It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba issue deals blow to US stature at 'Summit of the Americas'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

BTW, I am a US citizen retired in Latin America.

Interesting that you use that term, living in Mexico. So few realize it is.

I will typically state that I live in Mexico but since this thread deals with the Americas Summit and specifically about Latin America's concerns as opposed to the US's I tailor the name tags fittingly. I share their concerns as well. Living here has been an eye-opening experience.

Somehow Mexico doesn't really seem to fit well in NWO plans for a North American Union of Canada, the US, and Mexico - it does but it doesn't. The language barrier is just the first layer of the onion. I think it a globalist pipe dream to think that idealogically Mexico would just fit right in with open borders and the works. Of course the US has been attempting to condition their populace to accept the Spanish language and culture but that still after several decades meets with a lot of resistance among many segments in the US. Of course I don't write "cleansing" completely out of their possible programs to achieve that - as soon as they can come up with a good plan where no one would call it genocide. I have genuine and valid concerns for Mexico and its people.

What to call us is always a bit off the mark. When someone says America to mean the US then there are others that will argue there are many American countries besides the United States. Estados Unidos Mexicanos, like in Spanish Estados Unidos Americanos for the US indicates there are more than just the United States of America that could properly be called the United States also. America is good for the US, IMO, because it is the only American country with America as part of its official name. Likewise Mexico is good for us. Here Canadians and especially Americans are often referred to as Norte Americanos. Fine, except that Mexico is still North American as well. I think of us more as Baja Norte America. Culturally and literally we are a part of Latin America. If I never cross that northern border again it will be too soon.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

On topic- You can clearly see that America has lost its sway. The BRICS rise as the American Imperial Empire takes its last gasps.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

I have to LOL at foolish BS like this - as Imperialist America swaggers through N. Africa and, soon, the more of the Middle East. NoThinktards who supplant derelict comments as fact when they are nothing more than wishing on wishes that fail to come through.

Same comments I have seen going back to the 50s. Act the clown all you want but there is a significant part of the real world who, rightfully, is scared to death of American might. And damn well should be.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

On topic- You can clearly see that America has lost its sway. The BRICS rise as the American Imperial Empire takes its last gasps.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

I have to LOL at foolish BS like this ...

Act the clown all you want but there is a significant part of the real world who, rightfully, is scared to death of American might. And damn well should be.

The US undoubtedly has sufficient defense capabilities and no one would dare violate her shores - except perhaps her own self - and there is no argument she can be quite offensive as well, another understatement. I would hope, though, that no superpower should ever come about that would have the genuine hope of fending off the rest of the world as a whole. That would be too much power for any one nation as that would likely breed too much arrogance. We are not too far from that becoming a nightmare reality.

BRIC as yet is just a convenient grouping of somewhat equal and rapidly rising economic powers, but within her midst and makeup of Brazil, Russia, India, and China reside some of the greater military structures that could stand up to the US. Thus far they are all just individual BRIC nations but not unrealistically could someday find common ground, add to their numbers, and become a political wall, possibly a balance of power that could stand up to a corrupt superpower someday. Those countries make up a diverse set of ideologies, and if they ever did come together that diversity acting in coordination would likely bear a needed empathy to possibly be just and fair and good. I certainly would not trust the US at this point in time to make value decisions for the entire world, nor am I suggesting another that should take its place - all become corruptible in time.

Who will eventually rein-in the global corporate powers that are currently wreaking havok on our home world? The US largely breeds them, it is not doing much to contain them. I certainly would not advocate for any one world government or NWO. There is no one size that fits all. Diversity is good - Seven Billion individual and sovereign governments occupying the planet.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Im sick of people supporting an uprising here in latinamerica against north america.
I have never seen more decadence than all these rebels and communists rising in Nicaragua,Venezuela(i live here),Bolivia,Ecuador,Argentina,Uruguay and Cuba.

Now Americans are taking steps towards third world thinking,supporting the rape and violation of constitutions,supporting military dictatorships and oppresion,narco-states and all that shiz.

Let me tell you something,one thing is to try and be a self sufficient country,to promote growth and a strong economy.
Other thing is to be a Fidel Castro follower who only cares about going to an idealistic Nirvana.WHO CARES?
People are hungry,people need jobs,people need healthcare.

i know this is taboo in ATS.Flaming starts in 3...2....1

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The embargo on Cuba is illegitimate and illegal.

Obama said

“Cuba, unlike the other countries that are participating, has not yet moved to democracy,”

In terms that are easier to understand, what he means is "Cuba, unlike other countries that are participating, has kicked out all U.S. corporations and refuses to allow us to brutally exploit them for our own profits and self gain. Since we are the real terrorists in the world, we will not allow this and therefore we will oppress and treat this innocent nation with cruelty and unfairness until they submit to our rule and become annexed to the United States and allow us to exploit their land and labor once again."

If Obama were on truth serum when he spoke that's what he would have said.

