It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hologram technology on display at Coachella

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I am completely impressed by this video. Whether you like this music or not, it's important to think about how this tech could be applied in the future. Anyone wanna chime in with a technical explanation of how this works?

FYI Lots of NSFW language.

Can't get embedded link working right.

Tupac Hologram At Coachella

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
tupac lives!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by synappz

Ha literally bet me to it by seconds. Very cool huh?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Wonderful, another piece of amazing (and probably very costly) technology being squandered on the lowest common denominator. There are a million better uses for something this fantastic than vulgarity and talentless tripe.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this.

I admit. I teared up a little.

2pac on stage...... Today.

I miss the dude. No homo.

But....

One day, in the near future. We are not going to be able to tell what is real and what isn't.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelLingus
Wonderful, another piece of amazing (and probably very costly) technology being squandered on the lowest common denominator. There are a million better uses for something this fantastic than vulgarity and talentless tripe.

Like fake airplanes?

Damn the negativity around here.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Already done.

Been there, seen that.
The Japanese were first with that "hologram" system, that's basically, an advanced version of "Peppers Ghost"

Have a look how cool it looks when done with a rendered fictional video-character "Hatsune Miko":

Hatsune 3d Projection

The impressive bit in this case is not the character, but the software running the singing though..
Shame that when one rotates the camera too much, it becomes painfully obvious it's just a projection on a specially coated mylar or polycarbonate screen.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if, in time, many a "dead" artist can be revived in this way. Rendering real-time characters is becoming faster & faster, so I can foresee a future where a "movement artist" in the background, "puppeteers" the virtual character...

Imagine ,A duet between Caruso and Frank Sinatra, while Marylin Monroe plays the banjo......

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Fake airplanes, lolwut?

I was thinking more along the lines of the next step in cinema, or cool holographic planetariums, or even space exploration. Not "thug life" bs. At very least some Hendrix or symphonic music.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Like fake airplanes?

Don't you know thats a conspiracy theory. How can you say something like that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I Love The Performance But this Is like Freaking Horrifying. Like If They Can Make It That Realistic How many Lies Have I Been Told Threw Television. Everything Could Be A Lie. 9/11 Could Have Been Fake! What Has Our World Come to ? I Dont Know What Is Real Anymore. Alot Of Yall Thinking " OMGOSH Its Tupac !" But Its More Than That. This Is Only A Show Imagine What Bigger # Could Be Done With Holograms. Im More Scared And Confused Than Anything.

nusaybah215 17 seconds ago

got kids trippin lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ColonelLingus

I was being sarcastic.

But to say the lowest common denominator?

Its just the negativity towards hip hop up in here.

Can't even have a Beastie Boy thread without it turning into crap.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
i was watching this live on youtube and when he came on it was really creepy. i think the technology is amazing and looks wonderful and there is so much promise for what its going to do in the future but the whole thing seemed so disgraceful to tupac. ive never even listened to him and i dont know anything about him but it just felt wrong.

i found this quote from him which just makes me feel bad

“My biggest fear of death is to come back reincarnated”
― Tupac Shakur

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by synappz
Anyone wanna chime in with a technical explanation of how this works?

Museon Eyeliner projection system.

Uses the Pepper's Ghost magic trick illusion.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What uses besides entertainment can we use this technology for?

Can this be the same as Project Blue Beam?

We can bring back Jesus too.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelLingus
...talentless tripe.

I'd hardly call over 75 million records sold "talentless tripe". Just because you don't like the music does not mean it isn't interesting to some.
edit on 16-4-2012 by synappz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's a tupac hologram?!

Wow, I can't wait to see a hologram of Jesus coming out of the sky.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

It could theoretically be used for design and drafting in three dimensions. Or how cool would it be to see3-D landscapes of space-probe images. But entertainment would likely be it's primary application. Imagine playing the newest FPS when the tech advances. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of people smarter than I that could find new uses for it as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by synappz

That's where the lowest common denominator comes into play.
Mickey D's prides itself on "over 5 billion served", but that is not good food by any rational account.
The more simplistic something is, the wider appeal it has. Read up on the concept of Ad Populum to better understand.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColonelLingus

so true! i've now heard a few of his songs and read some excerpts from his book and... eh. its nothing special and nothing that hasn't been said a million times before. i don't think he was any kind of pioneer or visionary.

by the way, justin bieber has sold more than 8 million records now... pioneer?

if he died right now i bet in 15 years everyone would be saying how amazing he would have been and how he could have changed the world but, in reality, he'll just be washed up.
edit on 4/16/2012 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by synappz

Ha! ja! you beat me to it....

Looks bloody impressive!!

Star Trek here we come.... here is the vid instead of going to youtube!

Next Michael Jackson will be in concert afterall.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join