It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High RPM to Low RPM, Motor-Generator: Public Discolsure - The Real McCoy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I suggest to the OP in order for the others not to make a fool of him, to remove his clip from youtube it beeing found now that he was simply miscalculating (and therefore underestimating) the power of a tri-phased motor in his " maths" by using the single phase motor electrical power formula instead of the tri-phased motor formula.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

From your link;
per·pet·u·al (pr-pch-l)
adj.
1. Lasting for eternity.

You were saying?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdSurly
reply to post by ken10

From your link;
per·pet·u·al (pr-pch-l)
adj.
1. Lasting for eternity.

You were saying?

Also SEAMINGLY endless......Or just for a growing SEASON.

You can't just pick the one you want when there are several

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Originally posted by EdSurly
reply to post by ken10

From your link;
per·pet·u·al (pr-pch-l)
adj.
1. Lasting for eternity.

You were saying?

Also SEAMINGLY endless......Or just for a growing SEASON.

You can't just pick the one you want when there are several

lol Exactly. But you know as well as I, in the normal vernacular of our language, perpetual means everlasting.

Synonyms are also incredibly useful for understanding word meanings. Synonyms for perpetual include:
ceaseless, continual, continued, continuing, incessant, nonstop, continuous, running, unbroken, unceasing, uninterrupted, unremitting
edit on 20-4-2012 by EdSurly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

You are Wrong, and so is the person who gave you a star. !!! The Moon is moving away from the Earth at approx 1.5 inches per year....So its gonna keep orbiting for potentially many many billions of years to come, and if you don't think that's perpetual then you need help.

The moon will eventually break orbit though. It won't continue on forever.

Orbits are not a perpetual movement.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
We're ALL rooting for you in our own individual ways....

But please understand everyone's skepticism. Over-unity has been demonstrated to exist, but only in very small amounts and so far, only in LEDs under specific conditions. (source) ...

If you read the article it says in the caption next to the inset photo:

An LED’s power conversion (wall-plug) efficiency varies inversely with its optical output power. Wall-plug efficiency can exceed 100%, the unity efficiency, at low applied voltages and high temperatures....

The article mentions nothing about what those "high temperatures" are, but then says:

This light-emitting process cools the LED slightly, making it operate similar to a thermoelectric cooler. Although the cooling is insufficient to provide practical cooling at room temperature, it could potentially be used for designing lights that don’t generate heat. When used as a heat pump, the device might be useful for solid-state cooling applications or even power generation.

The LED is not operating at over-unity, unless you somehow believe thermoelectric cooling devices are over-unity. It appears to be because it is producing more "light" than the power supply / voltage consumed suggests is possible. However, just as TEC's take advantage of a temperature gradient to generate electricity, this LED is absorbing "heat" energy from the surroundings to assist / augment the "light" output.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by ken10

You are Wrong, and so is the person who gave you a star. !!! The Moon is moving away from the Earth at approx 1.5 inches per year....So its gonna keep orbiting for potentially many many billions of years to come, and if you don't think that's perpetual then you need help.

The moon will eventually break orbit though. It won't continue on forever.

Orbits are not a perpetual movement.

How do you know ?

You thought the Moon would crash into the Earth until I told you the Moon was actually moving away from the Earth.

So who's to say the Moon couldn't move out of its orbit for a few hundred feet and then move back into its orbit on a constant cycle for eternity ????

No-one knows so therefore a far as anyone can say the Moon's orbit must be perpetual in every sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

Soooo, Planets in orbit for BILLIONS OF YEARS are NOT perpetual enough.......

Nope.

They are slowly falling towards their foci, shedding "gravitational potential energy" as their orbits get ever smaller.

You are Wrong, and so is the person who gave you a star. !!!

The Moon is moving away from the Earth at approx 1.5 inches per year....So its gonna keep orbiting for potentially many many billions of years to come, and if you don't think that's perpetual then you need help.

My question would be.....

Who equates the rotation of planets or their orbits around the sun with an over-unity electrical device?

Archimedes supposedly stated, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." Likewise, give me an outside load (think of a giant brake) to place on our Earth, and I will stop its silly spinning.

