It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Alignments Of Other Planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
We have all heard about the Galactic Alignment that will take place on December 21, 2012. A rare occurance in which the Earth, Sun, and center of the Milky Way Galaxy all come into alignment. It happens once every 26,000 years.

So if that's the case with Earth, then what about Venus, Mars, and the other planets in our solar system? When did they last come into a galactic alignment? When will their next Galactic Alignments take place?

How long is Venus and Mars' precession of the equinoxes?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
2012 galactic alignment: hoax

Question :

Hi, i have a question about the sun alignment in the center of the galaxy in 2012. Will the sun be in the EXACT center of the galaxy? or just lined up/next to the center of the sun. If you can, can you explain this to me. (15 years old) Thank you very much.

Answer :

I can’t explain it because it is just an Internet hoax. There is no alignment with the center of the Galaxy in 2012 or any time. As to the Sun being in the center of the Galaxy, that it impossible; the Sun and solar system will always remain at about 30,000 light years from the galactic center. These stories on the Internet are simply lies, and I am sorry if they have been a problem for you. A lot of the stuff on the Internet is wrong, and you have to learn to distinguish the truth from the lies. One simple test is to ask if any of these claims are made by real scientists, or if they have been reported in newspapers or on TV news. The stories about alignments or disaster striking in 2012 do not pass this test.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
July 7, 2008

-------------------------------------------------------

I bet this will explain it all to you

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Guys!! i am scare! Sunda MEGATRUST in MOVING! 6.0 Sr strike Padeglang,JAVA,Indonesia, and i live there! OMG

See This !! : nasional.vivanews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there. I just finished watching a documentary about 2012 on the history channel, and they had a scientist from NASA on there verifying that this alignment will happen and that it's not a hoax.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

nothing will happen...like when the planets are all in alignment, nothing happens

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't understand the fascination of planets lining up and doom.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

The Galactic alignment you speak of as far as is based the Mayan long count calendar is the alignment of the Earth and it's Solar System with the center of what the Mayans called the Dark Rift where lies the Galactic Core and inside a massive Blackhole.

Thing is that the distance between the earth and the Galactic Core is between 27 and 28,000 Light years....this means that we are presently looking at an alignment that occured over 27,000 YEARS AGO as a light year is the time it takes light to travel in One year...about 6 Trillion Miles.

So this alignment has already occured over 27,000 years ago. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Nurelic

The Galactic alignment you speak of as far as is based the Mayan long count calendar is the alignment of the Earth and it's Solar System with the center of what the Mayans called the Dark Rift where lies the Galactic Core and inside a massive Blackhole.

Thing is that the distance between the earth and the Galactic Core is between 27 and 28,000 Light years....this means that we are presently looking at an alignment that occured over 27,000 YEARS AGO as a light year is the time it takes light to travel in One year...about 6 Trillion Miles.

More scary if you ask me, because that means if it does happen every 26,000 years and the dark rift is shooting dark matter or something at is, it should just now be on time to hit us

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Nurelic

true, but the one that happened 27000 years ago didn't hit us yet.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The "alignment" with the Dark Rift (composed of clouds of dust and gas which lie between us and the center of the Galaxy) occurs every year. At this point of the cycle of precession it occurs in December, near the solstice. A thousand years ago it occurred in November. In another thousand years it will occur in January. And it means absolutely nothing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The "alignment" with the Dark Rift (composed of clouds of dust and gas which lie between us and the center of the Galaxy) occurs every year. At this point of the cycle of precession it occurs in December, near the solstice. A thousand years ago it occurred in November. In another thousand years it will occur in January. And it means absolutely nothing.

Hi Phage,

So one complete cycle of precession is about 26,000 years right? Why is the precession cycle sliced up into 5 periods of 5,125 years each according to the Maya?

So the alignment with the Dark Rift and the Earth occurs every year. What about Venus and Mars? Does it just depend on the orbits?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I know of no 5,125 year division in the Mayan calendar. What 5 periods are you speaking of?

Since all of the planets revolve around the Sun, yes, Venus and Mars also experience the same "alignment" each year.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.ancient-world-mysteries.com... - 5,125 year periods

So despite the different lengths of Venus and Mars' orbit compared to the Earth, they each align with the Dark Rift once a year just like the Earth?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

This is in reply to you and WP4...Gravity is not like Light or Photons which are the Quantum Particles Light is comprised of and Light exists as both Particle and Wave...and travels at 186,300 miles per second.

Gravity is Space/Time Geometry and is an expresion of One Dimentionality which is but one of many dimentional states that exist in our Universe.

