It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion/Govt. holding back search for or release of et life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was wanting to gather some of my fellow ATS'ers thoughts on how much the govt. and religious machines are holding back info from us on et life even be it microbial. No matter what our govt and others around the world declare separation of religion and state anyone with a grain of intelligence or sanity know they work hand in hand. Bring it on people lets see what we can come up with.

Roger

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If the government (or governments) wanted to release it, I can't believe that the religious community could stop it. We know how afraid of the Catholic Church Obama is. (Not at all.) So look at whether and why the government is holding back.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Actually if you believe everything you are told than sure Obama doesn't care what the church thinks. However, in reality the church most likely has a very strong role in what ultimately does and does not get done in our world. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the the U.S. leaders had to answer to the pope, it also wouldn't surprise me if the pope answered to someone else. All of the crap about Obama and the church being at each others throat seems to me like a front to make the sheeple buy into it in order to make other things they want to happen work in their favor.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

Dear doomedtoday,

When someone says that all the conflict between A and B is really just a front to hide the fact that there is no conflict between A and B, my head starts spinning. But you've got an interesting theory and this is a conspiracy theory site, so let me explore one further step.

If the Pope is calling the shots, why would he want other life hidden? It doesn't contradict any Catholic teaching, and recent Popes have been big fans of astronomy and discussions on ET life.

But maybe the person above the Pope is hiding the ET news. Who might that be, and why would they hide it?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but as I said, my head is still spinning.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Though its probably true (as an above poster mentioned) that if government wanted to disclose the truth, the church could probably do little to stop it, I'm sure they work together in an effort to cover it up. Who knows who's really running the show.

Obviously if we knew there was indeed life on other planets, religions and government alike could easily lose their control over the masses.

In fact I think it was Brookings Institute that did a think tank back in the 60's about the potential ramifications of disclosure. The think tank concluded it'd be best kept secret.. go figure..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why would the church want to cover up ET life?
The discovery of extraterrestrial civilisation, or even just base ET life, doesn't pose any kind of threat to... well, I suppose I can only speak for my own faith, so... Christianity, in the least.

That's of course assuming that the discovery is genuine extraterrestrial life, and not merely life that had its origins in the meddling of fallen angels... but that's another story altogether.

Now, governments, on the other hand... I suspect have been covering up this very thing for quite some time. Personally I suspect that the US government has known and been in contact with ETs since at least 1948... and perhaps longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

The Catholic Church took that question on. They have already stated that the presence of extraterrestrial life in now way shapr or form ontradicts anything in the bible. They have held 2 or 3 round table discussion with people from around the globe dealing with this topic..

The UN has (then they denied it then they acknowleged it.. Im not sure where they are now) the "space ambassador". She is a point of contact on the off chance ET drops in for tea and conquest.

Someone did a study on ET life and how there has been a long drawn out disclosure. They started with the movies and mindset going from the 1950's to present. Each decade there have been advancements in the ET topic, culminating presently with the constant release of extra solar planets, some posibly in the goldilocks zone. We have the History Channel doing their ancient aliens series (season 4 and counting). 10 years ago I doubt Ancient Aliens would have been a series.. Maybe a what if documentrty at the most.

We have gone from denial to people not only beleiving in ET life but demanding the government come clean with it. Im not sure if any of the other religions have explored the possibility of ET life in conjunction with their own beliefs.

The one interesting thing I have noticed is how its being played out. With all of the concern about how it would affect the globe - religion, social, etc - That concern would come from the top (government) down (earthlings).

Could it be possible for governments to have a red line so to speak? If the people demand disclosure then logic would suggest the impact would not ba as bad as the government / religious leaders may think. Maybe the timetable is based on group acceptance.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nobody is holding anyone back. The reality is there is no hidden alien conspiracy.

There is life in the universe outside our world...only a fool would deny it. But aliens being held secret? Nope.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Catholic Church has even stated that they invite ET, should they ever appear, to be Baptized as Catholics. Other religions as well do not disallow intelligent life to exist outside of earth, some, it's part of core belief. So, I don't believe it's religions holding disclosure back, if there's anything to disclose.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I agree with one of the posters above, I believe it is more about control of the masses and then just imagine the religious fallout. I actually believe some people would just loose it because everything they were taught to believe in goes out the window. Who knows hopefully before I die ( and I hope from old age lol) that we have a definitive YES even be it microbial. I absolutely have no doubt that there is probably a forum like ATS on planet xhhgutj with their inhabitants having this same discussion.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Dear Kali74,

It's always a pleasure to see your gentle presence, but one thing you said caught my eye.

The Catholic Church has even stated that they invite ET, should they ever appear, to be Baptized as Catholics.
This, of course, confuses me. I thought Baptism was to clean away Original Sin. How would we know that they had original sin, or any kind of sin? Maybe they are perfect spiritual beings with no need for redemption.

Could you give me a hint on where to look for that baptism idea? Thanks.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think that the disclosure of ET on earth would open religion to scrutiny. The god of the bible and the stories associated with Enoch, Ezekiel, Jacob, Moses, the miracles and wonders, would be challenged and explained away as ET influence and not divine.

It would also create economic chaos of the status quo, as these ETs would have technology that could potentially upend our ways of living.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
The Catholic Church has even stated that they invite ET, should they ever appear, to be Baptized as Catholics.

Well no wonder E.T hasn't bothered dropping by. They probably think we're all nuts like the fruitloops that want to convert them, and they're not even here yet. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch.

I don't think it's religious institutions per se that are preventing anything from coming to fruition in this area. I think there's a lot of religiously-entrenched "we're the center of the universe and everything else out there can suck it" ego-centrism we have to do away with first. We do it on our own planet, that attitude between races & religions & cultures & genders. I think this is so deeply imbedded in so many that even if they don't think it's a plausible link, it may still mold their perceptions about alien life & the probabilities regardless. A sort of deeply hidden social conditioning, if you will, of some.

new topics

top topics

join