It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you put in your hip flask or wine skin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Frangelico. I know, wuss drink... BUT... I suffer from gout. Pist about that too, btw. Since I stopped taking the gout pill and went to Frangelico, no gout. None. Not a bit of the pain from it. An old fat monk told me about its wonderfulness.
edit on 16-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

vodka vodka vodak vodka!!!!

must be my Russian 1/3 blood but I love that #! also from a practical survival stand point its useful for Just about everything, heck find some herbs out in the wild and throw them in flask for an infusion....that's how 'green fairy' is pretty much made...

get a cut....vodka cleans it!

dirty glasses....clean with vodka!

got a blister....vodka

thirsty....vooooddka!

stay thirsty my friends! :-)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
!90 proof Everclear would be my choice... If it's the kick that you're desiring it's the stuff you want.. Twice the kick of Makers Mark so you don't have to carry as much.. It's "white lightning" that has been taxed and is legal.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
- edit redo:

I think I'll leave my wine skin empty to avoid getting shot or tortured via false accusations. After all, BOOZE is PROHIBITED in some in places. TPTB are going to kill everyone anyway.

edit on 4/16/2012 by reitze because: avoid mod - even if I thought I was right.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap

I see it as a matter of alcohol content. I prefer something that can clean wounds, calm nerves, and also - is flammable. Something 151 proof +

Star for you. In that situation "bang for the buck" is important, in this case a limited volume so you have only so many ounces. Much as I like wine (which need not be refrigerated, btw) at 10-13% it simply isn't potent enough. The same is true of the liquers, though Grand Marnier is a damn fine drink! So Everclear at 190 proof tops the list, but you might choose absinthe, which is a respectable 148 proof (74% ABV) at its top. Its flavor is close to anise, so if you don't like licorice it may not be for you, but at least it HAS a flavor where Everclear--not so much.

edit on 4/16/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the situation was extreme, the angle some posts have taken, I'd go for Lindisfarne mead. I once walked across to Lindisfarne from Beal on the mainland and was very tired, but on arrival they were giving out little tots of mead to try. As soon as I'd drunk it I felt the warmth spread from head to toe and I was ready to walk to another island... On the other hand, if the flask was just for a drink to take on a long, pleasant walk I'd go for home-made elderflower lemonade - just elderflowers, lemon, water, sugar and a little bit of vinegar. Very refreshing, hydrating and probably the nearest thing to nectar.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Frangelico. I know, wuss drink... BUT... I suffer from gout. Pist about that too, btw. Since I stopped taking the gout pill and went to Frangelico, no gout. None. Not a bit of the pain from it. An old fat monk told me about its wonderfulness.
edit on 16-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

Damn, I have gout, and as you know it sucks. Bad when you have to use a cane and grab the walls and doorframes to make it to the bathroom in the morning! I just might have to find me some Frangelico!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Rakija.
You can disinfect wounds,keep cold at bay,degrease auto parts,and get seriously drunk in a matter of minutes,and that is the whole purpose of alcohol ladies and gentlemen.
And one more thing,I have seen an incredible amount of alcohol tolerance,if there was an emergency were I live,it would be more like a crate of alcohol than a just a hip flask to do whatever job that alcohol intends to do.
edit on 16-4-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I don't always get arrows to the leg...

but when I do -

I drink Stolichnaya vodka.

Stolichnaya

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I prefer my rum when warm. so rum in the warmer months. Whiskey in the colder.

Or some fine good shine anytime! But it is getting hard to find GOOD shine around here anymore. and the stores only carry 100 proof.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Whiskey,and it would be Black+White.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Ive always wondered about Absinthe-never tried it though.Im not a big drinker,in summer i like strawberry fruit ale,maybe a beer once in a while,in winter,a whiskey now and then.Thing is,i have kids in the house,i cannot take something thats gonna make me go doolally,you know..so if i have just the one glass of Absinthe,will i still be fairly Corpus Mentis? You know,present and correct enough? Im very curious,actually.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by emberscott

Ive always wondered about Absinthe-never tried it though.Im not a big drinker,in summer i like strawberry fruit ale,maybe a beer once in a while,in winter,a whiskey now and then.Thing is,i have kids in the house,i cannot take something thats gonna make me go doolally,you know..so if i have just the one glass of Absinthe,will i still be fairly Corpus Mentis? You know,present and correct enough? Im very curious,actually.

