a Christian either but I do believe in a "higher power" due to my past experiences. It is my opinion that differentiation was apparent before Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil. I don't understand what you mean by saying that "differentiation, according to the bible, is a Satanic agenda." Would you care to explain how you came about that conclusion? In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, the heavens are different than the earth, thus differentiation. God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day and the darkness he called Night. Differentiation. Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." It was the serpent that convinced Eve that the fruit was good to eat, he didn't tell her, "that is evil."

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wanderlust, is a good word to describe my desires.

So long have I wanted to just give up everything: my family, my friends, my electronics, my machinery, all my possessions but a pair of clothes. Maybe I wouldn't roam America though. I feel like Eurasia, or at least Asia would be more to my likings.

I just want to roam, and be free. Can you imagine?

We only think things are important to use based off our societal views, but if we had multiple cultures to observer and compare to, then we'd really find out what was important.

The rest of the world is only a fairytale to me, I don't know that it exists, but I want to go and find out. I just want to be free.

If only.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Even Jesus said, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Dylan here says, "If only."

Some say freedom is free, but I tend to disagree.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"You're not free until you've lost everything."

Losing everything is exactly what brought me down the path of freedom. I was kicking and screaming at first but then the whole world opened up and I was able to rebuild. At first, I saw my family as my life until I lost a child and my grief was too much to bear for others so my family/friends walked away. Then, I threw myself into my career, working to exhaustion and money became my life. Then everything came crashing down and I became unemployed. I felt naked and useless. It was during this period of the unknown that revelations began to occur as to why I'm being stripped of everything that I thought was my "life". I soon found that I was never truly living to begin with. I would never go back to change all of the horrible things that brought me to where I am today. It's too amazing to even describe.

"Few will respect you, most will hate you – but you will be free. They will ask how you live."

I have been able to describe my experiences to others like co-workers etc. When I told people I was walking to work even though it takes 30 minutes, they looked at me like I grew a 3rd arm. Later, after the laughter died down, they began to ask me about it seriously and some started walking for exercise. I'd hate to see how they'd react at the times I lived in my car and used McDonald's bathroom as a shower
So, my point is, people may not understand in the beginning but they are just following society. Later, when they think about it, they will ask questions and want to follow your example. We all have to take this journey at our own pace. When anyone hates me or laughs at me I just smile because I truly AM free and I know that they're day will come to feel this freedom and love too.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Beautiful opening post and wonderful message

I agree with the concepts of the op, but I do have a minor disagreement in semantics:

"You're not free until you've lost everything"

The general idea and sentiment is right on point, but the wording is a bit off in my opinion.

One can be wealthy with possessions beyond compare and still be free.
One can have absolutely nothing and still be in bondage.

The type of Freedom spoken of in the op is not about having or lacking. When we dig down deep to the raw fundamentals, the cause of such suffering is simply attachment. Attachment to societal norms... attachment to money and material things... attachment to others... and even attachment to emotions, understandings, concepts, and ideas.

What is there to lose if nothing truly is owned?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Differentiation of knowledge as one being good and another bad. Things are neither good nor bad, they just are.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Beautiful opening post and wonderful message

I agree with the concepts of the op, but I do have a minor disagreement in semantics:

"You're not free until you've lost everything"

The general idea and sentiment is right on point, but the wording is a bit off in my opinion.

One can be wealthy with possessions beyond compare and still be free.
One can have absolutely nothing and still be in bondage.

The type of Freedom spoken of in the op is not about having or lacking. When we dig down deep to the raw fundamentals, the cause of such suffering is simply attachment. Attachment to societal norms... attachment to money and material things... attachment to others... and even attachment to emotions, understandings, concepts, and ideas.

What is there to lose if nothing truly is owned?

Peace.

Matthew 25:14-30

New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Bags of Gold
14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Matthew 25:14-30 NIV

Though I must add, he said, "You wicked, lazy SERVANT!" he didn't say, you wicked lazy taxcollector, you wicked lazy prostitute, he said, " You wicked, lazy servant! For there is a difference.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

And also what do you mean by saying, "The type of Freedom spoken of in the op is not about having or lacking."
Because I believe:
Matthew 13:10 -To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If more people would allow this:

Originally posted by AlexanderTurboLover
...open your heart (and mind) to love...

They'd KNOW this:

Originally posted by AlexanderTurboLover
Love is the most powerful force in the universe.

ATL, thanks for putting a smile on my face and in my heart

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Wonders

Differentiation of knowledge as one being good and another bad. Things are neither good nor bad, they just are.

Before Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, knowledge of good and evil did exist. God whom made the tree, did not need to touch it nor eat of it to be have knowledge of good and evil, God knew of evil when he found it in Lucifer, Satan, cast from heaven. The difference between humans and Satan and his angels of darkness is that the Holy Spirit is striving with humans for their benefit. The Holy Spirit is striving against Satan for his destruction, to end human's work of iniquity, to put a stop to the destructive lifestyle that so many of us are accustomed to. We all have a conscience, a heart knowledge of good and evil, our emotions are affected by it. Our heart and our guts have more neural synapses than our brain, did you know that? When you "feel something in your gut", it's because you actually do, and your brain is letting you in on what is important by showing you where your feeling is coming from. Have you ever met someone who has spoken in tongues, they'll tell you what they literally feel when it happens, though experience really is important it's important to know too the possibilities. I really do disagree with you, there is good and there is bad, why should your emotions lie to you?

top topics

join