Gravitys effect is INSTANTANEOUS...and there is no delay upon it's effect. If this were not so then the Galaxies which are traveling away from each other at great speeds....as they travel caused by the effect of Dark Energy and are held together not by only regular matter but DARK MATTER AS WELL....would be too far apart for us to see actual Gravitic Galactic Lensing and other issues that Gravity produces.

Dark Matter does not SHOOT out at anything as Dark Matter is simply areas of the Universe...including areas in and around Earth...that show Gravitational Effect...and this is not due to Solid Matter yet most likely part of our Universes Interconnectivity with other Divergent Universal States that exist in our Multiverse. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree that it means nothing but the Mayan Long Count is based on a specific allignment that for some reason...since they were not around for the for the 225 to 250 Million Years it takes our Solar System to revolve around the Galaxy's Blackhole.

The Mayan Long count is based on 5125.36 Years and this based on the Venusian...as in the planet Venus...52 year calendar. This is called the Mayan Short Count. A Baktun is a period of 144,000 Days. When 13 Baktuns have been accomplished a total of 1,872,000 Days will have passed....or 5125.36 Years.

Thus...by understanding this...anyone can see that 5125.36 years is well short of 225 to 250 MILLION YEARS for our Solar System to orbit our Galaxy. We are always in direct alignment with a sligh varience in up or down depending on perspective to or Galaxies centeral Core and Blackhole.

The DARK RIFT is a Band of Gas Clouds and Nebula Debris that encircle our Galaxies Central Core from a specific distance which we are futher away from. Thus when we look at the Milky Way during the Summer when it is across the entire sky...we can see this Band or...Dark Rift. So in reality....we are always in alignment to an extent but since our Solar System exists on one the outer arms of our Spiral Galaxy...after so many years...we appear to be centralized in alignment with the Dark Band of Gasses that is the Dark Rift. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

So despite the different lengths of Venus and Mars' orbit compared to the Earth, they each align with the Dark Rift once a year just like the Earth?

Once each of their years. On Mars a year lasts 780 days. On Venus 225 days.
A planet cannot align with anything (or, a planet aligns with everything, depending on how you look at it). It takes at least three objects to create an "alignment". Once during each planet's (any of them) orbit, the Sun will lie between the Great Rift and the planet.
edit on 4/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The Mayan Long count is based on 5125.36 Years

I don't understand. Where does 13 baktun come from? What is its significance? Why not 12? Why not 14? Isn't a piktun the next higher order cycle (above the baktun)? Isn't a piktun equal to 20 baktun? I guess it depends on who you talk to and the significance they wish to place on 2012.

The Maya did have another calendar based on the Venus cycle but it was not the short count. The short count was based on a cycle of 260 tuns (about 256 solar years). It was just yet another calendar which they used, separate from both the long count and the Venus cycle.

The DARK RIFT is a Band of Gas Clouds and Nebula Debris that encircle our Galaxies Central Core

I'm not aware of any evidence that the "dark rift" encircles the core of our Galaxy, only that it lies between the Solar System and the core.

edit on 4/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Mayans had many versions of even LONGER counts but these were proposed then dropped in favor of the Calendar System I have stated although there are some scientists and researchers who abide by THIS system....
Piktun 20 Bak'tuns 8000 tuns 2,880,000 days
Kalabtun 20 Piktuns 160,000 tuns 57,600,000 days
Kinichiltun 20 Kalabtuns 3,200,000 tuns 1,152,000,000 days
Alautun 20 Kinichiltuns 64,000,000 tuns 23,040,000,000 days

But the currenty accepted Mayan Long Count that...even though the above...were proposed by the Mayans themselves...the 13 Bak'tun system was chosen.

Damn...you made me have to look this up and realize there was an apostrophe in Bak'tun! LOL! Hate those damn Apostrophies! I can never find them with my fingers on a keyboard! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As far as the Dark Rift goes. There is a gas and debris field between our solar system and the Galactic Core. This debris is on a molecular level and in 4 Million Years we would move to position to be able to see directly into the Galactic core.

I am well amused at some people believing that 2012 will be the END as we are still guessing what the real year in the Christian Calendar is anyways since it is plus or minus 125 years in either direction. Even the Mayan Calendar could be off several years as they did not have Ultra Precise Data but we can at least use the Venusian Standard to get a Close starting date.

First...eveyone thought the year 1000 would be the End Times...then 2000...then 2001 since the Christian Calendar starts with the year 1 not zero. Now...it's 2012. Time to invest in a company that sells Generators. LOL! Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join