It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy Begins Its Death In Michigan – Rachel Maddow's Exposé (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

www.addictinginfo.org

Michigan’s constitution allows for a long time between the passage of a bill and its implementation, 90 days from the end of the legislative session.

Republicans do not have a 2/3rds majority, but nonetheless, they have passed over 500 bills under “immediate effect.” How does that work? As Maddow shows, they aren’t even counting the votes. That’s right; Democrats’ votes are not even being counted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is the end of democracy if the Republicans get away with this. The naked corruption being displayed here is unreal and it is a warning for the American people. How can the US Justice Department standby and let this crap go on? I see this as another way to solidify power of those in office just as redistricting has become a joke and nothing more than a political tool... Is America doomed to be taken over in a silent coup?

www.addictinginfo.org

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

www.addictinginfo.org

Michigan’s constitution allows for a long time between the passage of a bill and its implementation, 90 days from the end of the legislative session.

Republicans do not have a 2/3rds majority, but nonetheless, they have passed over 500 bills under “immediate effect.” How does that work? As Maddow shows, they aren’t even counting the votes. That’s right; Democrats’ votes are not even being counted.

Can't get the link to open. Very slow.

But what exactly are these "over 500 bills" doing for the majority of citizens ?
(examples)

What are the downtrodden Democrats doing about this outrage ?

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

edit on Apr-16-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ooh, this is fascinating!

Michigan could be the epicenter of the 2nd American revolution, in fact I'm gonna call it.

I'll bet that this year we see a flash of social unrest in Michigan, and it could be the first state to fall.

I'll also bet that Michael Moor will be there making a documentary about this in 3... 2... 1...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm sure I could counter your extremely unreliable and obviously slanted MSNBC propaganda piece with a an extremely unreliable and obviously slanted FOXnews propaganda piece, but I'm not a believer in "the fairness doctrine".
Rachel Maddow? Really!?!

You may want to check out David Icke and the Lizard People threads for more believable and objective sourcing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i can't load the page either, but I think I've found the right video on YT? Correct me if I'm wrong OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Did Rachel Maddow do a "expose" on how Democrats flee across state lines and hide when they do not have a majority and don't want a bill they don't agree with to be passed? She is so biased it's difficult for me to believe anything she says.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I'm sure I could counter your extremely unreliable and obviously slanted MSNBC propaganda piece with a an extremely unreliable and obviously slanted FOXnews propaganda piece, but I'm not a believer in "the fairness doctrine".
Rachel Maddow? Really!?!

You may want to check out David Icke and the Lizard People threads for more believable and objective sourcing.

Have you seen the video, unlike a lot of the Fox BS she actually has facts to back up what she's saying. Are you telling me all the Democrats fighting to restore democracy there are deluded too? How about the physical evidence of the numbers not adding up? How about the speaker obviously NOT counting the vote and passing it anyway?

Are you seriously gonna claim that all that evidence is somehow fictional because it's your precious Republicans doing it?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Precious" Republicans?
I revile Republicans. You are the one who seems to have a Smeagol-like attachment to a particular political party. I defend neither. Nor would I ever consider anything that comes from any television news media. So MSNBC is bashing the party that is aligned with their ratings rival's political party backer, who happens to be the rival party of their own backer. Well, no chance of any slant there, Bucko!

You want to know when "Democracy" died?
It died when the Federal Reserve Act went into effect.
It died when World War II and its aftermath evolved the military industrial state.
It died when Reagan, Bush I, and Clinton severely eroded civil liberties, enhanced federal powers, and expanded the power of the executive branch.
It was already dead by the time Bush II and Obama came to pee on the corpse.
A political power play in a state house (Big Federal brother took away the state's toys long ago) is about as significant as a frog's fart.

If you want to play peewee ball and side with your team against the other equally corrupt team, who has most of the same masters by the way, go right ahead.

Rachel Maddow "fact checks" things.
"Fact checking" in the modern media is something you may want to fact check for yourself.

But in the meantime, if you want to try and filter out ridiculous propaganda, Id say turn off the television, especially MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The scary thing about this happening in the USA is that Canada is usually several years behind , but if they can make it happen that quickly then it looks like we barley have time to blink before our democracy is gone ...sad sad ....peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I live in Michigan and would like to think all the dems are running across the state lines and taking their supporters with them. Michigan is another example og what happens when you run out of people working but get more people to support. Hopefully we can get some jobs or chase some of the slakers out to somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Two quotes by Winston Churchill are probably the best modern political thought about democracy.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried

and

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.

