It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project: Bluebeam is a go.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Military is how many years ahead of the population? 30 some years? I wonder what was possible back in Setember of '01?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anyhow, This isn't even really holographic television, This is a demo of the polymer television..yes, its just television, not 3d anything (sorry folks).

This many pages in, I am sure this was cleared up (along with this being the second thread on the same video that has hit the front page). If there is more confusion about this, I will do a quicky thread on where actual holographic tech is right now (think, infant stage) and where our "3dtv" (not 3d) is at.

Anyhow, this is telepresence

Not to say that this tech isn't cool...I see in the near future entire walls made out of this stuff (remember the walls from the running man..where you can have a beautiful lakeside window, then change it to a television, etc). The future is bright..but first, ya..lets call and cheer for the correct tech.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This technology is far from new, I remember when I wen't to Florida as a kid, I stopped at an arcade and played a cool arcade game called "Time Traveller" which used Holograms instead of the traditional game screen.

Doesn't seem too far advanced from 1991.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is not a conspiricy japanese Vocaloid has been using 3d holograms in concerts for several years now. The guy is dead they have no choice but to use 3d holograms. No conspiricy here.

edit on 17-4-2012 by jeepthing07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ALL of these holograms work using the "Pepper's Ghost" illusion. That's why snoop couldn't get too close and literally walk all around side by side with tupac.

This is not just a hologram being broadcast wherever. There is an elaborate setup for holograms to work. There is literally no tech available to do a hologram without having somewhat of an enclosure.

Until this changes (never will) holograms will always have to literally have 'smoke and mirrors.' Well.....at least mirrors.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's not even a real Hologram.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't understand some of the hating that's going on in this thread. And people apparently being unimpressed with the image of a dead rapper on stage, chain swinging, pants moving and folding, accuracy in movement and gestures. I don't know why this would be compared to that animated Japanese girl (aside from tech aspect).

They've taken a once living person and resurrected his persona, onstage infront of thousands of people. How could you compare the work involved in recreating Tupac to a cartoon? Obviously a lot of effort was put into doing this. Making sure he moved and sounded as accurately as possible. "IT'S SO OBVIOUS IT'S FAKE" If it was so obvious, this wouldn't be so cool to so many people. Stop being anti-fun.

Where the hell do you guys see this type of stuff so often, in everyday life, that you have to talk it down instead of appreciating the medium? So they animated the Gorillaz and some anime, big whoop. They did a real person here with very realistic movement (yes I saw the feet. don't freak out on me).

I doubt Project Blue Beam. Sounds too grand. But seeing something like this, and knowing military tech is several years advanced (as others have pointed out numerous times), then I don't doubt the imagery involved with Blue Beam being pulled off.

P.S. To the people that all they could take away was "retarded rapper" and "i hate rap music," I find it amusing that Tupac is unliked on this forum, considering his very vocal hatred of the Illuminati. This guy was far from retarded, and more intelligent than your average ATSer. Just because he's a black guy rapping doesn't make him a moron. Some really ignorant comments have been made in this thread.

EDIT - I'd like to go ahead and post, which is unrelated to the topic, but related to my post (nice reasoning there huh?). It's for people that think this might be lame or outdated already. It's a comedian being interviewed, explaining how everyone is unimpressed with incredible things.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: (add video)

edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: edit the edit

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

Best post of the year goes to you. Like I said, this is why we can't have nice things. Conspiracy theorists remain to be ungrateful for what they're blessed with.

"Oh this is cool....MUST BE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO KILL US!"

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contag
I don't understand some of the hating that's going on in this thread. And people apparently being unimpressed with the image of a dead rapper on stage, chain swinging, pants moving and folding, accuracy in movement and gestures. I don't know why this would be compared to that animated Japanese girl (aside from tech aspect).

They've taken a once living person and resurrected his persona, onstage infront of thousands of people. How could you compare the work involved in recreating Tupac to a cartoon? Obviously a lot of effort was put into doing this. Making sure he moved and sounded as accurately as possible. "IT'S SO OBVIOUS IT'S FAKE" If it was so obvious, this wouldn't be so cool to so many people. Stop being anti-fun.