ETA: there is a new thread about a V-gate magnetic motor that will keep spinning indefinitely on its own. The motor designer says that one must be very careful when building it, because if it is too heavy, it won't work. It might be perpetual motion, but don't try to put any load on it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

How do you know ? You thought the Moon would crash into the Earth until I told you the Moon was actually moving away from the Earth.

Actually if you think about it. The moon will eventually crash into the sun. The Earth is just a secondary foci. If the Earth were to suddenly vanish, the moon would ultimately collide with the sun as its velocity is less than the escape velocity for the solar system..

So who's to say the Moon couldn't move out of its orbit for a few hundred feet and then move back into its orbit on a constant cycle for eternity ????

Sure it's possible, but gravitational influences are not evidence of orbits being perpetual. Just that there are several tidal forces influencing the orbital path of the moon.

No-one knows so therefore a far as anyone can say the Moon's orbit must be perpetual in every sense of the word.

Just because you lack the ability to understand a concept, does not mean that everyone doesn't understand.

Maybe you should review Newton's third law.
edit on 20/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Everyone always seems to equate things against perpetual motion. If you can use a fuel source to create more power than the fuel can create than it is always better. If we still need the power grid but can create a lot more power at our house from it with little environmental impact, what's wrong with that. Using the magnetic field locally with the power created by conventional methods can also save lots of destruction of our planet. Sounds good enough for me, but I don't think capitalism will agree with my principles.

I have run into a little problem with my thinking though. It seems that everything I think of attracts lightning and lightning will burn it out. Also the lightning would come into the house along the wires that connect such a device. Kind of sucks if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

Soooo, Planets in orbit for BILLIONS OF YEARS are NOT perpetual enough.......

Nope.

They are slowly falling towards their foci, shedding "gravitational potential energy" as their orbits get ever smaller.

You are Wrong, and so is the person who gave you a star. !!!

The Moon is moving away from the Earth at approx 1.5 inches per year....So its gonna keep orbiting for potentially many many billions of years to come, and if you don't think that's perpetual then you need help.

Hey Ken10,
You really have to understand basic physics if you want to participate in this particular discussion. No malice intended but take a course in astrophysics. You wont post like this after that.

Irregardless of the moon moving toward or away from earth, it is a perturbance, which in the world of physics is a resistance, a lossy change in inertia of a body that describes a system. The force causing it is gravity. While it indeed may be true that you can use gravity to slingshot a body around another body to produce increased acceleration, you need a force that can accelerate that body close to another body fast enough so that the other body does not suck it right up. Now, unless you put rockets on the body, there is no other force to accelerate it.

And, as the other poster said,,,, Billions of years is not eternal. When the moon does leave the influence of Earth, guess where it is headed.... (10 points)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Hey Charlyv, Looks like you haven't grasped the basics.....remember this quote:

A body in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted on by an outside force.....Isaac Newton

So lets put that into context....."a body in motion"....Thats the Moon..."tends to stay in motion" ....That would be forever, as in a state of perpetual motion...[i]"unless acted on by an outside force".

So the Moon is in a state of perpetual motion until some other force changes that fact.

Or as in another analogy...

If I take a fully wound and working eight day clock and place it in a six lane highway, it would always have been an eight day clock regardless of whether or not it made it till the eighth day.

I'll leave you with that, and bid you a good day.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not that it has a whole lot of bearing on the case of the OP,

But what body in the universe is not acted upon by the gravitation forces of other bodies?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

So the Moon is in a state of perpetual motion until some other force changes that fact.

Nope.

The moons motion is due to an external force. The explosion of the star that gave it birth, imparted finite GPE/KE.

If the moons motion were perpetual it would be moving under its own power.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't think perpetual motion even truly exists. Everything has an influence on something.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I don't think you will grasp this concept, but by your logic my car is a perpetual motion device. If you don't understand the logic, let me know and I'll clue you in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by ken10

I don't think you will grasp this concept, but by your logic my car is a perpetual motion device. If you don't understand the logic, let me know and I'll clue you in.

No mate, your car is not a perpetual motion device because OUTSIDE FORCES are stopping it from being so....Namely FRICTION ...And with a plane its FRICTION plus GRAVITY

Look back at Isaac Newtons quote and think about what its saying.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join