I went through an Absinthe phase a few years back (ten or so) when it hadn't made it back to the states. I had a little money to throw around, and ordered La Fee (a good brand) from overseas. I mixed it up the usual way, and even was hardcore enough to add in a little Wormwood extract! Absinthe is not psychoactive. Wormwood is poisonous only in large amounts. There was a guy who drank like an entire glass of Wormwood extract thinking it was Absinthe, and he was hospitalized but survived. All the stories about Absinthe making people go insane that ended up making it illegal in Europe for most of the 20th century stem from the fact that it is very high alcohol, but doesn't seem that way, until it is too late!
eople were just pounding a lot of a spirit that is 130-150 proof at the strongest, and getting the DTs.

All I can say about the drunk, is that if anything, it is a more lucid drunk than beer or wine or other spirits, as long as you don't drink the whole bottle. This is just because it is a white spirit with herbal flavorings. This kind of makes me want to get some again, however, the good stuff is pricey. Avoid Czech Absinthe: La Fee is the way to go. It's 136 proof, 68% alcohol, and remember, you are meant to add water!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

you might keep your still temp between 168 and 175 degrees ....booze not cooked off correctly can kill anybody,,,better read up a little, and lets have a drink!!!

edit on 17-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Green Dragon.

Don't ask.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by godspetrat

Thanks for the info! If its that expensive,i doubt whether i will try it,then-in case i despise the taste.I drink to get a nice mellow buzz,just to relax,and stick to things i actually enjoy the taste of-like Frangelico,which is sublime,but expensive in my country,so that is a very rare treat.Also Black+White whiskey,which has,to me at least,a taste that seems a bit different to other whiskeys.I see Absinthe has an aniseed taste-im not a big fan of aniseed-ish things.So i may pass on that,no use spending lotsa money on something that's just going to sit there-but if for some reason i change my mind,ever,i will go for LaFee.Would have to order it,anyway,the little town close to us dont stock such exotic things,mostly the brandy+Coke(a-Cola)crowd around here.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I checked, and though La Fee was $100 a bottle when I was getting it (when it still wasn't clear whether it was legal in the US: guess what? It was never actually made officially illegal in the US!) but now it is somewhat more reasonable at $60 or so. I'm tempted to try it again!

Oh yes, and Absinthe is most definitely an herbal liquor-think Pernod or Vermouth!

edit on 18-4-2012 by godspetrat because: addition.

Heh heh: just got back from the liquor store. 110 proof Absinthe is the best I can get in this town, but looks like the real deal! The brand is called Absente (very original!) and is made in France. $45 a bottle, not so bad. Will be fun to revisit my Absinthe drinking days, but some of the mystique is gone since it is as easy to get as Jack Daniels now. Will wait a few hours before I partake: it's an evening beverage!

The package has a picture of Van Gogh on it. Not the best advertisement for Absinthe. Hide the razors! Friends, Artists, Absinthe drinkers; LEND ME YOUR EARS!

Thanks, Raxoxane, for reminding me to revisit this "Fee" from my past!

edit on 18-4-2012 by godspetrat because: update.

And one last edit: on researching this brand, it seems that when it was introduced to the US market, it used a non-thujone containing cousin of Artemesia Absinthium called Southern Wormwood, and caught some flak for that. It does have the real stuff now, but who knows how much. Also has artificial coloring, so I'm sure there are better brands. Still looking forward to trying it. Actually, La Fee, the brand I was drinking years ago and ordering from overseas, didn't get spectacular reviews either!
edit on 18-4-2012 by godspetrat because: Last Addition.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't always drink beer; but when I do, I usually prefer Dos Equis

Either that, or a potion of teleportation.

Seriously folks, the flask is for when you return to the warmth of the fire, when the work is done. And then, why not some Jaegermeister? After all, it tastes just like Nyquil...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Thanks for that info. I use vodka to make my herbal tinctures and I was considering buying a case or something to keep on hand to make sure I don't run out. Thinking about that, I wondered if I should stock some just for bartering if the need should arise, then I thought maybe other stuff would be good to stock for bartering. Cigarettes, coffee, sugary treats. People do love these little luxuries. A little off topic, I know, but you got me thinking the vodka thing is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Whisky, any single malt. Talisker by choice, but any Scottish single malt will do.

There are no bad single malts. There are only better ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join