On the other hand all this talk about Democracy is bull#. The main flaw with American democracy for instance is that a potentially new president is elected every 4 years, the problem with this is you take serious chances and roll the dice, you don't know if your going to get a decent human being or a horribly corrupt person like the Bush's in power. The taboo's and stigmas about "dictators" are way over-hyped, there are potential benefits for having a "dictator" in power. For one, I would choose having a wise, good human being to lead my country for a lifetime and not have him face re-election, rather than take my chances with someone new every 4 years. It just depends on who you put in power, a "dictatorship" can be good or bad, the taboo that has been created over this term is purely political and meant to be used to play on your emotions for their own political advantage.
edit on 19-4-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ambassador Pedro Mosquera of the Cuban Mission to the UN speaking at Left Forum workshop about maintaining Cuba's revolutionary ideals and economic development despite US blockade and other hostility. He was asked to speak at the last minute when the US refused to permit Cuban diplomats in Washington Interests Section in DC to travel beyond an imposed 25 mile limit who had been scheduled to speak at the Forum.

The video is an excellent review of Cuban-US history (inc P.Rico), Cuban uniqueness and singularity in that relationship.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The video is an excellent review of Cuban-US history (inc P.Rico), Cuban uniqueness and singularity in that relationship.

PulsusMeusGallo,

This is interesting that you seem to know so much about Cuba. Are you perhaps a Cuban refugee, such as those who collaborated with George Herbert Walker Bush while he was rising to the top of the CIA? I ask because of any number of other posts which seem to support an agency agenda - but then again appearances can be deceptive, especially when it comes to agencies or their agents.

Getsmart

edit on 20-4-2012 by Getsmart because: funny business is often done by funny characters...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Getsmart

PulsusMeusGallo,

This is interesting that you seem to know so much about Cuba.

Thanks.

I smoke a lot of cigars.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Good neighbors respect each others borders: Send the Latin American illegals back and watch those nations cry.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Good neighbors respect each others borders: Send the Latin American illegals back and watch those nations cry.

It would not be terribly difficult to keep illegal immigrants from obtaining employment and government services if there was an actual desire to do that, which there is not. The back doors are kept open to bring in low-wage workers. Their illegal status prevents them from being organized in unions or demanding better wages, hours, or working conditions. American industries do not want to lose that type of workforce.

I understand what you are saying and I understand why you would feel that way. As long as your government does not sympathize with you - though they pretend to - then I cannot sympathize either. Your politicians who promise to do something to fix that problem never will as long as the people who fund their campaigns don't want it fixed.

Go ahead and cry, but it won't help.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Cuba should have been in circulation years ago,those people have had enough isolation as a result of this old policy anyway, it's so 50s.Viet Nam was communist and they like us now, so ,soon will Cuba.Just as soon as things even out in the world economy and the current US power grab
by our govt is resolved

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is a relevant article...about a new state law banning governments from hiring companies with business ties to Cuba.

Florida's trading partners warn of backlash if Gov. Scott signs new anti-Cuba legislation Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Florida Chamber President Mark Wilson told The Miami Herald he received an unusual phone call from the office of the Canadian ambassador to the United States, which is concerned that the law would affect a slew of Canadian companies that work in both Florida and Cuba.

Wilson said the companies told the Canadian government “that they will not be making any more investments in Florida for fear they might get hit by this.”

Canada is one of Florida’s largest trading partners, second only to Brazil — whose similar complaints about the law have gone all the way to Washington.

Funny this. The largest landholder in the State of Florida is U. S. Sugar which has offered, and has been selected for purchase by Florida, 100,000s of acres near and in the original Everglades. These lands were demucked and dried for agricultural purposes after the Bay of Pigs fiasco in hopes of overcoming the sugar supply void left when Cuba was embargoed.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

It would not be terribly difficult to keep illegal immigrants from obtaining employment and government services if there was an actual desire to do that, which there is not. The back doors are kept open to bring in low-wage workers. Their illegal status prevents them from being organized in unions or demanding better wages, hours, or working conditions. American industries do not want to lose that type of workforce.

I understand what you are saying and I understand why you would feel that way. As long as your government does not sympathize with you - though they pretend to - then I cannot sympathize either. Your politicians who promise to do something to fix that problem never will as long as the people who fund their campaigns don't want it fixed.

Go ahead and cry, but it won't help.

I really don't care and have a manifest destiny out look to the Western hemisphere(I think every nation of the Americas should join the American Union with our more perfect Constitutional Way of life).

What I meant is, the only reason Latin America is in a position to do garbage like this is, because America reluctantly took in their surplus population. So if Latin America wants to be ungrateful we should give them a real reason to complain.
edit on 8-5-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I really don't care and have a manifest destiny out look to the Western hemisphere(I think every nation of the Americas should join the American Union with our more perfect Constitutional Way of life).

Typical snobbish american attitude. Most, if not every, country in the western hemisphere has a Constitution and therefore a Constitutional Way of life.

The president of Honduras tried tampering with the constitution and was exiled while US citizens complain about their gov using theirs as TP. If that is more perfect you can keep it.

What I meant is, the only reason Latin America is in a position to do garbage like this is, because America reluctantly took in their surplus population. So if Latin America wants to be ungrateful we should give them a real reason to complain.

Yeah right, reluctantly. Got any proof of this? It would seem to me that the porous border, the ease with which an illegal can get fake ID and use it to work and, the most obvious of all, the ITIN, shows that it is more willingly than reluctantly.

edit on 8-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join