It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Craft Brewing Bring About a Lowering of the Legal Drinking Age?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Off-topic:

I wanted to start a homebrew thread last year for NHD, and even asked a mod about. I was told the cooking forum would be a good spot. I never made it, but it does seem there are several members with homebrew knowledge.

I'll check the firehose after work today, and if nobody's made one yet, I'll start one.

Sounds like a plan. I'll contribute as best as I can.

I've joined some other, more dedicated homebrew forums out there but find they can be a little snobby or downright pretentious at times
edit on 16-4-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Just because you don't beat your wife doesn't mean that alcohol doesn't cause hundreds of thousands of men to do so. Alcohol is the drink of the devil and the idea of children drinking it is obscene.I will not apologize. I have gotten no apologies for you people advocating drugging kids with a lethal poison. People who love alcohol have a screw loose and want everyone down on their level. I've drank it. When the legal age was 18. I had zero business inside bars getting drunk and seducing married women at that age. I remember the age being 18 and it was a disaster. And you people want it to happen again.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think I am beginning to sense why the legal limit for purchasing alcohol in the U.S. is set at 21.

It is because of raging fanatics like ookie here who beleive it is all or nothing. Sees everything in black or white.

I believe the age limit actually increases binge drinking among the youth.

But 21 is such an arbitrary number. I mean hell, why not 23?

At age 18 you can kill for your country, have sex on film for money, pay taxes, vote, get married and have a family.

God forbid this 18 year old can buy a watered down American beer though.

With increased education on the history of alcohol (and its contribution toward the survival of the human race), brewing techniques, and proper consumption, society can learn to curb overindulgence and alcoholism.

Banning it would just exacerbate the problems associated with alcohol. (prohibition anyone?:@@

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Just because you don't beat your wife doesn't mean that alcohol doesn't cause hundreds of thousands of men to do so. Alcohol is the drink of the devil and the idea of children drinking it is obscene.I will not apologize. I have gotten no apologies for you people advocating drugging kids with a lethal poison. People who love alcohol have a screw loose and want everyone down on their level. I've drank it. When the legal age was 18. I had zero business inside bars getting drunk and seducing married women at that age. I remember the age being 18 and it was a disaster. And you people want it to happen again.

You are so narcissistic! You might want to reread my post. I. AM. NOT. ADVOCATING. DRUGGING. CHILDREN!!!!

Just get over yourself. You are not that important. And yes, you still should apologize. You have been wrong about me and others on MULTIPLE accounts!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The US drinking age being set at 21 is one of the most asinine things done by the US in the last half century. You are either an adult or you aren't. If you're not old enough to handle alcohol you're not old enough to gamble, get married, join the military, sign a contract, vote, or other things that adults can do.

As a side note I encourage anyone to just google a charity rater and search Mother's Against Drunk Driving (MADD). It is consistently one of the least efficient charities with and inordinate amount of it's funds used in fundraising and administrative costs hell its CEO's salary is almost a quarter of a mil a year.

I want to respond to one person on this thread, but I'm trying not to feed trolls.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I think that the legal drinking age should revert back to age 18 like it was back in the early/mid 80's. It has nothing to do with the social acceptability of beer, but is rather an issue of personal responsibility.

If you're old enough to be held legally responsible for your actions, there shouldn't be any gross restrictions such as currently enforced with alcohol consumption.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

Just because you don't beat your wife doesn't mean that alcohol doesn't cause hundreds of thousands of men to do so.
Men don't beat their wives because of alcohol, they do it because they're ignorant and refuse to acknowledge what is and isn't legally and socially acceptable in our society.

Alcohol is the drink of the devil and the idea of children drinking it is obscene.
As soon as someone starts spouting stuff about "the devil," I know that all hope to reason logically is lost.

I had zero business inside bars getting drunk and seducing married women at that age.
Just as you had the right to experience bars as a responsible adult, others should also have that option.

you people want it to happen again.
Yes we do, It's a concept referred to as freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join