It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon orders electric contact lenses - let troops see through 'eyes' of drones flying above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
There's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. They *will* see you.

The Pentagon has placed an order with Innovega for lenses which focus 3D battlefield information from drones and satellites directly into people's eyeballs.

+ Lenses can let troops see through 'eyes' of drones flying above
+ Can 'layer' target information over view of world
+ Contact lenses don't impede fighter's vision
+ Equivalent to a 240-inch 3D television from 10 feet

I would say this totally re-defines the term "battlefield awareness", now doesn't it ?

Sources: Dailymail UK - Slashgear - DARPA

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Now they can see where China decides to land them. (the drones)

Cool.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Cool.

I wonder how they are powered?

I could see heaps of civilian applications.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Along with this news...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... what the hell are we supposed to think.

These drones are blowing human targets up in Africa and Afghanistan. Will they soon be targeting us for strikes? Skynet indeed. It's like playing the coolest vid game you could ever fathom, except you're killing real people. But no matter, the "pilots" are so disconnected from the truth, what the hell do they care. It's incredible to think that so many people are blind to the events happening before their very eyes. Well, as they say around here, back to Jersey Shore.
edit on 16-4-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wow, things are speeding up quickly aren't they? Part of me thinks its cool the other part of me is scared. So much for growing organic crops...One day when Monsanto rules the world, the drones will be flying over our houses in search of *contraband* .........

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
What is this a new upgrade for modern warfare? Lol thats just beyond ridiculous. A lot of army guys are just like you and I, imagine being able to just, do that...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
very little seems scarier to me than the idea of electricitity running really close to my eyeballs.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZionSmasher
very little seems scarier to me than the idea of electricitity running really close to my eyeballs.

I don't think they use electricity lol not in the context that your thinking about I heard about cat eyes used in the osama raid which allow them to see in the dark with contacts. It used magnetic induction or something along those lines just from blinking. heres a link www.slashgear.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Very cool tech. I like it.

I'm just wondering how long this technology will take to hit the civilian market.

Consider the smart phone, and other personal data applications, as well as business, financial, and entertainment.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Kinda like this,

top topics

join