It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lachanophobia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lachanophobia is a rare phobia meaning the fear of vegetables. This is a condition I have had for my entire 25 years. I have not eaten a vegetable (except rhubarb) since i quit eating baby food. I am not overweight, I have no health problems, I get plenty of exercise and I do eat fruit occasionally. Now I am not an extreme example ie one of those people that have panic attacks at the sight of a vegetable I rather enjoy cutting and cooking them for my wife. But no matter how hard I try I cannot get myself to ingest them. I immediately start throwing up when they enter may mouth. Dont come here and start the oh grow up and eat your veggies bs I am so sick of hearing that. Lately I have been thinking more and more about my health and how long I want to live. I have tried everything forcing myself (failed horribly), therapy (unsuccessful), and people have tried to sneak them in. I am ridiculed by every veggy loving person that finds out about this aspect of my personality. I mean I dont eat fast food at all or eat processed foods and yet I have had people that eat mcdonalds 3 meals a day bashin on me. My diet consists of meats and grains. Anybody have a similar issue that theyve gotten through?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'll eat lettuce and carrots (raw ones, not cooked) and that's about it.

I just cant stand the texture of most of them... Especially when cooked.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

LOL @ eat your veggies. I got told that so much as a child. I hate them. I ate mainly meat and grains and nuts and chocolate and chips (crisps) back then. Now I still don't like vegetables but am a vegetarian. Go figure. Thankfully I sound less uh...problematic than you. I'm just picky and spoilt I guess.

ETA I count myself lucky. I've seen people on TV who go into anaphylactic shock when coming into contact with something that has come into contact with something so ubiquitous as the humble potato. Or nuts. Nut allergies. Scary things happening these days...
edit on 15/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I personally believe that the statistics on vegetables being good for you are lies but I also believe this may just be denial haha

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Is not ''phobia'' a ''fear''? If you can't injest vegetables, but you can look at them and cut them without trouble, then it's not a phobia, it's a body rejection reaction. ''Phobia'' is when you can't look at something without going crazy with terror.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hell yeah they are scary!!

Look at these guys!

vvv

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Well there are different levels of fear some people are arachnophobic but can learn to go as far as killing them and or moving them with a piece of paper from the house. Though once suffering from paralyzing fear they overcome some of it and that doesnt mean they are less arachnophobic it just means they have overcome part of said fear.
edit on 16-4-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: incomplete thought had to add more

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Vegetables are creepy! those little fellas are kinda cute though haha

top topics

join