Where the hell do you guys see this type of stuff so often, in everyday life, that you have to talk it down instead of appreciating the medium? So they animated the Gorillaz and some anime, big whoop. They did a real person here with very realistic movement (yes I saw the feet. don't freak out on me).

I agree with you completely. I spent the weekend at Coachella, and this performance blew people away. So what if it's not "real hologram". The larger point here is that people LOVED seeing Tupac up there, even if it was just CG and 3D illusion. I'll tell you this right now, if I could go see Led Zeppelin, or Bob Marley, Hendrix, Mozart, Bach, etc in a full production like this, I would gladly shell out the ticket price.

I also noticed that some online publications and people were wondering how they were able to keep everything in sync with all the stuff happening on stage. It would be very, very easy to get the timing wrong if Tupac's performance was all pre-rendered. I don't think it was. A think the animations were triggered in real time. Video games have had this for years, so it only makes sense. That means you could set up whole shows that are "driven" by real people, and are not constrained by a fully pre-recorded animation.

As a futurist and a 20 year IT professional, I have learned to never say never about technology. I believe we will eventually have free standing holograms. Why? Because we want them. I've seen some interesting papers written on this subject, including some that use nanotech.

I generally enjoy this site, but so many people here are just cynical and depressed, and can't see the good in anything anymore. It's really quite sad.
edit on 17-4-2012 by JeepEscape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Contag

Best post of the year goes to you. Like I said, this is why we can't have nice things. Conspiracy theorists remain to be ungrateful for what they're blessed with.

"Oh this is cool....MUST BE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO KILL US!"

Haha thanks man. Yeah the worst that'll come from this technology is having perfume commercials acted out infront of you while walking through the mall, and then a machine sprays it at you instead of some insistent/bored salesperson.

Originally posted by JeepEscape
I agree with you completely. I spent the weekend at Coachella, and this performance blew people away. So what if it's not "real hologram". The larger point here is that people LOVED seeing Tupac up there, even if it was just CG and 3D illusion. I'll tell you this right now, if I could go see Led Zeppelin, or Bob Marley, Hendrix, Mozart, Bach, etc in a full production like this, I would gladly shell out the ticket price.

I also noticed that some online publications and people were wondering how they were able to keep everything in sync with all the stuff happening on stage. It would be very, very easy to get the timing wrong if Tupac's performance was all pre-rendered. I don't think it was. A think the animations were triggered in real time. Video games have had this for years, so it only makes sense. That means you could set up whole shows that are "driven" by real people, and are not constrained by a fully pre-recorded animation.

As a futurist and a 20 year IT professional, I have learned to never say never about technology. I believe we will eventually have free standing holograms. Why? Because we want them. I've seen some interesting papers written on this subject, including some that use nanotech.

I generally enjoy this site, but so many people here are just cynical and depressed, and can't see the good in anything anymore. It's really quite sad.

Really interesting point you bring up about the timing, that didn't cross my mind. I think I have to agree with you completely, too. Everything had to be triggered at the correct time. This wasn't a school house puppet play. I guess everything would be pre-rendered, but still activated according to what's needed at what time. I get what you mean with the driven aspect. You could have projections interacting with the audience, responding accordingly to what's going on. Like touching the left hand of a doll to get a cry, and the right hand to get a laugh (as opposed to the left hand doing everything in a pre-determined sequence). Except this is expensive as hell.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: (add something)

edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: grammar

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iLLest

Not there yet

Digital Domain Media Group Inc. is responsible for creating the "Tupac hologram," which isn't technically a hologram, because it's a two-dimensional image. Read more: www.usmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the 2pac thing would have been better if he wasn't sliding around and they gave him some sweat

then it would look real.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You have it spot-on for the technology used with these illusions, which require the viewer to be positioned at a specific spot in order for the illusion to work properly.

