It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High RPM to Low RPM, Motor-Generator: Public Discolsure - The Real McCoy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

The competency, comes from knowing my facts, and having a team of engineers who have combed through this already. And confidence comes from having a power purchase agreement already with one of the large countries in South America.

It's a good thing your willing to learn, because this is where the world is heading.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by bradagilah

Also the number your quoting at 81.9% stands for power factor.

I was giving an example .....I wasn't quoting your specs.

...and yes I am well aware of 'power factor' and how it is corrected.

Would you like to explain to all of us how you can only correct the power factor for a limited operating range?

If the load on the generator is going to be dynamic......correcting the power factor is only going to be efficient at one particular load.

That's why I said to use a VFD on the prime mover. The VFD will handle all of that for you... Industry experts have already worked their butts off to make VFDs into an extremely sophisticated piece of engineering, to solve many common problems and improve on motors. I would suggest attending an expo on one, where all the manufacturers of VFDs gather together.
edit on 15-4-2012 by bradagilah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Simply based on physics, which is what electrical engineering is hinged upon, all of your information should scale to motors of smaller and larger sizes.

Is there some physical limitation that has to be overcome by using the larger generators?

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Simply based on physics, which is what electrical engineering is hinged upon, all of your information should scale to motors of smaller and larger sizes.

Is there some physical limitation that has to be overcome by using the larger generators?

~Namaste

It'll scale, you just have to find something built to suit your need. It exists out there somewhere if you look hard enough. Someone probably made it to serve some other purpose, and you can adapt it to yours.

Heck, they already have mega watt high pole count generator heads used in the hydroelectric industry and wind industry. The latest wind turbines by Siemens use them.
edit on 15-4-2012 by bradagilah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The competency, comes from knowing my facts, and having a team of engineers who have combed through this already.

When you say "team of engineers", do you mean "you and your mates down at the bar"?

And confidence comes from having a power purchase agreement already with one of the large countries in South America.

Wow...you must be for real.....Those South Americans are a savvy bunch.

That's why I said to use a VFD on the prime mover. The VFD will handle all of that for you... Industry experts have already worked their butts off to make VFDs into an extremely sophisticated piece of engineering, to solve many common problems and improve on motors. I would suggest attending an expo on one, where all the manufacturers of VFDs gather together.

Sweet.....Now you just need a generator and motor with 101% efficiency each and you'll have over unity.

edit on 16/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What I think most of us need is some source of high pole count generators that are small enough for practical home experimentation. With the economy being what it is this is only feasible if it can be done on a budget.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

That's a bit harsh and stereotypical... I'm willing to at least hear him out and ask questions.

You shouldn't rush to judgment so fast, especially considering the nature of ATS. The OP is intelligently speaking about the information.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think it's a little early to be hurling recriminations... if I understand this right he is not claiming he is generating 200 kilowatts from a garbage disposal motor and some duct tape like many do. He is instead stating that he is getting excess power of about 1200 watts from some very large and expensive equipment.

This is why I have been asking about the smallest setup he thinks it's possible to use and still get the effect he is seeing. Quite frankly most of us don't have the money it would take to get a 24 pole generator from a wind turbine to experiment with. However as the OP has stated already in his own posts he is more than willing to demonstrate his setup to someone to prove his case. I think the least we can do is give him respect and kudos for that much considering how many other inventors have no interest in sharing their technology with anyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Intelligently speaking is a mark of a good con as well. Basic common sense tells you energy will be lost, not gained. Basically we're being told it works and trust me because I have a large order. How does he have no proof yet has large orders? Why can't he give numbers, input was x output was y. Question everything, do far no answers have been provided.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That's a bit harsh and stereotypical... I'm willing to at least hear him out and ask questions.

You shouldn't rush to judgment so fast, especially considering the nature of ATS. The OP is intelligently speaking about the information.

~Namaste

These systems have been proposed many times in the past and all have been found to be fraudulent/failures.

Considering the money spent by power companies on R&D.
Does the OP really think that engineers would have missed something so obvious?

Can you imagine owning a power company and having a product that cost zero to provide beyond infrastructure and maintenance?

I don't think that a power company in the world would bother with coal/nuclear/diesel power generation if such a thing were possible.

Perpetual motion/ZPE/Over-unity are all shams.

You cannot take something and convert it to another state without losses.

It simply won't work.

Even cold fusion requires a fuel source.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Sweet.....Now you just need a generator and motor with 101% efficiency each and you'll have over unity.

edit on 16/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Here's an IE3 premium efficiency chart on wikipedia. (en.wikipedia.org...) The chart, indicates, the efficiency ranges for motors. The efficiency rating doesn't mean crap if you don't know how to read it. Notice how the efficiency of the 375 kW motors both 2 Pole and 6 Pole are both the same. You obviously don't understand the meaning of an efficiency rating on a Nema name plate. I suggest a thorough college course in electrical engineering for you. And I mean that seriously, if you had a proper education on this subject, you wouldn't be nay saying with uneducated comments. And if you had half a brain you would be asking someone much wiser than you for clarification, such as myself.