The fact that someone who has never worked a day in their life, is barely literate, and can't even name the three branches of government vote counts as much as the MD in the local town with a decade of schooling, running a business, and practicing a stressful profession, is an inherent weakness of democracy. It is no wonder that those with money use it to influence the electoral process as much as they do. Democracy is simply tyranny of the 50% + 1.

Yet, I agree that democracy is better than other forms of government tried. I would love to see what I like to call a "Qualified Democracy" in where those who can vote must demonstrate a basic level of qualifications. Such qualifications would include: basic literacy(demonstrated by the ability to read and follow directions), basic math (demonstrated by successfully answering questions that involve basic PEMDAS operations), and a basic understanding of the political system (something similar to the citizenship test that legal immigrants must pass). I know that certain elements of society would screech and scream all sorts of invectives with racist and elitist being the top, and I am aware of how poll taxes and literacy tests have been used to disenfranchise minorities and the poor in the past, but we simply cannot afford for our society to be held captive by the lowest common denominator any longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

The stakeholder should certainly have more of a say than a dependent. He does, after all, have a lot more at stake.
In the end, though, manipulation of the weak-minded(ie "the majority") is less "democracy" than it is creative autocracy.
"The people" is just a myth created to deprive citizens of their individual rights.
Unfortunately, most of the citizenry clamor for their own shackles, in the form of government handouts, which equal dependency, which equals depravity, which ends up as slavery.

The Republicans do it through supposed "national security". The Democrats do it through faked collectivist concern. Both control through fear (as the OP video does) and both are disingenuous and destructive.
Lastly....both work really well for the manipulators.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know that this video was posted before.

I did a search and get nothing other than this thread, oh well.

All I have to say is.... be prepared to see more of this taking place in other states as well. I think we will soon see how screwed we are ( and have been for a long time ).

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This "story" has about as many 'facts' as a childrens book. No source citing, no detailing these 500 "laws" supposedly passed without votes, absolutely no cross references beyond twitter feeds and other non-referencable liberal blogs.

/le sigh

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
At least the governor is trying . Benton Harbor has an Emergency Manager because they refused to try to run the city. When the state told them to come up with a plan to get things under control the response was" Give us more money" No plan at all and they wondered why the Democratic governor sent the EM in

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Everyone should be outraged.....

...yet half of this page is people attacking Maddow or defending what is happening or ranting about the Fed.

We are so screwed.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I thought Republicans hated laws? I thought Republicans were all about REMOVING restrictions?? I thought Republicans HATE big gov???

Oh right, not when they are enacting laws that help their big business cronies strangle the little guys.

Total. God. Damn. Hypocrites.

If this were Democrats doing this in Illinois, all we would be hearing about would be the corrupt Obama gangster administration that needs to be impeached.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So the Republican governor of Michigan is doing the same things the president is doing, but nobody got mad until a Republican started doing it?

I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
So the Republican governor of Michigan is doing the same things the president is doing, but nobody got mad until a Republican started doing it?

I'm confused.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Similar stories down here in Louisiana. After Katrina, the school system was overhauled and charter schools took over New Orleans, with some modicum of success. It was hailed by our Panderer in Chief and his Education Secretary as a great model for the rest of the nation.
Not all of his team was on board, however. You see, charter schools don't allow much power to the teacher unions.

Fast forward a few years. Republican Governor Bobby Jindal begins implementing these programs statewide. Despite being the same type system operated by the more liberal admins in N.O., the governor is called a Nazi and anti-Union thug by the very same people praising Obama's darlings in the state's only Democratic district just a couple of years earlier.

Hypocrisy and weak minds.

Don't fret, there are plenty of Republican examples, too.

You see, when their side is on a winning streak, destruction of freedom is just fine, or at least an acceptable consequence. When their side is losing, they cry foul and begin calling names and blaming all the negatives on the other team.

And don't even ask them to wake up. The vast majority won't.

Human stupidity is the only sure bet.

Notice that the Maddow defenders on here are blaming things on Republicans in a state legislature. Where is the outrage over Obama's use of drones to spy on American citizens? His assassinations of citizens? His signing a bill that effectively destroys the Bill of Rights? His expansion of Emergency Powers to include peacetime?

But when W was doing similar things, actually far less abusive, they were a'howling up a storm.

Hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join