For 3d holograms (aka "Obi-Wan you're my only hope" variety) the technology is being developed in Japan, but requires a full enclosure for it to work (a projection on X and Y axis) which throws out the whole theory on having UFO's appear in the sky.

www.liveleak.com...

This is the best link i can find on the technology, (Google's flowing with links to the anime singer) and it looks like they're moving forward with touch interfaces, so maybe one day jesus really will come back.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contag
Really interesting point you bring up about the timing, that didn't cross my mind. I think I have to agree with you completely, too. Everything had to be triggered at the correct time. This wasn't a school house puppet play. I guess everything would be pre-rendered, but still activated according to what's needed at what time. I get what you mean with the driven aspect. You could have projections interacting with the audience, responding accordingly to what's going on. Like touching the left hand of a doll to get a cry, and the right hand to get a laugh (as opposed to the left hand doing everything in a pre-determined sequence). Except this is expensive as hell.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: (add something)

edit on 17-4-2012 by Contag because: grammar

I'm reading that they spent about 500K on Tupac. Not bad when you consider how much a real artist is paid.

The way real-time rendering is done in video games allows for smooth transitions between the animations so that they look much more natural. For example when you reload your weapon in COD. It smoothly plays an animation sequence that you triggered by hitting a key. If you play MMO games, then you know there are neutral animations too where your game character will cycle through various animations when they are just standing still, such as shifting on their feet, yawning/stretching, scratching their nose, etc. Hit a key to move or do some other action, and the animation is rolled. It's possible they even made it so that when Tupac was standing still, they could manually turn his head left or right in real time with a mouse or joystick, like when he looks over at snoop in the clip.

None of this would be difficult to do with fairly basic computer gaming tech. Real time 3D rendering has been around for ages now. The quality of animation, polygon count and texture quality on Tupac could be very, very high, and you would still only need a decent gaming computer with a couple video cards in it to render this stage show in real time. Since he's the only thing being rendered, it's no big deal as far as computer power.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying how fake it looks. They only worked on it for like 4 months....so no # its not gonna look PERFECT. Government has been planning this for who knows how many years. You think they will perform it knowing its not perfectly deceiving??? Come on...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

This is nothing like 'project bluebeam', it's project mirror reflecting an image on a stage, it's not starwars hologram technology, it's ancient caveman reflecting an image on a mirror, it's the haunted house at disneyland technology, the interesting part is the CGI, it was a good model, but I believe Dr. Dre paid too much, he paid around 400k, there is talks he will be using it on tour, probably to pay it off.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLLest
Everyone keeps saying how fake it looks. They only worked on it for like 4 months....so no # its not gonna look PERFECT. Government has been planning this for who knows how many years. You think they will perform it knowing its not perfectly deceiving??? Come on...

I know how many years.

Zero.

That's how many years.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I was just relating this to Project Bluebeam in another post earlier tonight!! Here are the links I posted on the other thread...

First is an in the audience perspective of the hologram in 1080p... gives a good idea of what the viewers actually saw:

www.youtube.com...

This is a link to the company that did the holographic projection. Not much info on their site... but click on the "Creative Solutions" link to see more videos and info about what they do.

www.AVConcepts.com

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iLLest

We live in the 21st century...people are clever enough to figure out what's a hologram and what isn't

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gdiddyaz
I was just relating this to Project Bluebeam in another post earlier tonight!! Here are the links I posted on the other thread...

First is an in the audience perspective of the hologram in 1080p... gives a good idea of what the viewers actually saw:

www.youtube.com...

This is a link to the company that did the holographic projection. Not much info on their site... but click on the "Creative Solutions" link to see more videos and info about what they do.

www.AVConcepts.com

IT'S NOT A HOLOGRAM ITS THAT SIMPLE

Digital Domain Media Group Inc. is responsible for creating the "Tupac hologram," which isn't technically a hologram, because it's a two-dimensional image. Read more: www.usmagazine.com...

It's two imesional so guess what its NOT a hologram

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join