Everyone can verify what I am saying right now by reading the specs off of Baldor's website.

Take the ECP44352T-4 and compare it to the ECP50356LR-2340. Both are high end 350 HP 3PH induction motors. Except the ECP44352T-4 operates at 3565 rpm due to it being two poles with a 95.8% efficiency. And the ECP50356LR-2340 operates at 1192 rpm with a 95% efficiency and thus has 6 poles. The horspower per VA breakdown for the ECP44352T-4 is 486 VA per HP. And the ECP50356LR-2340 is 531 VA per HP. Now a .8% difference in efficiency does not account for the difference in VA between the two motors. So efficiency right off of the bat, is not what you understood it to be, off of the top of your head...

The kW per HP of both a motor and generator cross over one and another. And the whole concept of 745 watts equaling a hp, is a bunch of horse crap, and if you take a proper college class on motors and have actual bench time, then you would understand this. This figure was only created, to provide for a number that can be used in arbitrary calculations. It is highly unexacting... The HP per Watts breakdown of motors is a figure that varies significantly and is all over the place. And I already explained why this is so several times...

edit on 16-4-2012 by bradagilah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

~Namaste

These systems have been proposed many times in the past and all have been found to be fraudulent/failures.

Considering the money spent by power companies on R&D.
Does the OP really think that engineers would have missed something so obvious?

Can you imagine owning a power company and having a product that cost zero to provide beyond infrastructure and maintenance?

I don't think that a power company in the world would bother with coal/nuclear/diesel power generation if such a thing were possible.

Perpetual motion/ZPE/Over-unity are all shams.

You cannot take something and convert it to another state without losses.

It simply won't work.

Even cold fusion requires a fuel source.

Go ask a university if they have ever connected a VFD to an four pole electric motor, and then geared and coupled that to a high pole count generator - forget if it works or not, have they even tried??. And they will tell you no. I challenge you to find one who has... The problem is not with the technology it is with the hearts and minds of you folks as individuals. You come up with every excuse for why it shouldn't work... when prototypes prove it does, and the facts off of the manufacturers websites also support everything I am saying, as well as the text books, and the math. Remember when everyone thought the Earth was flat. Your beginning to sound like one of those people.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

when prototypes prove it does

Have you got a vid of this?

Got some verifiable evidence?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Just with your quoted specs on the generator and squirrel cage motor.

The specs are input specs.

So.....as an example.....if a squirrel cage motor is a 1kW and has an efficiency of 85%......we only see (at an absolute maximum in ideal conditions) 850W at the output shaft.

The same goes for generators. The generator will only operate at maximum efficiency in ideal conditions, typically not, what you would find in most operating environments.

Gears will introduce loss.

Any heat generated indicates loss.

Any sound produced indicates loss.

Any loss = wasted energy.

Turning Waste heat into Electricity

How fitting we're all wasted too.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Keep after the hearts and minds...

Reference my signature file in your spare time as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
LIke I've already said ... he's offering to let someone come verify the working prototype the least we can do is withhold the comments until someone has went to see what the man has to show us. If I lived closer you can be sure I'd be headed down to take a look at what he has to show us.

If it bothers you that much that someone thinks they've found a solution to our problems and isn't asking for ANY MONEY or anything else from you but that you listen and maybe learn .... I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

As I said, in this thread, and I also said on the overunity.com forums, I welcome any credible individuals in the community with respect and clout on these forums, to come to my facility and verify what I am saying in person. I just don't want any joe smoe off of the street as it is a waste of my time, and no one in the community will take them seriously anyhow.

I have been attempting to get in touch with large universities and such, and even our own government. But so far no one is listening, and my team obviously has to try harder. It all falls on deaf ears... Its no problem producing units, or getting funding, that's the easy part. It's getting the people who need to listen to listen. So if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Keep after the hearts and minds...

Reference my signature file in your spare time as well.

Amen to that brother.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bradagilah

As I said, in this thread, and I also said on the overunity.com forums, I welcome any credible individuals in the community with respect and clout on these forums, to come to my facility and verify what I am saying in person. I just don't want any joe smoe off of the street as it is a waste of my time, and no one in the community will take them seriously anyhow.

I have been attempting to get in touch with large universities and such, and even our own government. But so far no one is listening, and my team obviously has to try harder. It all falls on deaf ears... Its no problem producing units, or getting funding, that's the easy part. It's getting the people who need to listen to listen. So if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Hey,
at least your heart is in the right place and you want humans to suffer less.

Don't be discouraged, you are thinking larger scale because you want to affect more people...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This is where having a background in electrical engineering would help you all. Otherwise it's your Achilles heal.

Having a background in Mechanical Engineering would help you understand what is happening at the gear-box.

You would instantly understand why you have hit the academic brick wall when you approach universities.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join